• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want to see Kanto in Gen V?

Kanto in V?

• Total voters
I thought they could have Kanto set between Gen I and III or II or IV. Then we could see things like Cinnabar Volcano erupting and Blue becoming the gym leader and the roads between Kanto and Johto being created.

That's an interesting idea. BUt that seems more like an idea for a manga special, imo, then again, 3 years is a lot of time, it could work. I'm personally for my suggestion because Gen. V takes place after Gen. II & IV & we could see an entirely different Kanto; a new rebuilt Cinnabar Island &/or Seafoam Islands, Celadon & Saffron being bigger metropolises, the Safari Zone importing more pokemon (including Unova pokemon), maybe even new gym leaders/E4 members, etc. It's just speculation though.

I say yes,but not in the form of remakes. FR/LG and HG/SS are enough,they covered the classics and they should stop.

I don't see a point in re-remaking Kanto so early or making remakes of R/S whose greatest 'push' were new game mechanics and,since B/W set the standards for Gen.V.

But a game that lets you travel back to Kanto would be nice.

I say yes,but not in the form of remakes. FR/LG and HG/SS are enough,they covered the classics and they should stop.

I don't see a point in re-remaking Kanto so early or making remakes of R/S whose greatest 'push' were new game mechanics and,since B/W set the standards for Gen.V.

But a game that lets you travel back to Kanto would be nice.

R/S isn't playable on the current handhelds... plus I don't expect a newcomer to have a DSlite since those are out of production so most peple have a DSi or a 3DS plus I think they should end the remakes with R/S but lets get back on topic

I only want to see Kanto if it has had some massive shakeups in places. Gen II Kanto was a little bit different, but not enough to really distinguish it from Gen I Kanto in my opinion. If it's going to be exactly the same place as it used to be, then I don't think a re-visit is worth it. Add more changes like the volcano blowing up, and then my interest may be peaked.

I'd love to go back to Kanto. I also agree with the idea of setting it maybe in a different time zone, with new story. Personally I wouldn't mind revisiting Y/R/B, because then it's for story relevance, not just for the sake of it. If they do go back for the old story, I reckon they could fine tune it and improve it. If they do, it'd probably be for the 3DS, because let's look at it from Nintendo's perspective. The gen 1 games cannot be played on the 3DS. And with so many incarnations of the ds in between, it's unlikely that any new people would be able to play them, and probably wouldn't buy them online, and the old DS. But if they do, I'd prefer if they revisit Yellow. Because from my perspective, it looks like the games chronology goes by the third game, if you look at the Giratina reference in B/W. So perhaps they'd go by the way of Yellow, which I think would be good, because then a lot is focused on gameplay & story rather than just on region. So, to wrap it all up, I would like to see Kanto this generation, but with a smoother & improved storyline (and I liked it to begin with), to make it more appealing gameplay and story wise. Can't believe I just said that. Otherwise, yes, a bit too much Kanto. In other words, Yellow.

No. I don't. We've had Kanto in all of the other 4 generations, there's no reason to bring it back. That is, unless they pull off something incredible, like teleporting in between regions with the evil team or something. Other than that, no. Too much Kanto. I'd much rather re-visit Hoenn. Besides, there's too many oldfags that complain about everything new. If we go back to Kanto again, it'll either A: Make them bitch about how horrible the remakes are and how they ruined Kanto, thus causing them to complain about everything new, or B: They'll love it way too much, causing them to complain about everything new.

What I would like to see are some easter eggs that reference past Gens in the next game. Maybe battle all of the past playable characters? Easter eggs would be better than re-visiting Kanto, IMO.

I don't really care, but NO REMAKE for it. After all, who said it would HAVE to be a remake of RBY or FRLG? I wouldn't mind a SEQUEL, but it would need to add something along with the Sevii Isles

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, Unova looks to be the new Kanto, with around the same amount of Gen V Pokemon as in the 1st gen, it being a much farther away area, and it being a place where no older Pokemon appear at first. And there are no evolutions or pre-evolutions to previous Pokemon introduced in this gen. We have stuff like Woobat and Swoobat as the new Zubat and Golbat... etc. The anime, which promotes the games, expanded on this by having Ash travel with two gym leaders-ish, and by having him start over with just Pikachu (not that it's the first time for that) and him catching the three starter Pokemon (which first happened in Kanto). Since the anime promotes the games, I think that this scenario helps the games be more Kanto-like as well.

Having Kanto references and things like the Mewtwo events is one thing, but I think bringing back Kanto to play in the games is another thing. Doing that defeats the purpose of what's been done to Unova, imo.

(I'd be fine, though, if Japan released the entire Kanto series on DVD in Japan, although the lack of the Porygon episode would be understandable. But the anime is another story anyway. I'm mentioning 'cause there is a way I'm fine with them bringing the actual Kanto back.)

I don't see anything wrong with remakes and bringing back old regions.

I wanna say, I think a majority of people who don't want Kanto in Gen V were fine with it being present in earlier games.

When Gen VI comes out with its glorious graphics, people are gonna want a DP remake, and that's only natural.

But D/P/Sinnoh would've last been seen two regions prior. Having a Kanto remake in Gen V would mean Kanto in this gen and the four previous ones, so Kanto would've appeared a lot more, and more recently. Basically, they're two different scenarios.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm uh... getting pretty sick of seeing Kanto every generation :/ Can we have one without it in any way, shape, or form?

I have no issues with Kanto. I'd actually like to see a Kanto remake in GenV, despite how pointless it would be. Game Freak can always come up with something new to include in it.

I'd like to see it in the new graphics styles, but not a whole game. I think even setting foot in Kanto might be a little stretched. A lot of this thread's conversation has also been riding on the possibility of an RS remake, which we don't even know if it's happening. I'm guessing they have something up their sleeve, but I'm not betting on anything.

I don't necessarily want to go back to kanto but would like something with prof. Oak making an appearance

I would rather see Hoenn in Gen V for a change of view, however how could anyone get bored of Gen 1's Kanto o_O???

It's the original region and will always be welcome to return in every generation for me :p I mean I grew up with that region and just can't post here and say I'm tired of it sorry, but that's nostalgia for ya!

But as I already said Hoenn is the region that I most desperately want to re-visit again in this Generation for sure ^^

Honestly, our time in Kanto should end and we should move on. If anywhere Orre has more reason to be revisited.

I would rather see Hoenn in Gen V for a change of view, however how could anyone get bored of Gen 1's Kanto o_O???

It's the original region and will always be welcome to return in every generation for me :p I mean I grew up with that region and just can't post here and say I'm tired of it sorry, but that's nostalgia for ya!

But as I already said Hoenn is the region that I most desperately want to re-visit again in this Generation for sure ^^

While KAnto is the original we've seen in 4 Gens in a row... so yeah it gets boring after awhile... I respect and do have fond feelings for it but I'm sick of seeing it in every Gen I'd be happy to see it in Gen VI but not V Hoenn needs to be visited so th younger crowed whos tarted with HG/SS B/W can play because they probibly have a DSi and can't play the original GBA games

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom