• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want to see Kanto in Gen V?

Kanto in V?

• Total voters
No... Kanto wasn't that good of a region, and I want to see it if they have a new plot for it.

If kanto is revisitied there would be many differences between future Kanto and the kanto we seen before. The settlements have changed in some way like newer buildings, towns have gotten larger.

i dont know really because its already been on a ds game

the only way that it would be better was if it had even better graphics (like castelia city)

I would love to see Kanto in Gen 5.
Why? Two words: TIME LINE.
Think of all the insane changes that happened in just (if I remember correctly) 2 years! When they went into Kanto in GSC.
If I remember correctly, BW takes place 6 years after RBY, God only knows what has occurred in that amount of time. Also Kanto is my favorite region, so I always like to know what's happening to it.

NO. It would be a complete waste of spriting and time and it had its chance for 4 generations.
I'm wondering why people are voting yes in the poll. It obviously won't bring anything new or fresh in the table other than the graphics.

No, I do not want to see Kanto again. We got it last year in HG/SS. I know for most people it's just the nostalsia but we have FIVE main regions now. GF is trying to put impasis on all of them. So far Hoenn is the region with the least spotlight. We have to let it shine. Besides I can go to Kanto anytime I want to. I don't have a GBA so I can't play RSE. Give Hoenn some room to grow. Kanto has been in every clompeted gen now. Hoenn has been in one. One that I can't play.

If that ever happens, they should include the cross gen pre/evos of the Kanto Pokemon in the Pokedex and fix the gym leader rosters for it:

Brock: Same
Misty: Psyduck and Starmie
Surge: Elekid, Voltorb, and Raichu
Erika: Leafeon, Victreebel, and Bellossom
Koga: Koffing, Venemoth, Muk, and Crobat
Sabrina: Espeon, Mr. Mime, Slowking, and Alakazam
Blaine: Flareon, Rapidash, Arcanine, and Magmortar
Giovanni: Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Dugtrio, Sandslash, and Rhydon

Not really. What's the point, nostalgia? If so, then just release the original RBY on the 3DS's Virtual Console, whatever the hell it's called. It would need some reworking due to the lack of link cables, but that would probably be better than a full-fledged re-remake.

^ You have to admit that FR/LG still had some problems that are yet to be fixed (Sevii Islands wasn't enough) such as the lack of diversity on certain types and getting Espeon and Umbreon, which is why part of my idea on my previous post was based off of adding cross gen evos in HG/SS.

I'm really suprised so many people want to see Kanto again. Seems like whenever someone usually mentions Kanto they complain about how sick they are of it.

I'm really suprised so many people want to see Kanto again. Seems like whenever someone usually mentions Kanto they complain about how sick they are of it.

It's true, it seems like when there is a chance we can get it everyone wants it. But when we get it everyone hates it.

We've seen enough of Kanto. It's been on EVERY GENERATION SO FAR. Please, a break!

Honestly, It would be one of the only Pokemon games I wouldn't buy. I've had enough of Kanto.

I want to see Hoenn!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom