• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you wear glasses?

I wanted to get contacts this year, and the year before, but then I realized contacts just weren’t for me, and I just didn’t physically need them at all.

Not being able to wear sunglasses is probably one of my least favorite things about having glasses, cause I have to layer them over my glasses and then they don't fit or just look weird. I do have a pair of sunglasses that's designed to fit over glasses, but they look rather clunky and lame in comparison to all the cool sunglass designs I see.
Yeah fitting sunglasses over my actual glasses is not viable; personally my solution has been to always get the transition lenses, though they aren't quite as good. I know there's also ones that clip on, though those probably only work for specific frame shapes.

The only time ever I recall wearing sunglasses myself was when I was like, six, haha. They were Mickey Mouse sunglasses with the signature mouse ears on each lens, vintage from Walt Disney World. Not exactly stylish by adult standards, but pretty fly for a kid, I guess! (I wonder if they even worked as real sunglasses, now that I think about it…)

Meanwhile, I’m not exactly an expert on sunglasses at this point or anything — I haven’t even really looked for any yet! — but I’d imagine that my ideal style probably wouldn’t be the kind of lenses where you can’t even see my eyes, haha. Just how “light” I would want them is something that I have yet to figure out, but once I finally take the plunge and explore, I’ll get there!

I was prescribed glasses with the intent to use them for driving but beyond that I don't wear them, and it's not that I don't think I look good with glasses. It's more that I'm scared wearing glasses all the time would change the way I perceive my OWN vision.

I was prescribed glasses with the intent to use them for driving but beyond that I don't wear them, and it's not that I don't think I look good with glasses. It's more that I'm scared wearing glasses all the time would change the way I perceive my OWN vision.
That can happen unfortunately... So I have a power bank that has 4 lights that show how much it has charged. I knew at some point it was next to bed and had 3 lights on and the 4th was currently flashing. A few minutes later, by chance, while I was not wearing glasses (since I was lying down in bed), and right eye was blocked by a pillow, left eye (astigmatism) saw 4 lights on with a 5th flashing.

Like I could SWEAR there were 5 lights, had it been some object I did not know about I would feel SURE of it. Freaked me out a bit...

I don't wear glasses at the moment, but considering some of the minor mishaps I've had at work those past few weeks (namely picking up items with the wrong number because the reference number was similar to another), I'll consider this in the future. Near, far future, I don't know yet.

That can happen unfortunately... So I have a power bank that has 4 lights that show how much it has charged. I knew at some point it was next to bed and had 3 lights on and the 4th was currently flashing. A few minutes later, by chance, while I was not wearing glasses (since I was lying down in bed), and right eye was blocked by a pillow, left eye (astigmatism) saw 4 lights on with a 5th flashing.

Like I could SWEAR there were 5 lights, had it been some object I did not know about I would feel SURE of it. Freaked me out a bit...
That indeed sounds pretty freaky; oof. Really shows how your brain can play some serious tricks on you like that. As it so happens, I often find that if I squint my eyes a certain way that some weird optical illusions can show up, and that’s with me having near-perfect vision. When I was younger I would often do this on purpose because I thought that said illusions looked cool, haha, but nowadays I wonder if that might instead be a preview of what to expect if my eyesight ever starts faltering one day… hopefully if that day comes — one that I don’t look forward to — that it’ll be a very long time from now.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to keep this one separate.

Not too long ago, curiosity got the best of me and I ended up sampling a pair of one of my relatives’ old reading glasses, just to see how they would look. I wasn’t above doing something like this when I was a small child, by the way, where my young eyes would get dizzy and disoriented at the super-zoomed in view, haha. While nothing quite like that happened that time — besides things looking very weird, predictably — I did look in the mirror and thought that I looked rather goofy with them on, not looking nearly as good as I was expecting to and perhaps rather wanting to. That said, the frames were kind of thick; perhaps they just weren’t the right style for me?

…not that I’m actually in the market for glasses or anything (except perhaps sunglasses, although I suspect that glasses shopping and sunglasses shopping are two very different things, haha). Just a weird little experience of mine to share…

i do, yeah. i really can't at all see without them. i have severe astigmatism, which means i'm near-sighted and far-sighted at the same time. so there's only a really specific distance i can see things clearly without them.
i used to wear contacts, but i haven't ever since i ripped my cornea while taking them out!

Fellow life-long glasses wearer here, and fellow anti-contacts fellow. I get into enough scrapes leaving my glasses on precarious shelving or on my bed. The odds of contact lenses leading to issues are too high.

I use a cord to keep my glasses on my head. I have a habit of looking down at the ground and my glasses liked to slide off my head that way. The cord takes the mental load of tracking my glasses' position off my shoulders.

For some reason, people are always really concerned about how dirty I leave my glasses. The grime doesn't really interfere with my vision short of things looking slightly duller. Is it more of a presentation thing, like unkempt hair and collared shirts?

For some reason, people are always really concerned about how dirty I leave my glasses. The grime doesn't really interfere with my vision short of things looking slightly duller. Is it more of a presentation thing, like unkempt hair and collared shirts?
Story of my life, especially childhood. Family would always complain about this, I was not "perfect" enough when presenting outside :(

Story of my life, especially childhood. Family would always complain about this, I was not "perfect" enough when presenting outside :(
You get that too? This always feels unfair, as most of the time I'm not making a first impression. For a job it makes sense to always look good, but I don't see the point in a school setting where you are A) required to be there and B) are evaluated more or less entirely on work and not personality. Or even in a social setting, assuming everyone in attendance already knows who you are.

You get that too? This always feels unfair, as most of the time I'm not making a first impression. For a job it makes sense to always look good, but I don't see the point in a school setting where you are A) required to be there and B) are evaluated more or less entirely on work and not personality. Or even in a social setting, assuming everyone in attendance already knows who you are.
It is for a job... Your parents' job. In local communities, unfortunately, a moral failing on the kid's character can make people boycott the family business. Especially when parents have a private cram school for extra hours, your classmates (or their parents kinda) are their clients, you are essentially PR for them all the time during school hours and gotta act like it.

Pretty much everyone in my family wears glasses or some form of vision correction, yet somehow my brothers and I all have perfect eyesight. Whenever I have trouble getting my eyes to focus, the immediate thought is "oh god my time has come".

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom