• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you wear glasses?

As of quite literally a few days ago, yes! I booked an optician appointment for the first time in four years and turns out I'm much more short-sighted than I thought I was. My glasses are quite cute though, imo, so I'm not too bothered about wearing them.

FTNFLakWIAASe-b

I have worn glasses since i was in pre-school/kindergarden. Ever since then i've had to wear them al the time, unless there was an actual reason to take them off.

Yeah, my eyesight is utter garbage so I have to, and contacts kinda scare me a little. Plus I feel like I look a lot better in glasses anyway? Honestly the only issue I have with them is that I occasionally break my frames if I haven't replaced them in long enough.

I don't. My vision's been a very nice 20/20 for as long as I can remember and I've never been in a scenario where I needed glasses/contacts, not even for a reading aid. I've learned from life that my "normal" should not be taken for granted.

Since the end of 91 or start of 92 (Third Grade), yes, as I am near sighted.

I have since the late 2010s worn the kind of glasses where the eye piece shade up in the sun.

Yes, my left eye has mild astigmatism and the right eye has mild myopia. Took me a while to get used to them, but they helped a lot.

Well, I remember being rather coy about this answer for myself, so I suppose it’s time that I respond here myself! And that answer is…

…no, I don’t wear glasses; haha. I never really needed to, as I’ve been fortunate enough to have had pretty much perfect vision since, well, basically forever. That said, a part of me wonders what life would’ve been in some alternate universe where I did have to wear them, as I feel that people actually tend to look better with glasses than without! (“No, you don’t want to wear them,” every glasses wearer ever is inevitably thinking right now, haha.) Actually, I find it delightfully strange and ironic that something that basically screams “you’re disabled!” has turned into almost like a fashion statement for many people, in a way that hasn’t really been the case — or at least not with such prevalence — for other “disabilities”. (As not being able to see without help is basically that, right? Even if, again, we don’t necessarily see it that way; no pun intended, haha.)

That said, I do wonder if perhaps glasses might be in my future given how much I work around screens, which I doubt are doing my eyesight any favors. I hope not, as I really do value said eyesight and all of the benefits that get from it. But who knows? At the very least, though, I wouldn’t be surprised to find myself with a pair of sunglasses one day, as I want to protect my eyes from that other kind of light that I’m exposed to everyday — the sun — and also because I honestly think they would probably look pretty cool on me, haha.

I've been wearing glasses for pretty much most of my life. I was born with poor eye sight (both of my parents have poor eye sight, too, but I don't see them wearing glasses very often), so I had to get glasses. I've owned several pairs of glasses over the years, but most of them broke.

As of writing this post, I own 2 pairs of glasses: purple glasses (the pair I'm wearing right now) and leopard print glasses. I tend to switch between the 2 glasses every now and then. I'm thinking about getting more glasses in the future so I could have a whole wardrobe of glasses lol.

I honestly don't really mind wearing glasses, tbh. Sure, there's some ups and downs to wearing them, but I'm so used to wearing glasses, that it's hard to imagine my life without them. I could wear contacts if I wanted to, but I'm afraid of contacts because I fear that I might not be able to get them out of my eyes.

Definitely. Last I checked my vision 10-15 or so years ago it was -1.5 in one eye and -2.0 in the other, not sure it's changed much since but things are so blurry without my glasses. I had a phase where I didn't wear them for a few years since I didn't like how they felt on my nose but it caused a lot more headaches because of things being so hard to see. No idea how I did that now.

I do wear glasses but not all the time like I should. I don’t do them alll the time mainly because they’re for far sight.

I should’ve probably chosen different glasses because I have no nose though I think the glasses I have are ok.

I honestly think I look better with glasses than without them. A friend once said that they felt energized when they put on their glasses.

I wasn’t exactly surprised I needed glasses because I had a hard time seeing a board from the back of a room. And unfortunately, I have family that is known for having poor vision. (Not saying my family is bad but it’d be cool if they all had a condition where they could permanently have 20/20 vision)

I have worn glasses dating around the midst of my tenure in middle school, but I had always been aware of my physical myopia in my youth. I just never really fully acknowledged it to my parents until they realized that I had near-sighted blindness. Since then, whenever I'm compelled to exit my haunt, I'd always wear my glasses, both whenever I travel by car or whenever I have to prowl the outside world in my own two feet. Otherwise, I'm debilitated by my inability to see even text barely a feet away beyond the fog of my ocular scope.

I’m on my third pair lol. I got my first pair three Januaries ago, another two Mays ago (and they broke twice thanks to me, and I had to wear my first pair), and a most recent one last month.

I’m rather surprised that most everyone here seems to dislike the idea of contact lenses, haha, or alternatively just prefers glasses to them. Or so it seems, anyway!

Meanwhile, I know that a few of you mentioned sunglasses (and that I did, in my own post); I wonder if some of you have any of those, too? You’re certainly welcome to discuss sunglasses in this thread as well!

Not being able to wear sunglasses is probably one of my least favorite things about having glasses, cause I have to layer them over my glasses and then they don't fit or just look weird. I do have a pair of sunglasses that's designed to fit over glasses, but they look rather clunky and lame in comparison to all the cool sunglass designs I see.

Back
Top Bottom