• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you wish to see the S/V plot from the games adapted to Pokemon Horizons?

So much already going on I doubt itll happen.
They may cover the AI professor area zero stuff (Especially since Terapagos is seemingly connected to it all) but probably not the rest.

So much already going on I doubt itll happen.
They may cover the AI professor area zero stuff (Especially since Terapagos is seemingly connected to it all) but probably not the rest.
I think that we will see Professor Sada/Turo and Area Zero, but that they would abandon the game plot entirely and instead rehash the Ultra Squad plot from the SM anime, but with the Paradox Pokémon instead of the Ultra Beasts.

I'd love to see the anime tackle the Area Zero arc but that's pretty much in. I don't see them covering anything else unless Liko and Roy's current goals get wrapped up early on and they'll need another plot to stretch Horizons out until Gen 9 ends.

I think that we will see Professor Sada/Turo and Area Zero, but that they would abandon the game plot entirely and instead rehash the Ultra Squad plot from the SM anime, but with the Paradox Pokémon instead of the Ultra Beasts.
I don't think having a rehash of the Ultra Squad plot from SM would be a particularly good way to handle the Paradox Pokemon. It sounds pretty boring to me at least.

I would love to see the anime adapt more aspects of Scarlet/Violet. The storyline is really great and has some great character moments throughout all three storylines. I don't know how much they'll be able to adapt when they aren't traveling through Paldea. I have a bit more hope that they'll at least feature all of the Paldea Gym Leaders. Showcasing two Gym Leaders this early on is a promising sign after how Journeys handled the Galar Gym Leaders, but I don't know if I could see Liko or Roy battling all of them. Team Star would also be tricky to adapt, but I'm fairly certain that they'll be featured eventually. Evey team group has appeared in the anime thus far, even the annoying road blocks that is Team Yell, so they'll probably have something for Team Star and/or Penny. I'm somewhat sure that they'll feature Arven, but I'm not sure how many Titan Pokemon they'll feature or include his own storyline.

I'm more confident that they'll do something with Area Zero. They usually adapt the climax from each generation and having a mini arc in Area Zero wouldn't be too difficult, especially when it could be used to tie in with the DLC. My main concern is that jumping straight into Area Zero without any of the building blocks from the other storylines would not be as effective. Arven is extremely important for the emotional beats from seeing Professor Sada/Turo in the games, but getting to bond with both Nemona and Penny is also pretty important. Getting to work together with the friends you made over the course of the game helps to make that storyline so effective. While I sadly wouldn't be shocked if we only get a Area Zero mini arc with the bare minimal setup, it would be a disappointing way to adapt the climax. The anime doesn't have to make the games' storylines beat for beat. They kind of always do their own thing with the games' storylines being a foundation for what the anime does more than anything else, but ever since SM, they seem more interested in just jumping straight into the climax instead of spending a good chuck of the series building up to it and I do think that makes the adaptations from the games less interesting to me.

• Gym Challenge...I don't know, it would be hard to redesign around a world tour, neither the locations or the battles are interesting enough to me and their training sessions have been a decent replacement for now.
  • Team Star: It's impact would be lessened since we know nothing about the school, but it would be interesting to see how the raids would be adapted and how Penny tricks everyone to work for her. The bosses also have cool backstories that would be cool to see animated.
  • Titans: Totem Pokemon were mostly disappointing in SM so it would be cool to see a second try if they get them right, through they have the same problem as the gyms, and I have no idea how they could link it to a box mascot that is not your transport.
  • The way home: Area Zero wouldn't be the same unless they give it a higher budget (not because Area Zero it's highly detailed, but because having many weird Pokemon on its backgrounds is what makes it memorable) but the story certainly gives them a lot to work with, if it hits similar beats it will be an instant sucess as long as they present the characters beforehand. Fingers crossed they give Violet some love.

Yes! I would love to see Arven and Sada animated. I think he could have some interesting interactions with Liko. The DLC plot with the new characters could also help develop Liko since there is a character in it who is a sore loser which would force Liko to stand up for herself. When I was playing through the DLC I couldn't stop thinking about Liko lol. The plot with Heath and Terapagos sounds like it would fit the anime perfectly as well since Liko has one.

There will no doubt be a lot of elements I can see them use as part of the plot in the near future.

This time around though let's hope they don't pull a Galar and just shove the climax of the plot early on with no build-up of any kind.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom