• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Doctor Who Video Game Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Æsahættr

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE
Reaction score
Top Trumps is developing the game, due for release around Christmas.

Full Story.

I'm not very excited about this. They've had 43 years to do this and they're developing it in a year? Doesn't sound promising. Rumours abound that it may just be a video game adaptation of the Doctor Who Top Trumps game, but that doesn't seem likely as they've not done it with any other franchise. I am however very worried about how this is going to turn out.

I'll be getting it regardless though, ;P

If it's not a point and click adventure game, I'm going to stab someone.

Lol, I'll definately be getting it. If it is an FPS instead of an RPG/Adventure, HEADS WILL ROLL.

If it's not a point and click adventure game, I'm going to stab someone.

I agree. I would so love it to be in the same vein as "Sam & Max: Hit the Road." Albeit slighty less comically obscure.

What's with Doctor Who suddenly becoming the big marketable property? A new comic book, a video game, the current series (though that's not new, or really random), and I'm sure a few other things I'm unaware of. Guess his day had to come eventually.

Of course it did. I feel that with 43 years of DW, they could've have started a mite earlier.

OMF(NE)G...

*reads the article.*

(deleted expletive) It is just a top trumps game...since it is being made by top trumps.

I don't think that Top Trumps is dumb enough to do that. The card game isn't enough to warrant a video game, and they haven't made game of any of ther other franchises that they do. It would sell horribly, and hopefully they know that.

Yeah -.- I saw that last night, and I nearly cried. Same consoles and everything.That's so crap. And now we have a conundrum. If it sells really horribly, developers are gonna think twice before trying to make another (decent) one. And if it sells really well, we'll probably get a sequel, equally as rubbish.

Probably the reason they haven't done a good one yet, is that the common view of DW is that it doesn't have a large fanbase outside the UK.

Um...that's...not real.
Chris Eccleston wouldn't be in a game released for the NES considering he became the Doctor in 2005. That and the webpage title says "Doctor Who on the NES would be badass."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom