• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anybody remember an old fan animation with a Drowzee and a Hypno that were parodies of Pinky and the Brain?

Adelon

Swampert's Ghost
Reaction score
I believe they were comedic villains, and the animation (it might actually have been a series of GIFs?) was on a website with a blueish coloration.
The story I think revolved around a boy that was sort of following in Ash's footsteps, possibly? I think he had a female companion, and there was definitely a baby Omanyte.
I distinctly recall at least one fakemon, an orange or red coloured ant-like creature that may have been a biped, unlike Durant which didn't exist at the time.
The boy probably looked a bit like Nobita from Doraemon. He may have had a Squirtle, and possibly his own Pikachu?
I don't remember what the girl looked like.
I know for sure Mewtwo was involved and I distinctly remember a GIF of him flying over some water and then stopping in mid-air and looking around as if confused or feeling hesitant about something. I also remember the boy hanging from Mewtwo's feet during one of those flights which even back then I thought looked uncomfortable.
Ash, himself made a cameo with a Totodile. His appearance seemed like a sequel hook (I can't remember him having dialogue, I just remember him possibly grinning at the reader or something similar while Totodile was jumping in the air), and I don't recall an actual sequel.
The name of the site was something along the lines of "The Pokemothim page" or "The Pokemon Page". I was a small child who had just learned to read when I found the site at some point in the 2000s so I may have actually misread some variation of the latter as the former which would probably explain why I struggled to find evidence of the site's existence.
I don't think this fan animation exists anymore but to rediscover it after all these years would mean so much to me.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom