• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anybody use (a) durant(s)?

GoldeenTail

wats a user title
Reaction score
Just doing this out curiosity. I have yet to see anybody in the fandom to use one in their main and/or alt teams, or in any way besides battling.

I personally don't like it at all, mostly because of the design. I do like the idea of a bug/steel dual type, just something more appealing than durant.

I used a Durant in my Pokémon VGC11 team. With its Hustle ability it is fairly strong, but not very accurate (In Pokémon, having a 20% chance of missing seems to mean a 20% of hitting xD). It's definitely frail though.

I think it has a great design and idea, I just already have a set team by the time I get to Victory Road. I picked up a Rufflet right before then, but I didn't want to train up another new team member. Heatmor got the same treatment, unfortunately.

I actually love using it in-game. It has high Speed, Attack & Defense, a decent movepool and a good design. Durant used to be my highest-leveled Pokemon on the team.

I have yet to use Durant, but its stats, ability, and movepool make me interested.

I used a Durant in my Pokémon VGC11 team. With its Hustle ability it is fairly strong, but not very accurate (In Pokémon, having a 20% chance of missing seems to mean a 20% of hitting xD). It's definitely frail though.

One or two Honed Claws would fix that problem.

I caught an adamant one that I plan on using.

But like Joshawott said, it's stupidly frail, so it wouldn't have time to set up really.
Indeed. Its Defence stat is really good, but it's let down its diabolical HP and special defence.

I don't see Durant's Special Defence a big problem. It's only weak to Fire, it outspeeds many of the Fire-types and defeats them with Stone Edge/Dig. It's resistant to 9 types out of which 5 commonly use Special Attacks.

I caught a durant while I was in victory road and thinking of training it post game and also use it in battle subway. I love its speed and attack. It looks like a great physical sweeper. It does need hone claws though.

I really don't care fer Durant. I really don't think it's that good of a Pokemon. Plus, I don't like bugs.

D:
I feel sad... 'cause Durant is a main Pokemon of mine on two teams I've used: my VGC 2011 team and my Sandstorm team; but others don't see its potential. Even though it is extremely frail, if you can get up a Hone Claws (and I am able to 90% of the time), it absolutely WRECKS in Doubles and Triples, even without the proper support. My most successful set is:

DURANT
Ability: Hustle
EVS: 252 Attk/4 Def/252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Hone Claws, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Iron Head

This set takes many people I have faced on Wi-fi off-guard, and I owe tons of my victories to that little ant.

D:
I feel sad... 'cause Durant is a main Pokemon of mine on two teams I've used: my VGC 2011 team and my Sandstorm team; but others don't see its potential. Even though it is extremely frail, if you can get up a Hone Claws (and I am able to 90% of the time), it absolutely WRECKS in Doubles and Triples, even without the proper support. My most successful set is:

DURANT
Ability: Hustle
EVS: 252 Attk/4 Def/252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Hone Claws, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Iron Head

This set takes many people I have faced on Wi-fi off-guard, and I owe tons of my victories to that little ant.

Thats the set I use for it, but switch between Rock slide, stone edge , and dig. I totally whipped this guys but I faced on wi-fi, with a infernape, latios, and Rhyperior once with dig. I could barely touch it, he kept switching his own pokes' out because I was setting up dig. I think he's a good pokemon.

I am currently EV training one. I like its design and its movepool. Of course its frailty is a turn-off for some but it comes with the typing and stats.

I do, and honestly, it depends on how you use it. Do like it, although I can't say it can endure much...but its movepool and design catch my interest. Unlike some, I adore its design.

Well its a pretty good sweeper actually. Walled by steel types though. I wish he had earthquake. He is a suspect in RU, btw.

The problem with Durant is that it come too late in the game to pick up, if it came earlier I may have tried one and it does have that nice bug/steel typing

This pokemon swept most of E4 on both first and second runs for me in-game (with no overleveling). I'm not much of metagame lover, however I believe that it has the potential for running as physical sweeper in UU.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom