• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone else....

Do you name your Pokemon all in CAPS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JasonTongRulz

The Master of Aura
Reaction score
Get infuriated when they see a Pokemon's name in all caps, Eg. BULBASAUR and as a result, compulsively nickname all their Pokemon "Bulbasaur", refuses to trade anyone who has a BULBASAUR not a Bulbasaur and well.. yeah.

Cause I do that and I hate myself for doing it.

Sorry for the randomness, I'm just super bored and want to see what everyone else thinks..

It annoys my OCD with Pokemon names, lol.

I normally name my pokemon with all lowercase letters for some reason, but most of the time they have some symbol in the names.

(examples; mus!c or or@nge.)

I LEIK TEH CAP LOCKS ON TEH POKEMANZ NAMES.

well i do as im to lazy to nick name most of them

I like the default name written in CAPS better. I don't really like nicknamed pokemon for some reason.

^Win

I used to in Emerald and Ruby, as well as a couple in LG, but in Gen. IV I haven't.

I put them all in caps because I can't be assed to look through the gay lowercase letters, let alone exotic symbols.

However, I believe I named a Graveler that I caught as a fresh Geodude something with the female sign at the end, as well as a Bellsprout. But those are small exceptions since you normally wouldn't associate a bulk of rock with femininity, or Bellsprout as a male since Erika uses its evolutionary line.

I don't mind the all-caps of the Pokemon name. However, if I'm nicknaming it, I use a capital for the first letter (as one should) and then the rest lowercase.

I usually dont nickname my pokemon, but when I do, I name it like how MahouTsuki mentioned above.

I like the default name written in CAPS better. I don't really like nicknamed pokemon for some reason.

I'm the same. Their species names are their names to me and I really hate nicknames on Pokemon. I know not nicknaming them is the equivalent of calling your pets "DOG" or "CAT" or "CREEPY ASS SPIDER WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A FREAKING SPIDER AS A PET"...:flinch:

But, yeah.

I'm the opposite for naming yourself though - it has to be capital first letter only and lowercase for the rest! Picky picky.

I name my Pokémon in standard English.

I remember when they used to put trainer names in all caps. Seriously, who spells every single word LIKE THIS? I hope they stop the all caps thing

I'm the same. Their species names are their names to me and I really hate nicknames on Pokemon. I know not nicknaming them is the equivalent of calling your pets "DOG" or "CAT" or "CREEPY ASS SPIDER WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A FREAKING SPIDER AS A PET"...:flinch:

But, yeah.

I'm the opposite for naming yourself though - it has to be capital first letter only and lowercase for the rest! Picky picky.

This is exactly the same as me. I never nickname my Pokemon and always name myself with a capital letter first and all lowercase letters after. I even go to the extent that I won't do in-game trades because the Pokemon you recieve have nicknames. lol

didn't annoy me as a kid, but ever since i started getting better grades in english, it's sort of annoying. although, i can still trade and stufff. when i nickname, i do it also.

Usually I just leave 'em as is, because I'm not creative and if I name one I need to name them all. The only time I did do it was in my recent run of HeartGold. And kinda contradicting myself, in my Diamond I have a few that I nickname but I don't name the majority.

And yes, all caps ftw.

Haha, to be hoenst, I love nicknaming
And I'm compulsive of doing it like you're supposed to write, with Capital then lowercase

The OBNOXIOUS and rather RANDOM caps in POKÉMON have always annoyed ME. They luckily did it A lot less in GENERATION IV, but the POKÉMON names still annoy me. So YEAH, I usually NICKNAME them to uncap them.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom