• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone else....

Do you name your Pokemon all in CAPS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I keep them as "ALL CAPS" until I think of suitable names for my main team.

And for shits and giggles, I also named my HM Slaves. Slave #1, #2, and so on.

In Mystery Dungeon several characters talk in all caps, such as MAGNEMITE and DIALGA... so whoever indulges that particular idiosyncrasy, I give an ALL CAPS name to.

--"What Is" Jack

I hate it. If I don't want to nickname my Pokémon, I atleast put their species name in lowercase letters after a capital letter. It just seems odd to scream, "Go! BULBASAUR!"

Never bothered me at all.

In the first three generations, I used ALL CAPS for trainer names and nicknames. I still do in replays of the GBA games. But in DP where in-game trades use and items aren't in all caps, I also stopped.

I sometimes do wish they'd lowercase the Pokémon's real names.

I can only really be bothered nickname the ones I plan to use, and even then the all-caps of other Pokemon does irritate me - I really wish other trainers would nickname theirs too, because otherwise I end up wanting to leave mine with their all-caps species names... Which just feels terribly impersonal. "OTL

I just leave it if I don't plan to use the poke any time soon, but if I decide to use it I always give it a nickname without caps.

I just leave it at whatever I catch it at, I can't be bothered to name it myself. If I do name it, it is in the right case, but otherwise, nah.

I would love this pratice more if didn't lead to names like "SLOWPOKE Well" and "DIGLETT's CAVE". I glad Gen IV used more standard English, at any rate. And no, I do not name my 'mons like this.

I don't mind all caps names. What I don't like is nicknames, as most of them are just facepalm worthy (the ones I saw).

It always bugged me, too. D8 And as for trades, I only accept trades with non-immature nicknames. I can't stand the boring-ness of not nicknaming your mons. They're your friends, at least let them stand out from everyone else.

I usually don't care. Back then, they couldn't use a different color for the text like some games do for the words you actually care about, so this was a decent idea. Now it is kind of redundant, but they reduced the usage a lot. I generally name myself in regular caps, and in my Pikachu only run of yellow I named him in regular caps. Rivals and other Pokemon are fine in caps.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom