• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone have that new "Movies 4-7" Blu-ray?

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
I'm wondering how the transfer for Pokémon 4Ever is, seeing as HD broadcasts and Region 2 Blu-ray discs have looked absolutely awful.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go for this disc, I might wait to see if Echo Bridge releases one with just the fourth and sixth movies, since I already have last year's Blu-ray release and Echo Bridge seems obsessed with releasing every possible DVD combination they can come up with.

My copy finally arrived in the post today and the first thing I noticed was the world's most uninspiring disc design...
vfj7f.jpg

Not only do we still not get surround sound for all the movies but the audio goes from being 2.0ch 1.5Mbps DTS on the double disc to being 2.0ch 192kbps AC3 for Heroes/Deoxys and 5.1ch 448kbps AC3 for 4Ever/Jirachi on the four pack.

On the other hand, the total filesize is higher for both (on a dual layer disc), so the video bitrate should be higher - but I didn't see a noticeable difference between the two discs for video quality. Heroes is still washed in blue, so it's the same as all the other Blu-Ray releases. Destiny Deoxys also looks the same.

4Ever is the same horrible quality print that was on the UK/German Blu-Ray - a few screenshots here Postimage.org / gallery - vlcsnap 2012 05 07 21h14m17s124, vlcsnap 2012 05 07 21h11m14s132

But finally the Jirachi movie does look quite good, amusingly the scenes flashing back to the previous movies look far better than they do on their full movie editions - not sure if that's because they reanimated those bits, or if it is simply that whoever did the HD transfer of the other movies did a terrible job, but the whole movie is far higher quality than the others on the disc. Screenshots: Postimage.org / gallery - vlcsnap 2012 05 07 20h56m23s150, vlcsnap 2012 05 07 20h56m51s173

Overall though, if you already own the two pack, there's a step backwards on audio and a bad transfer of 4Ever awaiting, so I can only suggest treating this as a standalone release of Jirachi Wish Maker on Blu-Ray - as on the basis of the rest of the disc it certainly isn't worth it.

I'd say it depends on what kind of deal you can get on it (I've seen some wide variations on price). While not a great transfer, 4Ever does look better than the DVD version (by virtue of the higher Blu-Ray data rate and resolution). It's still pretty much the best way to enjoy these movies.

Thanks guys. I've decided I'll just wait for that inevitable Celebi/Jirachi double pack after all.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom