• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone here actually play the TCG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Politoed666

#winning
Reaction score
Alright. I've been thinking about trying to make the TCG section of the forums a little more friendly and active, but since Bulbagarden is a more anime/games oriented site, that's going to be hard to do. Most of the top admins on the forums don't play, and neither do most of the users. In fact, I think I might be the only one on here except for Badhelo who plays competitively. However, I need to confirm that. So, even if you haven't been reading the rest of this, does anyone here play the TCG competitively?

I do occasionally.

But the store my league is at won't let you do league activities anymore unless you buy a booster pack, so I've been kind of inactive lately till I have some money.

I do occasionally.

But the store my league is at won't let you do league activities anymore unless you buy a booster pack, so I've been kind of inactive lately till I have some money.

I actually think that's against the rules. So it's basically charging you for participating in League?

I dunno. He charges for Thursday night tournaments, too ($2). Could he get in trouble with PUSA if I report this? (The guy who runs the league told me they had to do it or they'd lose the room to a bunch of D&D players who were offering more money. He said there was nothing he could do about it.)

I recently revisited the store to see what things were like there and the new owner came off to me as really untrustworthy and sleazy. I certainly hope he doesn't run the game store into the ground in the name of more money... I have a lot of great memories there.

Its an expensive hobby for me to get into considering Canada gets no TCG events.

I'm sure Canada gets events. Hell, even Australia gets TCG events. They're rarely publicized well however. Check the official site and do a search. We're in the tournament off-season right now, but city championships should start early next year.

I haven't played competitvely for a while now. Simply don't have the time or the spare cash. In the past however, I was a very active player, winning cities and states in Australia, and creating the "Mercury" (Gardevoir DS / Starmie DS) archetype which gained a small measure of recognition for a time.

I haven't been competitive since 4 years after the base set came out. I had been wanting to get back into it, buying random boosters from the new sets every once in awhile, but it looks like so much has changed, its a bit overwhelming and it has sorta turned me away.

I go to a league every now and then and participate in quite a lot of events. I'm still adjusting to the current metagame because Kingdra, AMU, and Dusknoir are annoying. :s The league I go to doesn't seem like it supports actual league qualities, but the tournaments are okay: Everybody dips in $5. 1st Place gets $50, 2nd gets $20, down the drain we go.

i play the tcg when i can, against my friends and i have a deck and everything, but my nearest leugue is more than 40 miles away so i cannot participate in proper tournaments

I still have all my cards from when I was really into the card game, over eight years ago... But recently I have gotten back into the cards, buying boosters of the Diamond/Pearl releases.

I've never played competitively but I would sure love to try! I have a few decks that I play with my siblings a lot, and am currently trying to get my college friends to buy decks ^_^

It's not that i play it in tournaments, but i still have my deck.
I didn't knew BLASTOISE!!!!1 was that Rare after i saw the video of the kid who got crazy because he got the blastoise card. I got it in the first pack i bought.

I plan on making a Pikachu deck once Bonds to the End of Time becomes released as an English set. It'll be devastatingly Pika-riffic!

Merry Christmas to you all! =D

I plan on making a Pikachu deck once Bonds to the End of Time becomes released as an English set. It'll be devastatingly Pika-riffic!

Merry Christmas to you all! =D

Oh fail. I'm playing Dusknoir/Bronzong (Duskzong?) at the moment, and I plan to stick with it through cities. Once BTTEOT comes out, I really don't know...

I play the TCG. I have an all Lucario/Hariyama deck and it's actually really good, considering they both have only one evolution and they both have about 100 hit points. I've beaten my friend a few times with it and he has a dark deck, with Poke`mon that are usually resistant to fighting types.
Not that I'm bragging! I'd probably loose against a pro TCG player in an instant, haha.

I'm trying to find a good counter to all those Fighting and Dark types in the current metagame. Fighting, Dark, and Psychic dominate the scene as of now.

I have bought a couple of boosters.

Also, I have been looking for a league but kind find one to compete in and all of the tournaments are atleast two hors away from me.

I live around southern Ohio. Almost all the leagues are in northern Ohio past Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom