• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone know a way to view a subbed version of Pocket Monsters Crystal Raikou: The Legend of Thunder?

Eggseggseggseggs

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
I can't find anything online that implies there is anything in english besides the apparently botched dub.

All I know to tell you is to look high and low on the Internet.
Or buy a DVD from Japan.

Though that makes me really curious...just what IS the current home media situation for the Legend of Thunder and other Ash free specials???
One thing I've been especially concerned about is the Strongest Mega Evolution. They directly effect the plot of XY later on, but it looks they're not available by themselves or included in season sets (physical or streaming)...<_<

Last edited:
There are no official, TPCi-supported subs of the original Japanese dub of the Pokémon anime.

Oh I see. That really sucks for situations like this then. I've heard the dub of Legend of Thunder is pretty notoriously bad.

Though that makes me really curious...just what IS the current home media situation for the Legend of Thunder and other Ash free specials???
One thing I've been especially concerned about lately is the Strongest Mega Evolution. They directly effect the plot of XY later on, but it looks they're not available by themselves or included in season sets (physical or streaming)...<_<

This is exactly the problem I ran into but for LoT in particular. The Japanese LoT doesn't even seem to be uploaded anywere going by the results I got when I searched, so it's probably lacking even fansubs.

Yeah. ShoPro or OLM or whoever's in charge is notorious for yanking videos off the Internet because they ONLY want people to watch official home media or streaming videos. Thing is, that often excludes the Japanese version.
It's even more annoying because this allows--heck, forces--Ash free material to slip between the cracks and be forgotten or unknown :cry:

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom