• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Does anyone know a way to view a subbed version of Pocket Monsters Crystal Raikou: The Legend of Thunder?

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
I can't find anything online that implies there is anything in english besides the apparently botched dub.

Majestic
Reaction score
There are no official, TPCi-supported subs of the original Japanese dub of the Pokémon anime. The only subs available are fansubs and sharing those is not allowed on here (per the rules).

Reaction score
All I know to tell you is to look high and low on the Internet.
Or buy a DVD from Japan.

Though that makes me really curious...just what IS the current home media situation for the Legend of Thunder and other Ash free specials???
One thing I've been especially concerned about is the Strongest Mega Evolution. They directly effect the plot of XY later on, but it looks they're not available by themselves or included in season sets (physical or streaming)...<_<

Last edited:
Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
There are no official, TPCi-supported subs of the original Japanese dub of the Pokémon anime.
Oh I see. That really sucks for situations like this then. I've heard the dub of Legend of Thunder is pretty notoriously bad.

Though that makes me really curious...just what IS the current home media situation for the Legend of Thunder and other Ash free specials???
One thing I've been especially concerned about lately is the Strongest Mega Evolution. They directly effect the plot of XY later on, but it looks they're not available by themselves or included in season sets (physical or streaming)...<_<
This is exactly the problem I ran into but for LoT in particular. The Japanese LoT doesn't even seem to be uploaded anywere going by the results I got when I searched, so it's probably lacking even fansubs.

Majestic
Reaction score
Oh I see. That really sucks for situations like this then. I've heard the dub of Legend of Thunder is pretty notoriously bad.
It is what it is. I'm sure a fansub does exist out there, but as SammyW27 said, the best thing is just to do an extensive search.

Reaction score
Yeah. ShoPro or OLM or whoever's in charge is notorious for yanking videos off the Internet because they ONLY want people to watch official home media or streaming videos. Thing is, that often excludes the Japanese version.
It's even more annoying because this allows--heck, forces--Ash free material to slip between the cracks and be forgotten or unknown :cry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is a sub, I've seen it. Just gotta search like others said.