• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone know which Pokemon dislike being bathed?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
as we know, picnics let us bathe our pokemon. this helps increase their friendship and gives them exp, but it has been said that there are some mon that do not like being bathed? i remember when i tried it on moltres and heatran they looked somewhat angry and got this little squiggly above their head that seemed to indicate they disliked it, but i was curious as to whether anyone here had a full list of pokemon that do not like baths so i know in advance which ones to avoid giving them to. i have tried googling it and whatnot, but i've come up fruitless.
thank you!

That’s probably because they’re Fire-types.

As for me, I’m not sure… I don’t remember the last time I bathed my Pokémon, I plan to do it again (this time today) and see which ones don’t like it.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an entire list either. It looks like that Pokémon that don’t like baths aren’t necessarily limited to those three types. Muk and Koffing do not like to get washed. (Which does make sense as they’re pollution Pokémon) Tinkaton, Bisharp, and Maushold also seem to get grumpy when you wash certain parts. (Such as Tinkaton’s hammer)

Something like this actually happens in USUM where some Pokémon are not too happy when you pet them. When petting Mareep on its fur, it sort of attacks you.

• Staff
yeah, and not even all fire-types dislike baths. my skeledirge and flareon seemed to like them. meanwhile, i tried giving one to my ribombee, but it hated it as well.
and i want to second jy's statement about the "certain parts" things, the quaxly line dislikes it when you wash their hair.

It's really important to make sure you know what your Pokemon like and dislike! Bonding with them well can aid in battle!
Hey Nemona, I have a Floragato, a Talonflame, Azumarill, a Jumpluff, a Masquerain, and Ampharos (and Koraidon, but that’s not on my team). Which ones don’t like being bathed?

(I’m pretty sure Masquerain can, given its Flying type lol)
Huh… No wonder my Floragato was hesitant in getting bathed. Thanks!
Still kind-of funny that Masquerin doesn't like getting wet since it evolves from a part Water-type Surskit. Also, I think Masquerin flies with its small tendrils on the bottom of it body.

Back
Top Bottom