• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone like Meganium?

Dark Heart

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone likes the physical appearance of Meganium?

If you do like it why?

If you don't like it why?

Last edited:
Meganium is my favourite of the fully evolved starters. I've never understood the hate for her.

Meganium is my least favorite out of the grass starters. In terms of design, I find the flower too overly present. I prefer the design of Bayleef actually.

On top of that, Meganium's movepool lacks against the others (based on what I like personally)

I like Meganium very much and it used to be one of my favourite pokémon but now I'm sort of losing my passion for it.
It doesn't have a particularly good movepool but it does look pleasant. Still, I don't hate it.

It´s second of the grass starters for me
But since grass is my least favorite type I don't like it that much :p

Yes I love it! I really like grass types and like the flowery appearance. I always thought if they really existed I'd like one to ride to work on. That sounds a bit weird but I do like it. :loopy: It would be more comfortable to ride than Torterra though! :)
I love the shiny colour in the games, I think it's like an Autumn version.

Meganium isn't one of my favourites, but he/she isn't one of my least favourites either. I can definitely see potential in him/her, since he/she has the great defences and the ability to learn the screens to enhance the defences. If there's one thing for certain, that is Meganium must be given more useful moves to help him/her become useful, like a both-defences-increasing move and Baton Pass (preferably both moves can be legitimate simultaneously).

I.LOVE.MEGANIUM
I really don't know why she has so much hate. Chikorita and all her evos are so cute. And Ash's bayleef is sooo cute in the anime. So I'm sure it will also be cute when it becomes a Meganium.(if it does)

I love Meganium

When I was 5 years old, having first got Gold, I thought Chikorita was adorable, and I picked it, because that's all that mattered back then.

Even though now days, I think Typhlosion is the best Johto starter, I picked Meganium again, for old times sake. And I have to say, I love it, I don't understand why it gets so much hate, and that's even after I take off my Nostalgia goggles.

I like Meganium's design. I think it's fairly creative how it's actually based just as much on a dinosaur as a flower, instead of just a flower stuck on a toadasaurus thing like Venusaur.

I love Chikorita.
I love Bayleef.
... What happened to Bayleef?

I don't really dislike it... but it's like it goes Cute -> Cool (and still cute) -> HELLO I AM BFF WITH DRAGONITE

I guess it follows Summer -> Autumn/Winter -> Spring... But I still like its pre-evolved forms better.
Then again, that happens with most starters.

I like Meganium. c:

It's my favorite out of the Johto starters.
I picked Chikorita in SS, but it's just that Grass types are generally weak and Meganium's just not very useful. :/

But still it's a freakin' DINOSAUR, and that's awesome.

I'm not too fond of Meganium, but it's not my least favorite starter. I just don't like the designs for the whole line, though, and I find Feraligatr to be much cuter. /freak

I like it! She's one of the few starters that stay cute after they evolve! And she's useful in Kanto too since she's got high defense and special defense, Typlosion and Feraliagtr just defend her so she wont get hurt, in my mind :)

I agree that Bayleef actually looks better than Meganium, but I think Meganium is a HUGE step upwards from the horrendously ugly Venusaur (I mean... were the warts really necessary on Venusaur?). Meganium is a lot more streamlined and natural IMO.

I really liked Totodile, but Croconaw and Feraligatr (especially Croconaw) are kinda ugly. The Cyndaquil line is definitely my favorite.

Although I find less faults with the Gen II starter lines than Gen I, II was still MUCH better than III. I liked Treecko, Sceptile, and (maybe) Blaziken, but every other member of each line bothered me. I was not so keen on the Gen IV starters either, but they've grown on me. Torterra's a boss.

My fully evolved starter ladder of likes/dislikes:

Typhlosion>Charizard>Blastoise>Torterra>Meganium>Empoleon>
Sceptile>Feraligatr>Blaziken>Infernape>Venusaur>Swampert

Last edited:
I'm another that prefers the look of Bayleef to Meganium (maybe influenced by the anime, because I also flat-out refuse to have anything but a female specimen of this species), but I don't have any particular problem with Meganium, either.

There are certainly stranger-looking Pokémon.

^Envoy is not going to be pleased when he sees the first para of your post. :)

haha, I'm sorry but I just don't like Venusaur. Maybe it's because Bulbasaur was awesome, and Ivysaur was even cooler, and then Venusaur seemed lame to me. Maybe it's b/c of the terrible Red/Blue sprites (which made a lot of pokemon look very weird and different from the Sugimori art). Maybe it's b/c I didn't like Saur in the Pokemon Adventures manga (Poliwhirl is my favorite pokemon, and Saur just distracted me from seeing Poli). Maybe its because it just pissed me off that Venusaur is 6'7", while Charizard and Blastoise are only 5'7" and 5'3"...like really??? Venusaur's gotta be hella bulky to be a full foot taller than a fire dragon.

But yeah... I may or may not have something against Venusaur ;)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom