• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does anyone think ash wins too much

thepokemonchamp

Reaction score
Cause his pokeon win ridiculous battels like sometimes he beats pokemon which are super effective against his and his pikachu is overrated like a pikachu cant beat that much pokemon i bet he uses action replay.

I can't see the hero of the story losing a lot. Otherwise the story wouldn't work.

I remember losing 10 bucks in a bet when I bet my friend he'd beat the hoenn league. He loses enough.

...this really is "Rehash the oldest dumbest and wankiest threads people can think of" month, isn't it?

Ash has a pretty good win-lose ratio. And if you still watch the anime, you'd realise Pikachu is far from godly and most of the wins are legit, even if they don't follow game mechanics.

He has his wins, and he has his losses. Remember Sinnoh? He lost like half the time. Torterra is a big example of him losing a lot, it lost almost every battle it has been in since evolving from Turtwig. And I don't have to remind you of Paul: Ash only beat him twice, lost most of the time, and tied with him once. Ash wins and loses, it's part of the show. His winning numbers are higher than his losing numbers, but he still has had a fair amount of getting his can kicked. Ash is the hero, but even a hero has to suffer a loss every now and then. That way, they can rethink their strategies, develop their character, and become more resourceful.

An example from another anime is Zoids Chaotic Century's Van Flyheight. He lost to his rival Raven a number of times, even coming close to dying, but he learned from them, and managed to best him at more critical times, thus learning and making up for those losses. In short, Ash wins a lot, yes, but he also has had a fair number of KO moments as well. If you don't believe me, re-watch the Sinnoh saga. You'll see.

What do you mean he wins too much? Ash has shown to have almost an equal proportion of wins and losses. This was especially the case in Diamond and Pearl, where Ash lost several times to his main rival (Paul), he lost in a couple of gym matches and Elite Four battles, and even in competitions (namely the Wallace Cup).

I don't think Ash wins too much, not at all.

People complain if Ash wins too much but they also complain when Ash loses as well.

The writers can't win can they?

Is this why we still haven't seen Ash win a regional league from the games yet?

13 goddamn years and Ash can only get up to Top 4 at best. Granted his loss in the Sinnoh league was due to the cheapness of legends.

Ash's win-lose ratio is pretty decent. No, he does not win too much. If he loses too much, the story wouldn't work if this happens. I mean he's lost enough battles already. Has he won a league? No! The best he got was top 4, how can that be winning too much?

What about Sinnoh? He practically lost half of the battles. That can not be winning too much.

~MM

That argument could be made pre Sinnoh but Ash had his share of losses in Sinnoh (not just leagues but other battles as well)

But he does need to win frequently since he's the main character

...this really is "Rehash the oldest dumbest and wankiest threads people can think of" month, isn't it?

Along with non-sensical statements like 'Sinnoh has more fillers than Johto.':p

But yeah, he loses enough. If he lost more, poeple would be complaining he doesn't win enough times. The Sinnoh League is a perfect example where there were so many people who wanted him to win this time.

I think Ash's Battle Record is fair.

It keeps him balanced by not portraying him as super powerful or weak.

I think Ash's Battle Record is fair.

It keeps him balanced by not portraying him as super powerful or weak.

This pretty much. We can't have the star of our show lose everything, and at the same time, can't win everything. He wins a lot of small battles, but never the league though.

Along with non-sensical statements like 'Sinnoh has more fillers than Johto.':p

Perhaps there's something about October and being in a new series. Hm.:-/

Anyway, agreed with pretty much what everyone's been saying. Ash does not win all the time and often struggles to get his wins. So what if he wins against gym leaders? He has to, otherwise how is he going to get to the league?

He wins plain old battles quite often, but he NEVER wins main leagues (as in indigo, johto, hoenn and sinnoh) that's something that really annoys me, he always screws up where it matters. i'm not gonna lie, ash is a pretty averasge trainer. he's not a bad trainer, but he's far from a proficient battler.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom