• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does Ash having NO Water Pokémon and multiple empty slots hint an Ash-Greninja return for the league

Does Ash having NO Water Pokémon and multiple empty slots hint an Ash-Greninja return for the league

• Not gonna happen

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Could happen

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Greninja will replace Pikachu as Ash's main pokemon

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
This is a speculation I seen on Serebii forums. What do you think about it?

The rampant speculation of (Mega) Sceptile or Charizard returning didn’t lead to anything, and Ash ended up just fine without a grass type.
The same is likely to happen for Alola, and Greninja will not return imo.

Kanto Pokemon on the other hand, have astronomical odds of returning, and Squirtle could function as the water type in that case.

The Sun/Moon series is likely to pick Squirtle over Greninja-
1. LGPE promotion.
2. Comedic value

It could happen. I doubt it as most of Satoshi's Pokemon that are left to protect something, ie Pidgeot, are never seen again.

However because Ash's Greninja is included in the Sun and Moon games, that is a possibility.

The Pokemon anime tends to focus on what game its focused on promoting though and with gen 8 around the corner, you never know.

While I don't think it's extremely likely, I don't think it's impossible for Greninja to return either. I think that there's at least a slight possibility. Greninja is still one of the most popular sixth generation Pokemon, Ash-Greninja is included in Sun/Moon and it would give Ash's Alola team a much needed boost for the Alola League. There is a better chance of bringing back some of Ash's Kanto Pokemon for easy Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promotion, but the promotion for the past couple of remakes have been pretty light all things considered, so I'm not entirely sure if they'll go in that direction either. I don't even know if they'll give Ash a full team for the Alola League at this point.

I wouldn't rule out Greninja returning completely given its popularity, but I also wouldn't place any bets on it happening for sure either.

A hundred episodes in, and this still gets brought up all the time. I mean, people were speculating a return for Gekkouga when they saw Satoshi handing in five balls to Okido...

Seriously, not gonna happen. Gekkouga's story is DONE. As much as the league loss sucked, Gekkouga got a decent write out. I mean, protecting Kalos is pretty much what it was born to do, not just hang around an old man's ranch for eternity like Satoshi's other Pokemon. Why do people want to ruin a perfectly good ending story just to drag it back so it can likely lose again?

Seriously, not gonna happen. Gekkouga's story is DONE. As much as the league loss sucked, Gekkouga got a decent write out. I mean, protecting Kalos is pretty much what it was born to do, not just hang around an old man's ranch for eternity like Satoshi's other Pokemon. Why do people want to ruin a perfectly good ending story just to drag it back so it can likely lose again?
Let’s not forget there is a battle hardened Charizard hanging around Kiawe...

It doesn't seem extremely likely right now, but at this point, Ash probably will have to call in a couple of his old Pokemon since he only has 4 after 100 episodes...Finding Greninja won't be as easy, considering the poor decision the writers made in releasing him into the wild to solve a problem Zygarde ALREADY solved. Its not like he can just call Professor Sycamore and ask for Greninja. He didn't leave him at his lab, nor in the care of someone like Liza.

The Alola team already hardly gets any battles, bringing back the super mega spotlight stealer would make them by far the most marginalized group in history. I think a less over powered battler would be a better fit for this particular series (such as Squirtle as said before), and although I don't see Greninja ever returning, I think if it did it would have to be for something like battle frontier where it doesn't steal the league thunder from the local team for that region.

I don't think it's impossible, but I really hope it doesn't. Let that deus ex machina that fails at the climax of the league die in the woods it was abandoned.

I think it has the same chances as Serena to return, even less maybe. Since it's way late into SM I don't believe it's appearing. Could happen, not likely.

What, more Greninja hype? Is it 2016?

tenor.gif

He didn't have a Grass type in XY. Was that a hint towards Sceptile returning? No?

Then there's your answer.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom