• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does Gender matter to you?

Which gender do you prefer?

• Male

Votes: 72 19.7%
  • Female

Votes: 46 12.6%
  • Mix

Votes: 247 67.7%

• Total voters
I know I shouldn't care, but it's one of those things I'm OCD about.

When I got Crystal and found out that I could play as a female character, I became empowered with feminism and caught only female Pokemon (for the most part- the exceptions were all-male Pokemon and Pokemon that were difficult to obtain as females, i.e. Eevee and the Eeveelutions). Now, gender isn't really a big deal to me, but I still end up catching more female Pokemon than male out of habit.

i like catching females, just because i allways wind up with more males for no real reason.

To not be sexist, I have three males and three females. Unless one is genderless, in which case I choose whatever.

EDIT: Ahahah, female Machamp. Ahahah, male Mismagius XD

I don't care, but if there's a pokemon being seen as "feminine" or "masculine", I preffer the opposite.
The exception is that I preffer having female violent insects like Scyther and Ariados becouse of their tendency of having the male eaten or just being bigger.

A male with Cute Charm against whoever uses females to "avoid it" is pretty funny. Specially if the person disconnects.

Last edited:
The only pokemon's gender I really care about is my starter pokemon, I like it to be a girl, like me.:p

doesn't matter, but i have only one male in my platinum team ah ah ah ah.

For me the gender doesn't usually play a big part, it's whatever it is when I catch the pokemon in question. The only time it matters is when I want my starter a certain gender, or want a pokemon with a certain gender to match it, like a female Milotic, or a female Seviper.

Doesn't matter to me. Don't need egg moves really. So, I have my Ditto. Anyway, I don't pay attention to what poke gender I'm getting.

I feel like if the Pokemon looks like it should be a male/female, that's what it should be. Like, my Feraligatr should be a male since it looks masculine, but my Bellossom should be female since that's what it looks like. Sometimes a Pokemon looks like it could be either, in which case, I don't really care which gender it is (like Vaporeon). xD

Nope, i never cared about the gender of my pokemon.

When catching a pokemon i only look at the pokemon and its level and nothing more.

Mostly yes. Some Pokémon look pretty masculine or feminine so these pokémon should be the right gender. I can't imagine male Gardevoir or female Alakazam in my team, for instance. This depends on a pokémon. For example I don't care about the gender when it's about Luxray or starter pokémon

this is something that matters the most in Pokemon

just thinking that my Rhyperior is a female makes me feel sick

Nope, I catch whatever I get, why should I care? There are no difference if my Kirlia is a (gay) boy or a girl, but in some special cases I do care a bit, well it's actually only one case, I hate female Pikachu. Stupid hearts.

Well in-game I usually choose anything.
But when I started to play competitively, it was good to have a female so attract and those kind of moves wouldn't affect you.

Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom