• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does Gender matter to you?

Which gender do you prefer?

• Male

Votes: 72 19.7%
  • Female

Votes: 46 12.6%
  • Mix

Votes: 247 67.7%

• Total voters
Only if I want to breed a Pokemon in a certain way or get a "gender specific" evolution. In battle, though, it's all the same.

Depending on my dream team, I'll sometimes want to balance my team's genders out, but more often than not I'll have mostly females and I'll be damn proud of it. x'D I'm pretty OCD about certain pokemon and their genders, too.

I used to have all-female teams and refused to catch wild pokemon if they were male (I got frustrated trying to get a female starter at one point so I game my male starter a female name...). Don't know why I was so crazy back then, but now I prefer mixed teams with the genders based mostly on the pokemon species. I still get OCD about it, downright refusing to catch or train males of certain species and females of other species.

Anything Water or Ice type must be female. That means the majority of my Pokémon are female, but the others I don't care. My Empoleon must be male, though. All my Dewgong are female and I have one male Seel, and that's the only Seel I have. If I EVER EVER EVER catch a shiny Dewgong, I don't even want it unless it's female. *changes mind*

well since the only thing females are good for is making me sandwiches and my pokemon won't make me sandwiches I only get males

p.s. that was a joke I don't really care

I don't care at all, unless a gender is needed for evolution (Froslass, Gallade, Vespiquen, etc.) I have a male Blissey.

Does matter In the slightest. If my male gardevoir wants to wear. a dress, he can. We don't judge here.

Female simplly because it makes breeding easier. You can breed a male with a Ditto but you don't get any special egg moves, just a low level clone of the father.

I have a male Blissey.
If you or someone else didn't hack it that way, I suggest you look again; Blisseys are all female.
Does matter In the slightest. If my male gardevoir wants to wear. a dress, he can. We don't judge here.
I would be concerned if you didn't let him wear the dress that is part of his body.

I think its better to have female Gardevoir and just evolve the males into Gallade.

I like my Pokemon to be male so I can name them after male characters and make them my pets...

I don't reallly care about the gender, except where the name is concerned. Sometimes I really want to name a certain pokemon a certain name, so I need either a male or female. I wanted a Ghastly I could name Setsuna, but found no females, so I had to settle for a male, and named it Meioh. I caught a female Abra, and gave it the name Setsuna. Although I still think it would have fitted the ghost better. But I guess Meioh is still a good name for a ghost.

Normally I don't even realize my Pokemon's gender until it has been a part of my team for a while anyway. It usually turns out mixed.

I never really pay attention to my Pokemon's gender unless I need a specific one, for breeding or evolution purposes.

I named my Abra in FireRed "Soren" after the (male) Fire Emblem character before realizing she was a girl. Anyone who's seen Soren would realize why this is funny.

Not really, except for breeding. Plus, the pokemon that look more like one gender, I have the gender it looks like. For example, I have a male Machoke on my team, but the only reason I caught a female machop was to breed a machop with close combat to put on the GTS once I get Wi-fi, and even then, I released her (but I'm starting to regret it ;_; , so I'm gonna catch a female Machoke and pretend it's my now evolved Machop). That is also why I have a level 41 male buneary sitting in my PC.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom