• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does it bug you that Ash has never battled an evil boss yet?

Its because he would get owned, thats why.

DealWithItJim.gif

No, but ONLY for the fact that I stopped expecting him to after kanto was done with.

Is it me or is everyone acting as if Ash is a real person? He's fictional and if the writers were as good as Hidenori Kusaka, he wouldn't be dumb and he'd be a better trainer, good enough to defeat an evil boss.

Plus, he has allies who can aid him against the villain (One Piece-style, that is).

I really don't care. Personally, those subplots involving an evil organisation, Team Plasma, Aqua, Magma (whatever the ones from DP were called) just bore me. TR are not included obviously (although if they don't start being idiotic again soon I might change my mind)

I'd prefer it if those elements didn't come into the anime at all. All we get out of them is three, long, boring episodes that are always disappointing.

I'm actually skipping through the parts about TR getting meteorites and crap. Really doesn't excite me at all. I just tune in to see cute little Oshawott and Pidove <3

So no, I'm glad Ash hasn't beaten any Boss.

Archie, Maxie and Cyrus never even attempted to battle in the show, so why does it matter?

For all we know Ash may have battled Giovanni in the TR/TP arc.

Because they didn't want to wrap up the Rockets yet.

Except that battling Giovanni in his capacity as Gym Leader wouldn't have done jack-all to Team Rocket. Besides, do you think animeverse Giovanni would give up his entire team even if he *did* lose a pokemon battle in his capacity as Boss? He didn't after Mewtwo Returns, after all.

Uhh..when Ash was wanting an Earth badge, Giovanni had Mewtwo. They had to ensure that Ash would win and they couldn't use Giovanni because they didn't want to spoil who the TR boss is to Ash and they didn't want him to know about/get defeated by Mewtwo.

He wouldn't have used Mewtwo in every battle. Either that or Otoshi's Marowak is way stronger than it seemed, since Otoshi had an Earth Badge.

It doesn't bother me really however I'm truly hopping he battles N, since they seem to be breaking a lot of rules in Best Wishes well.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom