• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does it piss you off when people stare at you just because you look different?

uhhhh, babies stare at me a lot, does that count? haha.
i mean, if someone is sticking out (wearing interesting clothes, unique hair, etc.) i'll stare, but i know what it's like to be stared at and talk about behind my back so i try not to do so to others.

:conangry:Once, at primary school in year four or three we were doing plays, someone was doing one based one Men in black, 27 pairs of eyes stared at me

People stare at me cause I'm hot. Not cause I look different!!

but yeah ..it annoys me when they're ugly and old. ):

I get stared at sometimes because I don't look like a Canadian and I often get the question "Where are you from?", so I answer that I actually was born in Canada but I look like a latina because my dad is Mexican. And also, I kinda got used to guys staring/whistling at me so I don't really care now since I know it's not for a negative reason.

It's annoying when I go to USA and people just stare or ask if i'm from Mexico.
I am NOT Mexican,I am Puertorrican.It annoys me even more when they ask:
"Puerto Rico? Where in Mexico is that?"

I live in Toronto, and I went to high school in a place where like half the kids liked to dress "different" anyways (or didn't mind when others did) so I hardly get any looks over any of my more unusual outfits. ^^' it's really annoying when it does happen, though, and it's frustrating that some people are still so quick to judge based on how you dress.

It's annoying when I go to USA and people just stare or ask if i'm from Mexico.
I am NOT Mexican,I am Puertorrican.It annoys me even more when they ask:
"Puerto Rico? Where in Mexico is that?"
Holy crap is that ever rude and ignorant! o_O

I was the first to get zits, so I had to put up with that for a while.
Haha i remember i got my first pimple in grade six and i was so embarassed ;___;

I get stared at sometimes because I don't look like a Canadian and I often get the question "Where are you from?", so I answer that I actually was born in Canada but I look like a latina because my dad is Mexican. And also, I kinda got used to guys staring/whistling at me so I don't really care now since I know it's not for a negative reason.
Where in Canada do you live, exactly? Where I live that wouldn't be a big deal, like, at all haha.

People shoot looks at me just because I wear a sweater all year round for no reason, and even walk home in it during hot summer days.

Well people do stare at me alot because Im short, and they dont stop at just staring, they often make comments to me about it. I think this is the rudest thing you could ever do to someone, but I cant tell them that or tell them to stop staring becuse they are customers and I work in a store, if I did they would complain to my manager about what I said, and Id get in trouble or fired, so I cant do anything about it. I talked to my manager about this and she basically told me there isnt anything I can do about it, so I just have to take it. Retail is not a nice environment to work in at all.

Edit: also when i went to italy for a class trip people there would stare at us with their sunglasses on, but i think thats just what they do.

Last edited:
I do not mind being stared at, because it most likely does not matter to me, unless someone wants to see what I am working on when I clearly do not want them to do that, which is unlikely to happen anyway.

I don't get stared at, because I look 'normal'.

I guess I look relatively "normal", cause it doesn't happen to me very often. But when it does, for whatever reason, it kinda bothers me. Then I just look back at them and they stop. Gosh, people can be such pricks.

Sometimes when my hair grows a bit longer, it can look kinda funny. It's because it's REALLY thick and can be just a bit curly. Then I have a whole pseudo-afro thing going on. Mostly the day after I wash my hair. Anyway, Sometimes it attracts looks from people. One time a lady at the bus stop (I go to school by bus, so I see her every morning) made a comment about it. I was kinda shocked, so I couldn't reply to that. I hated her before that, anyway.

Oh, psh. I don't worry over what I look like. I usually just stare back. In fact, I'm the resident oddball! I take pride in it.

I find it to be insulting, rude, and disrespectful. People can dress how they want to dress. If they want to go around looking like a slut or a whore, let them. If someone wants to look like total shit, let them. It's their choice, not yours. Don't stare at them because they're not following the crowd and they're being themselves. I'd rather be unique and different than follow the crowd.

[This post was not made to offend anyone.]

People who stare are annoying. I have this neighbor, who is stuck on something that happened ages ago (that didn't actually happen in the first place) involving myself and her grandson. She seems to think I used to bully him, but in reality he got mad because I beat him at basketball once, so he went home and told her (and the rest of his family) how awful I was, also saying god knows what about me. Everytime I see her, she stares at me until I'm out of her field of vision. A little ridiculous considering this conflict happened a whopping 6 years ago when we were pretty much children.

Also, anytime I dress the least bit differently, people stare. I live in a pretty culturaly starved area (the southern states), where people only wear things from AE and other such places, and nobody thinks for themselves. When I wear something like my fedora, or my adidas sambas, people stare at me. So lame and rude, they think that because I don't wear polo shorts and khaki pants that I'm some kind of freak. I don't even think about wearing my band t-shirts anymore...

well, only once was it really bad. i was experimenting with different types of clothing and Mixn'Matching stuff. i went out thinking i looked nice, then when i walk into a Whataburger and sit down waiting for my order, a group of employees who were sitting across from me and my mom wouldn't stop staring at me for 5 whole minutes. even when i stared back. then they started laughing and pointing (at me). I got really embarrassed and wanted to leave, but my mom heard them and spoke to their manager, we took our order and left after the whole debacle.

Lets just say, after that, i stopped trying to not look like everyone else y-y sometimes, i really hate people for how they treat each-other.

OH NO ANOTHER THREAD KILLED BY ME! D:>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom