• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does Pokemon have not enough presence in your Region?

Do you think that TPCi focus too much on some regions, and too less on others?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Does your Region lay 'cut off' in terms of Pokemon (Main Series) promotion? Does your area (being a notable destination), not get enough focus? Do you think that pokemon is centred too much on USA and Japan?

If most of your answers are yes, this thread is for you! *drumroll*

This is definitely a problem in our country. Pokemon and Nintendo, has largely reduced the availability of consoles like 3DS, and the main series games in our area (this is astounding, since our country is the second-most populous in the world). The anime airs too much (and only the Kanto series for that matter, so ours could be a great place to release a Kanto Sequel), but practically no one knows that games even exist.

Do you feel that Pokemon has unused potential in your Region?

Not really. We do have many Nintendo merchandise available in stores. But finding another person to play Pokemon with is a whole different story.

The only thing that bothers me is when Europe gets delayed, we do too. >_<

I'm sad there isn't a single Pokémon Center in the whole of Europe, and the one in the USA doesn't ship here either iirc. The one time we did get a Pokémon Center, it was temporary and it only sold the XY starter plushies and in a very limited amount. There's very little Pokémon merch in my country and it's outdated too, the only plushies I've ever seen are Pikachu and small ones of BW (!) Pokémon :/ Even at cons there's hardly anything to be found.

We are up to date with the anime though, and the games and TCG cards are easy to get here. Another thing that bothers me though is the distribution of events. Nowadays there's only one store that distributes them and they don't do it by codes, but you gotta go there with your 3DS and actually download the thing in the store. And of course, there's only two of these stores in my whole province and the closest is 30km from here.

And let's not even start on Europe being the only continent to get the games 5 days later :/

And let's not even start on Europe being the only continent to get the games 5 days later :/

Considering Nintendo's track record regarding European release dates, I'm glad it was just a 5 day difference instead of months like it happens with other Nintendo titles

Considering Nintendo's track record regarding European release dates, I'm glad it was just a 5 day difference instead of months like it happens with other Nintendo titles

Even though I am indeed glad it's better than before, the fact remains that we still get a delay even though international releases are a thing now. Also, other countries used to have a delay too, so that made it less worse. Now we're (almost) the only ones that have to wait.

Even though I am indeed glad it's better than before, the fact remains that we still get a delay even though international releases are a thing now. Also, other countries used to have a delay too, so that made it less worse. Now we're (almost) the only ones that have to wait.
I get that. I'm just saying that 5 days isn't anywhere as bad as the roughly 3 month difference FE Fates had just to give a fairly recent example.

I think it's just enough. I haven't seen the anime dub in my country for a while so idk how up-to-date it is, but they do a fair amount of advertising and reruns. Even though we don't have a Pokemon Center, we do have occasional official pokemon pop-up stores to sell merchandises and Pokemon Center products. There are large official pokemon events held sometimes. I'm not a TCG fan, but they always sell TCG products, too, so I'm guessing the TCG also has a solid fanbase.

i just hope the next region isn't based on US or Japan again.
Pokemon is popular where i live, and the anime still airing. I think Pokemon go brought a new popularity to the franchise again.
But i wished south america had more love by game freak in events and similar things.

Over in Sydney, there is a bit of everything. The anime is still airing, and you can go to the nearest EB Game store for the games, the TGC cards, and at least some of the plushies. There are also places outside of the local Kinokuniya or Dymocks that sell the Special manga, or occasionally even the manga adaptations of the movies. I don't see as many people playing the games (or even have a 3DS), however.

its more the amount of tournaments and the cost of games in poor countries.

I live in the US and near a major city where regional tournaments and other events are held, so no. I'd say Pokemon gets a lot of love and has a huge presence where I live locally. We also have the Pokemon Center online for our Pokemon wants and needs. Nintendo World is only in New York, but we still get lots in terms of merchandise and events.

The only Pokemon-related stuff we have here in the Philippines are from the anime (which actually airs on TV!) and Pokemon GO. Everything else is downloaded from the Pirate Bay.

Sadly, no! Sure, in India, the anime airs roughly the entire day on the television (which I don't even watch, cause I hate the Hindi dub with a passion). But this just ain't enough representation if you ask me. Most people here do not even know of the classic games, and are content to believe that Pokémon GO is the only real Pokémon game. WHAT?!?

Also, I like to believe that most of the Nintendo stuff like the games and the consoles are unavailable here, and if they are, they cost a huge deal, so, maybe that explains why there aren't very many Pokémon fans in India, besides the kids watching the anime of course.

Sadly, no! Sure, in India, the anime airs roughly the entire day on the television (which I don't even watch, cause I hate the Hindi dub with a passion). But this just ain't enough representation if you ask me. Most people here do not even know of the classic games, and are content to believe that Pokémon GO is the only real Pokémon game. WHAT?!?

When I used to watch the Hindi dub (don't know about now, but nothing seems to have changed), there was 24/7 minus 30 minutes of doraemon. And that 30 minutes was Pokemon.

When I used to watch the Hindi dub (don't know about now, but nothing seems to have changed), there was 24/7 minus 30 minutes of doraemon. And that 30 minutes was Pokemon.
Well, I know nothing about the current scenario, but last I watched Hungama (out of boredom, of course; I would never watch it out of interest), there were roughly entire days of broadcasting Pokémon, intercepted by very little of Doraemon, Shin Chan and the other shows.

in Poland we are stuck on XY sesason 19 episodes of 8 gym badge in one private TV chanell watched only by few.
and they reapeat only season 17 , 18 and 19 no new ones or now old ones to watch either for the kids and a good time.

and there is not much hapening by us.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom