• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does the south have any redeeming qualities?

CastletonSnob

Reaction score
It seems to me that the American South doesn’t have any redeeming qualities besides good food.

Are there any other good things about it?

Assuming you're talking about the Southern states of America;

A great deal of music - from country, folk, blues, funk, jazz and metal can trace a lot of their development if not origin point to the deep south.
Wikipedia - It's founder was from Alabama and helped grow one of the largest and easily accessible sources of information in all of humanity
Sunscreen and Super Soakers - Two things no summer is complete without
Movie Theatres - They used to be on the road things, until they opened dedicated buildings to showing film
A lot of fantastic food innovations, from soft drinks to Tex-Mex cuisine

Hello, I live in the South US, and I do have to say, I don't really think so. I do not enjoy living here at all.

I mean, the only good thing I can think about my state is the low cost of living. But even that's mired by that making it extremely hard to move somewhere better, and also... what's the point of having a house down here anyway, when it can just be blown away by a tornado (or hurricane further south) any day of the year?

I really feel the same way sometimes. I live in Florida and the amount of stupidity and bad things here is overwhelming at times. I lived in South Carolina before which is in some ways even worse.

On the flip side, I guess there are some beautiful places down here. The condo I stay in is right on a canal and it's really pretty there. There are also some really nice national parks. Oh, and Manatees. Those alone are a redeeming quality to me. And while living in most parts of the South can be unbearable in the summer, the winters in Florida specifically can be nice if you don't like really cold weather. Besides the heat and constant hurricanes Florida itself is a pretty state.

I guess on a personal note, the university I went to in SC was really good, loved it there. There are some other colleges down here that I hear are pretty good too. Not sure if they compare to the ones in the North and they aren't like, Harvard level or anything, but I guess that's a positive.

A lot of this probably isn't specific to the South, but it's all I've got honestly. Like Aulos said the cost of living down here is lower, but it's kinda easy to forget when you still can't afford rent anywhere.

Well, I believe that, at least in Florida, there is a strong presence of Latin Americans and tourists. So, if you're willing to venture out, it can be a culturally rich experience

No. (never been to the south, so this is a joke post kinda)
Join the pacific northwest gang. We have rain and music and fish and hockey.

I believe the south must be lacking in Hockey.

We're really good at college sports, so there's that.

In all seriousness, the National World War II Museum in New Orleans should be on everyone's bucket list.

The most redemption I can possibly offer is that the North and South may not be so different after all, but I do not possess enough experience to be certain.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom