• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dog vs Cat

Which do you like more? Dogs or Cats?

• Dogs

Votes: 111 33.6%
  • Cats

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Both!

Votes: 67 20.3%
  • Neither!

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
I love both of them. :3 Cats and dogs alike. I've had both as pets, and I've seen a few great ones. Honestly, I'll just like anything as long as it has a good personality. It's not just based on species, but on individuals. I dislike some cats and I dislike some dogs, but not all of them. Both are mammals, quadrupedal, furry, and appealing to my eye. And hey, I know cats are a big thing on the internet, but dogs are still great too even if they're a lot more demanding to take care of than cats. You just have to find the right individual, as I've said, and not judge by stereotypes. A well-trained, well-behaved animal is what I prefer above all. It's really that simple.

If there was some way you could merge them into one creature somehow, that would be the most awesome thing ever. (Foxes? Foxes are kind of like a cat dog, really.)

I'm more of a cat person for several reasons. First off, cats are much cleaner and easier to take care of than dogs. They don't bark for hours on end, they don't annoy the neighbors, and they don't need to be taken on walks. Secondly, I identify more with a cat than a dog. A dog is reliant on others to provide for them, and it needs to be around people. Cats are independent and able to provide for themselves, but at the same time they can develop bonds with people, which they express in much nicer ways than loudly barking at someone and licking them.

Definitely dogs. Cats do form bonds with people, but it's hard to beat a dog's adoration.

Both. I kinda prefer cats, mostly because they're a lot quieter than dogs. I may as well take the time just just talk about both my dog and my cat.

My dog Misty (named that because of her small white spots on her legs):

Misty is an Australian Cattle Dog, a blue healer to be more specific. Because of this, she is very territorial, and doesn't like it when strangers come up to our porch. Which is really convenient when we get people coming around trying to sell their religion. We just let her bark at them through the window and they leave. She's quite useful in that regard. She's also very affectionate toward us, she loves having her belly rubbed, and she's just overall adorable. Of course, she does have her cons. For starters, we have to have the bathroom door closed at all times, because otherwise she'll go in and dump the garbage can. She'd do this with the kitchen garbage too, so we had to put a latch on it. She also tends to bark whenever we stand up, so that can be annoying. Also when my mom lets her outside to go to pee, she has to put a leash on her since our backyard gate was broken in a windstorm a few years back. The leash is connected to the back porch, and Misty will often get herself tied in it, so my mom has to go outside and help her. She also follows my mom around everywhere and likes laying in everyone else's way. I'm sure we've all tripped over her several times.

My cat Miley (I actually don't know why she's named that):

I honestly don't know what breed of cat Miley is. She's a white and grey cat, with medium length fur. Just like our dog, she is very affectionate. In the morning, whoever she sees first gets to be the one who she rubs up against (on the weekends it's me since I get up before everyone else). She'll purr and rub up against us, and it's simply adorable to say the very least. She's very quiet, and minds her own business and allows us to have our personal bubbles (a concept my dog doesn't have). Of course, that's not to say she's a perfect angel. She does scratch, though it is usually playing, but she can do some harm when her claws are too sharp. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with her and having her scratch/bite/kick me, but I have to make sure I have my sweatshirt on so I can cover up my hand to make sure she doesn't hurt me too much. The noises she makes while attacking my hand are adorable. She'll make these little hunting noises and cute quiet growling noises. It's awesome. So yeah, I'm essentially her toy. She just plays with my hand, and while it does hurt, it's fun so long as I don't need a band-aid.

But yeah, those are my animals for ya. I voted both on the poll, by the way.

Both can be great to have around you and both can be a massive pain.
I don't prefer either, I just like every pet that's grown on me. Let that be a cat, a dog or a bird for all I care.

I've always been a dog person. I guess it's 'cause I've never owned a cat.

Cats! :053::215::lx196::rs062::151-7:

I have five cats (plus a lot of strays living in my neighborhood), and I love them! I find that cats tend to be more laid back than dogs, but they can also be pretty silly. My cats do weird stuff all the time (even the grumpier ones). Cats are also cuter in my opinion. :crush:

I like dogs too, but I've always been more of a cat person.

I like cats but I absolutely love dogs. In the future I want to have two dogs and a cat...or three dogs and two cats, maybe.

Growing up with cats my whole life I'm obviously going to say cats. I like the look of cats a lot more then dogs. However I do like how affectionate dogs can be and how good of a friend they could be. My cats are affectionate too but not to the same extent as a dog could be. I still prefer cats overall though.

Cats FTW! Seriously, what kind of question is that considering my Avatar? Anyways, I like cats 'cuz they're sweet, and mostly self-sufficient. They clean themselves, they don't need to be taken outside, and they're ridiculously smart.

I like dogs more than cats, but kittens more than puppies. Kittens are just so cute and FLUFFY!!!

I like both ^^ In fact, I like all animals. But since I had cats all my life I'd pick cats over dogs ˇωˇ

I like cats but dogs are really where it's at for me because:
-More trainable
-Protect you from people who want to harm you
-Don't cough up hairballs
-Don't bring you half dead or mutilated dead animals (depends what dog you have though)
-Don't claw your furniture (if trained)
-Keep you fit and healthy as you have to walk them often
-Don't annoy the neighbours by pooping in their garden
-Don't get fleas as often

I just see that dogs have a lot more pros then cats do.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom