• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Dog vs Cat

Which do you like more? Dogs or Cats?

• Dogs

Votes: 110 33.4%
  • Cats

Votes: 143 43.5%
  • Both!

Votes: 67 20.4%
  • Neither!

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I like cats but dogs are really where it's at for me because:
-More trainable
-Protect you from people who want to harm you
-Don't cough up hairballs
-Don't bring you half dead or mutilated dead animals (depends what dog you have though)
-Don't claw your furniture (if trained)
-Keep you fit and healthy as you have to walk them often
-Don't annoy the neighbours by pooping in their garden
-Don't get fleas as often

I just see that dogs have a lot more pros then cats do.

Reaction score
I am a cat fan, I like both though.

Cats tend to like me more than dogs

Barrel!
Reaction score
Dogs. I have cats and I adore them but I love my beagle Lucky more then anything and he goes every where with me.

ロケット団!!
Reaction score
Cats cause this is the internet I never had dogs...

Now back to watching cat videos
[video=youtube;tJaqpr4unzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJaqpr4unzM[/video]

No longer present
Reaction score
I love both, I voted both, I have a little more preference for dogs anyway. There has always been that doggy best friend for me. Still, both can make awesome friends and when I befriend an animal, we'll share a special bond which will not be broken by anything, not even death itself but it may become more vague.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Why no rabbits as an option? I hsve experience with them, and they make awsome pets!

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
This is actually a bit of an in-depth question for me. When I was younger, I was much more into dogs than cats. I was the dog person and my sister was the cat person. However as time went on, I found myself much more fond of cats and their company to dogs. Whenever I go to volunteer at the humane society, I always go with the kitties and truly have no desire to interact with the dogs at all. If I see a stray dog, all I really care about is avoiding it, but I might feel a bit of sympathy for a stray cat (but overall I don't care that much for either). In general, I also like far more breeds of cats than dog breeds. I honestly don't think there's actually a single breed of cat I truly hate, whereas there are several dog breeds I despise. I'm also very uncomfortable around large dogs; so basically I'm only really okay with small dogs, and even then I don't necessarily like all of them.

So long story short, I guess I like both (again only small dogs), but I prefer cats.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've always preferred cats, because they like to do their own things. They don't like to bug you and constantly seek attention. They just have a certain swagger to them.

Let's go hunting
Reaction score
Both, I used to have a dog but she passed not too long ago, but I still have my cat. Dogs are more fun and more loyal, cats do their own thing but are more calm and won't bug you as much as a dog would. That being said, both animals are cute and have their own charm.

Reaction score
I went with the 'both' option because I love both, although I probably like cats a little bit more than dogs.
I like dogs because they are really loyal and can be really fun to be around. One of our dogs, Manly, is always bouncing around and making me laugh. He just seems to happy and care-free.
I like cats because they they are calmer than dogs and don't require attention from you 24/7. They can be really comforting animals as well, when I've been down in the dumps my cats are always there to cheer me up. They'll jump up on my lap and I'll give them big cuddles as they purr away. It always makes me feel better :)
So yeah, I love both. I just like cats a little bit more.

Very Cool Hunter Dude
Reaction score
I've always had dogs when growing up, since my mom and sister were allergic to cats. Needless to say, I've developed a preference for dogs. (I don't mind cats though.)

world.search(you);
Reaction score
Absolutely cats. I will admit I love dogs almost equally, but while I tend to like big dogs more than smaller ones, I like literally every breed of cat.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
Cats for me as well. My only pet ever was a cat but we are also taking care of several other cats in the house and I've grown too used to them.
I don't feel nearly as close to dogs. Perhaps I would reconsider if I were to get a dog but I don't really feel any need to attempt it.