• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Dog vs Cat

Which do you like more? Dogs or Cats?

• Dogs

Votes: 110 33.4%
  • Cats

Votes: 143 43.5%
  • Both!

Votes: 67 20.4%
  • Neither!

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
Dogs all the way. I don't have one myself (I would love one though...) but I get so excited whenever I see one. It's so interesting to know what purposes (herding, companionship, hunting, etc.) humans have bred them for. I love medium to large breeds like Pembroke Welsh Corgis, Labs, Goldens, Shelties, GSD, Akita Inu, Keeshond, Standard Poodle, and a bunch more. If I could pick a favorite small breed, I'd say Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Shelter dogs are great too, but sometimes it's hard finding the right one.

I don't identify as a cat person at all, but I don't mind volunteering at a cat shelter or taking care of them. It's just that I don't feel any connection or emotional bond with them like I do with dogs and birds.

Kawaii desu ne
Reaction score
Definitely dogs! They are loyal, provide excellent companionship, have a keen sense of smell and can guard your house at night.

Cats are cute though.

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
I love all dogs, and I love other peoples' cats. I wouldn't want to have a cat of my own because 1) I'm allergic, and 2) litterboxes are DISGUSTING. Yuck. But other peoples' cats are great~

As for favourite breeds of dogs, I tend to prefer big dogs like rottweilers and huskies, but smaller dogs like shiba, Pembroke Welsh corgis, and westies are also adorable.

Utsukushī sakura o mite
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having cats as pets, but yeah, I'm more of a dog person than a cat person.

No one in particular.
Reaction score
I don't fully understand why people must pit them against each other so. You can't lump all cats and all dogs together. You may think you prefer one species, and then you might meet an excellent individual of the other that could change your mind. They are intelligent enough to have vastly different personalities from one individual to the next, and because of that, species became irrelevant to me. (Yes, I know they have differences in how you take care of them, and some of these differences may be better for certain people, depending on their living situation or personality. But those don't matter to me. I'll adjust to their needs.)

That said, I still prefer them both to humans. Aesthetically, they are beautiful, majestic (dogs), and cute (cats). Plus, they are much less stressful to deal with.

SAEV DEH WHALEZ!
Reaction score
Definitely cats. I have a cat myself. My parents don't like dogs (my dad's allergic to dog fur), so we've always been cat people. (Although I'm a sucker for chihuahuas.)

One thing I'd never do would put a small dog in a bag a la Paris Hilton. I remember when she was popular, everyone seemed to think it was so cute. What if the dog poops in your bag?

Last edited:
⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
Dogs. I grew up with dogs, and I currently have two at home. I still like cats though, but I'm slightly allergic to them (not that it stops me from petting them when I see one)

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
I don't dislike dogs but I've always been more oriented towards cats by default thanks to one irresponsible dog owner and their bull, which I refuse to discuss further.

There's three wonderful cats over here, two of them being gorgeous black males hand reared from the same litter, and the newer arrival being this shy female tabby who's really taken to me. Even though it's my parents who mostly provide the food and litter tray needs, I'm the one she goes to for some snuggle time.

No
Reaction score
Dogs slightly since they're more friendly to me than cats, but I'd never own a pet anyway

♡ scion of light ♡
Reaction score
Cats by far. Cats like me and I like them, and I haven't yet met a cat that I haven't gotten along well with. They're so cute (I don't think I've ever seen a cat that I didn't think was cute). There are some dog breeds I like (Huskies, German Shepherds; basically, the more wolf-ish looking dogs), but dogs are too loud and noisy and needy for me to be around for more than 30 minutes or so. I can't stand loud noises, so barking is a no-no for me to deal with, and I don't like being pounced on. Cats, on the other hand, are small and easy to hold and have sit on me, and they are very quiet. Even when they're not, cats have such cute meows, purrs, and trills that it just makes them even more charming to me. It's just so easy for me to connect to a cat on a close level, whereas with dogs, I feel like there's a wall there, if that makes sense. And I'll take cleaning a litter box any day over having to walk a dog outside and taking them out to poop.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Prefer cats, but don't have one now.

is a goat now
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Cat lover here. <3 Dogs are cute too, but cats are much easier for me to take care of and their meows are soo cute (especially when compared to dog barks, ugh haha). I'd happily have up to 3 cats in my house if I could.

La Follia d'amore
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
Cats, baby.

Incidentally, I actually used to have a fear of dogs; especially the douches that just bark at you out of nowhere in the streets or the ones that try to chase you.

Reaction score
I've had both dogs and cats. Currently, although, I have only one cat. While I prefer dogs, I understand why people prefer cats nowadays. Dogs demand much more attention and physical space.

That said, I think that dogs are a little more companions and slightly more loyal, especially if you care of them. But they can be very annoying by how much they want affection, companionship or simply recognition. For instance, my aunt had a dog that nibble buttocks for a little bit of attention. Cats, otherwise, can be quite affectionate, but most of the time they prefer solitude, in fact they had less leniency to humans than dogs. Many "wild cats", yet, can bring strange animals that they catch to your house, like birds, rats, frogs, lizards, etc...

My dogs never bite me, even in very tense situations, although my last dog bite once my mother. In its turn, my female cat has never bitten anyone, the males ones already had bitten everyone in the house, even if just playing around most times. The true is that cats don't really know how to play with humans. I always tell my sister that if "Thunder" or "Oliver" were lions or tigers, we would have lost several members already.

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Dogs have owners
Cats have servants
Rabbits have slaves.
:ROFLMAO:

" The Dragon Emperor "
Reaction score
I really love dogs. One recently passed away....she was a chihuahua.