• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Dog vs Cat

Which do you like more? Dogs or Cats?

• Dogs

Votes: 110 33.4%
  • Cats

Votes: 143 43.5%
  • Both!

Votes: 67 20.4%
  • Neither!

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
Immortal Old Man
Reaction score
I love both, although I preferred cats over dogs for a very long time. My family have always been cat people and never really had an interest in dogs until we started fostering puppies and young assistance dogs in training after our cat passed away a few years ago. That was how our miniature poodle Pepsi became part of our family. Plus, our cousin and his wife got a cockapoo recently and we're looking forward to having both our dogs meet when it's safe to do so.

Last edited:
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I grew up quite scared of dogs and their very physical nature (to the point that I developed an outright nervous twitch around some of them), whereas I grew up with a family of farm cats. They're just about the perfect pet from my perspective - completely happy and undemanding on their own, but also very responsive to attention and companionship, like the best kind of un-needy friend.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Dogs. Not only am I terribly allergic to cats but cats and I share an innate mutual dislike of each other. I've never met a cat that I didn't like and vice versa. Plus, I'm also a bird lover, having had many pet birds (mostly budgies, with my current bird being a cockatiel), which only makes me dislike cats more because they often kill birds. Meanwhile, I've had dogs since I was a baby and they've been such fun. I have many fond memories of Teddy, Chancy, and Baxter, the three dogs I've had in my 31 year life, and they're all so special to me. Plus, in the direct opposite of cats, dogs and I share an innate mutual fondness of each other, as dogs instantly become calm and friendly around me and I become relaxed around them. And, on top of that, I absolutely love wolves, the ancient ancestor to dogs. So, with all those facts, it's safe to say that dogs rule with me.

Just your average dumpster fire.
Reaction score
I'm a cat person in general though Gerbils will always be my favourite pets.

#UnovaConfirmed
Reaction score
Cat person. My Lulu is my emotional support animal. I'm not joking.

The Devil of Paradise
Former BMGf Head Administrator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
Im on team cats. Dogs are a lot more work and require near constant attention. Cats are usually satisfed to do their own thing most of the time and sometimes choose when they want attention and you can just sit and pet them when you're watching something,playing a game,etc. Its a lot more relaxing to have a cat. Of course you still have to play with them but you dont have to walk a ton like you do with a dog. I used to want a dog, but I dont have the time or energy to raise one.

Oh, so THAT’S what Bilbo Baggins hates.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Bacteria. They’re easy, small, and you already have them, so there’s no need to get more!

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I'm a dog person, and have two of my own. I love all animals, and will often go "aww" when I meet someone else's cat, but I'm not sure I'd ever want one of my own because of their penchant for digging their claws into people's laps.