• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dog vs Cat

Which do you like more? Dogs or Cats?

• Dogs

Votes: 111 33.6%
  • Cats

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Both!

Votes: 67 20.3%
  • Neither!

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
I am a cat fan, I like both though.

Cats tend to like me more than dogs

Dogs. I have cats and I adore them but I love my beagle Lucky more then anything and he goes every where with me.

Cats cause this is the internet I never had dogs...

Now back to watching cat videos
[video=youtube;tJaqpr4unzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJaqpr4unzM[/video]

I love both, I voted both, I have a little more preference for dogs anyway. There has always been that doggy best friend for me. Still, both can make awesome friends and when I befriend an animal, we'll share a special bond which will not be broken by anything, not even death itself but it may become more vague.

This is actually a bit of an in-depth question for me. When I was younger, I was much more into dogs than cats. I was the dog person and my sister was the cat person. However as time went on, I found myself much more fond of cats and their company to dogs. Whenever I go to volunteer at the humane society, I always go with the kitties and truly have no desire to interact with the dogs at all. If I see a stray dog, all I really care about is avoiding it, but I might feel a bit of sympathy for a stray cat (but overall I don't care that much for either). In general, I also like far more breeds of cats than dog breeds. I honestly don't think there's actually a single breed of cat I truly hate, whereas there are several dog breeds I despise. I'm also very uncomfortable around large dogs; so basically I'm only really okay with small dogs, and even then I don't necessarily like all of them.

So long story short, I guess I like both (again only small dogs), but I prefer cats.

Last edited:
I've always preferred cats, because they like to do their own things. They don't like to bug you and constantly seek attention. They just have a certain swagger to them.

Both, I used to have a dog but she passed not too long ago, but I still have my cat. Dogs are more fun and more loyal, cats do their own thing but are more calm and won't bug you as much as a dog would. That being said, both animals are cute and have their own charm.

I went with the 'both' option because I love both, although I probably like cats a little bit more than dogs.
I like dogs because they are really loyal and can be really fun to be around. One of our dogs, Manly, is always bouncing around and making me laugh. He just seems to happy and care-free.
I like cats because they they are calmer than dogs and don't require attention from you 24/7. They can be really comforting animals as well, when I've been down in the dumps my cats are always there to cheer me up. They'll jump up on my lap and I'll give them big cuddles as they purr away. It always makes me feel better :)
So yeah, I love both. I just like cats a little bit more.

I've always had dogs when growing up, since my mom and sister were allergic to cats. Needless to say, I've developed a preference for dogs. (I don't mind cats though.)

Cats for me as well. My only pet ever was a cat but we are also taking care of several other cats in the house and I've grown too used to them.
I don't feel nearly as close to dogs. Perhaps I would reconsider if I were to get a dog but I don't really feel any need to attempt it.

Dogs all the way. I don't have one myself (I would love one though...) but I get so excited whenever I see one. It's so interesting to know what purposes (herding, companionship, hunting, etc.) humans have bred them for. I love medium to large breeds like Pembroke Welsh Corgis, Labs, Goldens, Shelties, GSD, Akita Inu, Keeshond, Standard Poodle, and a bunch more. If I could pick a favorite small breed, I'd say Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Shelter dogs are great too, but sometimes it's hard finding the right one.

I don't identify as a cat person at all, but I don't mind volunteering at a cat shelter or taking care of them. It's just that I don't feel any connection or emotional bond with them like I do with dogs and birds.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom