• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dog vs Cat

Which do you like more? Dogs or Cats?

• Dogs

Votes: 111 33.6%
  • Cats

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Both!

Votes: 67 20.3%
  • Neither!

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
Definitely dogs! They are loyal, provide excellent companionship, have a keen sense of smell and can guard your house at night.

Cats are cute though.

I love all dogs, and I love other peoples' cats. I wouldn't want to have a cat of my own because 1) I'm allergic, and 2) litterboxes are DISGUSTING. Yuck. But other peoples' cats are great~

As for favourite breeds of dogs, I tend to prefer big dogs like rottweilers and huskies, but smaller dogs like shiba, Pembroke Welsh corgis, and westies are also adorable.

I don't fully understand why people must pit them against each other so. You can't lump all cats and all dogs together. You may think you prefer one species, and then you might meet an excellent individual of the other that could change your mind. They are intelligent enough to have vastly different personalities from one individual to the next, and because of that, species became irrelevant to me. (Yes, I know they have differences in how you take care of them, and some of these differences may be better for certain people, depending on their living situation or personality. But those don't matter to me. I'll adjust to their needs.)

That said, I still prefer them both to humans. Aesthetically, they are beautiful, majestic (dogs), and cute (cats). Plus, they are much less stressful to deal with.

Definitely cats. I have a cat myself. My parents don't like dogs (my dad's allergic to dog fur), so we've always been cat people. (Although I'm a sucker for chihuahuas.)

One thing I'd never do would put a small dog in a bag a la Paris Hilton. I remember when she was popular, everyone seemed to think it was so cute. What if the dog poops in your bag?

Last edited:
I don't dislike dogs but I've always been more oriented towards cats by default thanks to one irresponsible dog owner and their bull, which I refuse to discuss further.

There's three wonderful cats over here, two of them being gorgeous black males hand reared from the same litter, and the newer arrival being this shy female tabby who's really taken to me. Even though it's my parents who mostly provide the food and litter tray needs, I'm the one she goes to for some snuggle time.

Cats by far. Cats like me and I like them, and I haven't yet met a cat that I haven't gotten along well with. They're so cute (I don't think I've ever seen a cat that I didn't think was cute). There are some dog breeds I like (Huskies, German Shepherds; basically, the more wolf-ish looking dogs), but dogs are too loud and noisy and needy for me to be around for more than 30 minutes or so. I can't stand loud noises, so barking is a no-no for me to deal with, and I don't like being pounced on. Cats, on the other hand, are small and easy to hold and have sit on me, and they are very quiet. Even when they're not, cats have such cute meows, purrs, and trills that it just makes them even more charming to me. It's just so easy for me to connect to a cat on a close level, whereas with dogs, I feel like there's a wall there, if that makes sense. And I'll take cleaning a litter box any day over having to walk a dog outside and taking them out to poop.

Prefer cats, but don't have one now.

Look at this beauty just awww

c (2).jpg

Credit:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDg_6tHD5K8

Cat lover here. <3 Dogs are cute too, but cats are much easier for me to take care of and their meows are soo cute (especially when compared to dog barks, ugh haha). I'd happily have up to 3 cats in my house if I could.

Cats, baby.

Incidentally, I actually used to have a fear of dogs; especially the douches that just bark at you out of nowhere in the streets or the ones that try to chase you.

I've had both dogs and cats. Currently, although, I have only one cat. While I prefer dogs, I understand why people prefer cats nowadays. Dogs demand much more attention and physical space.

That said, I think that dogs are a little more companions and slightly more loyal, especially if you care of them. But they can be very annoying by how much they want affection, companionship or simply recognition. For instance, my aunt had a dog that nibble buttocks for a little bit of attention. Cats, otherwise, can be quite affectionate, but most of the time they prefer solitude, in fact they had less leniency to humans than dogs. Many "wild cats", yet, can bring strange animals that they catch to your house, like birds, rats, frogs, lizards, etc...

My dogs never bite me, even in very tense situations, although my last dog bite once my mother. In its turn, my female cat has never bitten anyone, the males ones already had bitten everyone in the house, even if just playing around most times. The true is that cats don't really know how to play with humans. I always tell my sister that if "Thunder" or "Oliver" were lions or tigers, we would have lost several members already.

Last edited:
I love both, although I preferred cats over dogs for a very long time. My family have always been cat people and never really had an interest in dogs until we started fostering puppies and young assistance dogs in training after our cat passed away a few years ago. That was how our miniature poodle Pepsi became part of our family. Plus, our cousin and his wife got a cockapoo recently and we're looking forward to having both our dogs meet when it's safe to do so.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom