• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dog vs Cat

Which do you like more? Dogs or Cats?

• Dogs

Votes: 111 33.6%
  • Cats

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Both!

Votes: 67 20.3%
  • Neither!

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters
I grew up quite scared of dogs and their very physical nature (to the point that I developed an outright nervous twitch around some of them), whereas I grew up with a family of farm cats. They're just about the perfect pet from my perspective - completely happy and undemanding on their own, but also very responsive to attention and companionship, like the best kind of un-needy friend.

Dogs. Not only am I terribly allergic to cats but cats and I share an innate mutual dislike of each other. I've never met a cat that I didn't like and vice versa. Plus, I'm also a bird lover, having had many pet birds (mostly budgies, with my current bird being a cockatiel), which only makes me dislike cats more because they often kill birds. Meanwhile, I've had dogs since I was a baby and they've been such fun. I have many fond memories of Teddy, Chancy, and Baxter, the three dogs I've had in my 31 year life, and they're all so special to me. Plus, in the direct opposite of cats, dogs and I share an innate mutual fondness of each other, as dogs instantly become calm and friendly around me and I become relaxed around them. And, on top of that, I absolutely love wolves, the ancient ancestor to dogs. So, with all those facts, it's safe to say that dogs rule with me.

Im on team cats. Dogs are a lot more work and require near constant attention. Cats are usually satisfed to do their own thing most of the time and sometimes choose when they want attention and you can just sit and pet them when you're watching something,playing a game,etc. Its a lot more relaxing to have a cat. Of course you still have to play with them but you dont have to walk a ton like you do with a dog. I used to want a dog, but I dont have the time or energy to raise one.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom