• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

The writers of the last two movies really hate pet owners.:cry:

Lugia not doing much is not surprising after its lack of relevance in the trailers, its lack of Voice actor and Ho-Oh's role in the last movie.

I'm disappointed that the movie didn't continue the travelling aspect of I Choose You, and that it didn't have any kind of special arc for Ash. However, it deserves props for delivering what it promised: character interactions and realism. I'm excited to watch it.

So, nothing special happened during the credits? Not even Officer Jenny appeared?

If you've somehow made it all the way to 2018 without ever seeing the original Japanese version of the film then I very highly recommend you track down a copy ASAP.
Challenge accepted. First time I've rewatched the film since I originally saw it in the cinema and bloody hell it was actually an enjoyable watch! Can't really imagine how the upcoming Mewtwo film can do anything to even remotely match the original...

This new version of the Mewtwo movie seems to me OLM is tackling nostalgia again. Bet they could go as far as starting another continuity (seeing how it's never made clear if Everyone's Story is a sequel from I Choose You, and I strongly believe it is intentional). Of course, assuming this is the movie we'll get indeed next year and not a troll from the producers.

Anyway, I've been watching Shaman King for quite sometime, it's amazing how two main characters share VAs with the Rockets. Although Hayashibara's Anna sounds nothing like Musashi (it's closer to Danganronpa's Saihara Shuuichi I'd say), Inuyama's Manta is really similar to Nyasu! Sometimes the voice comes so close it's amusing xD (I'd like to see him saying "nyaa" instead of "Yoh-kun" xD) Unfortunetaly, Miki is nowhere to be seen on this franchise (as far as I know).

Anyway, I've been watching Shaman King for quite sometime, it's amazing how two main characters share VAs with the Rockets. Although Hayashibara's Anna sounds nothing like Musashi (it's closer to Danganronpa's Saihara Shuuichi I'd say), Inuyama's Manta is really similar to Nyasu! Sometimes the voice comes so close it's amusing xD (I'd like to see him saying "nyaa" instead of "Yoh-kun" xD) Unfortunetaly, Miki is nowhere to be seen on this franchise (as far as I know).
Haha, I remember watching this in my mid-teens to hear more Hayashibara, hearing the first line uttered by Manta and jumping out of my skin like "wtf is Nyasu doing here?!" I like to imagine Miki as adult Yoh...

I remember watching Shaman King dubbed in my mother language on the now dead Fox Kids. I've heard it was just a child block on Fox at America, but in my home country it was a full channel.
Came across the Japanese version like, a few years ago?

Meanwhile I watched some episodes from the 4kids version. Wow xD Thank goodness they aired the unedited Japanese version on Fox Kids.

Also, I wonder if Hayashibara's talking voice is supposed to be similar to Anna's. She changes it a lot while voicing Musashi.

Also, I wonder if Hayashibara's talking voice is supposed to be similar to Anna's. She changes it a lot while voicing Musashi.
I don't think so you know... In fact, her Musashi voice in the radio show (which is a lot more natural and laid back) sounds a lot like her "actual" voice from interviews/other radio show things I've heard. But who can say for sure? She clearly has amazing natural range, and even a monkey like me sounds different in different settings.

Ok, part #2.

@Dogasu long back you retweeted some marketing by Mima for some podcast that he and Megumi Hayashibara were going to do together. I have accidentally stumbled upon the set (15x 30 minute long episodes), including episodes featuring Ikue Ohtani, Unsho Ishizuka, Kunihiko Yuyama and TWO with Shin'ichou Miki & Inuko Inuyama!! Obvs I can't understand jack, but was wondering if you'd ever listened to them and if so whether there was anything terribly interesting that came from them?

Kind? For what?

I guess Ishihara thinks that Mewtwo's sudden 180 degree turn during the film's last five minutes was enough redemption for him, ignoring the fact that Mewtwo was still a jerk for like 95% of the movie's runtime and actually murdered some people. :p

Last edited:
I guess Ishihara thinks that Mewtwo's sudden 180 degree turn during the film's last five minutes was enough redemption for him, ignoring the fact that Mewtwo was still a jerk for like 95% of the movie's runtime and actually murdered some people. :p
I guess it was so kind of Mewtwo to not kill them, and brainwash their memories. :whistle:

Last edited:
@ii kanji Can you share links to those sets?
The first one. (All uploaded by the same user, but if you can't see their uploads (as I can't...) you will find the lot by searching 音鬼と林原めぐみのH話×3 on Niconico.)

IIRC 1 is Ohtani, 4 is Ishizuka, 9+10 are Miki/Inuyama, 11 is Yuyama and 15 seems to just be a chat between Hayashibara & Mima. I've only listened fully to 9+10, and the only thing I think I picked up on was some chat in 9 about how the TRio were cast and (I suspect a highly un-politically-correct discussion about) the gender of Nyasu/Meowth and his voice actors internationally :p

I don't know whether it's supposed to be politically incorrect or not, but by 7:38 is when Hayashibara Megumi mentions Nyasu is voiced by a man in America. Miki completents saying that not only in America, and Inuyama jokes saying they're all old men xD There's a talk about producers I won't talk about because I'm not sure what I understood is correct and Inuyama continues about she hearing why this happens, and she says something as "It's not supposed to be a woman" (or something like that).

Hayashibara then mentions it's the same with Dragon Ball and One Piece, where both male main characters are voiced by women. This makes me remember people complaining of Goku, a middle-aged men by the end of DBZ, having a very high-pitched voice and saying it doesn't fit him. And some exaggeration from some dub fans telling how ours is the true Goku and all. Course I completely disagree.

I've barely watched Dragon Ball, but having just checked the Japanese voice, I have to say that it's a weird choice. It makes me feel a bit less stupid for suggesting that faux!Mewtwo's voice could be misleading, at least.

Given Meowth's attraction to female Pokemon, I think it's natural for kids to think of it as a male (let's face it, gay Pokemon probably don't exist). Inuyama does a good job giving it a gender-free voice, but if I had to pick, I'd say it sounds more masculine.

It would have been nice if they'd said something in honor of Maddie Blaustein, but whatever.

Given Meowth's attraction to female Pokemon, I think it's natural for kids to think of it as a male (let's face it, gay Pokemon probably don't exist). Inuyama does a good job giving it a gender-free voice, but if I had to pick, I'd say it sounds more masculine.
Dude, whatever are you saying? Nyasu's male gender has been confirmed numerous times...

They seemed to be dancing around the topic instead of saying that it's male ("supposed" isn't the same thing). Otherwise, why be surprised that men are the ones voicing it?

And I don't watch post-OS filler episodes. Sorry.

I found it weird how OLM didn't edit that episode for western markets. Like filling over the black facepaint with the skin-tone color they normally use for Satoshi. It would've been easier to do than how they edited Aloe.

I don't think the episode was boring. I think it was better than most of the episodes surrounding it, seeing Ash acting mature and showcasing different emotions is always a delight. To each their own, I guess. But as for TR's role, I have a few things to say...

TR as referees/commentators? Would be nice, but we just had that in the previous episode.
TR as participants of the rugby match? The Passimian took a while before accepting Ash, why they would accept TR so easily?
TR interrupting the match, saying their motto and capturing the Passimian in a cage? No, thanks.

Anyway, it's sad that a series can't reach 101 episodes without having one of its episodes banned or postponed in some part of the world. It could still air later, through. I wonder if TPCi will ask to be more involved in the episodes' plot design, as they lost money with this in some way or other.

Back
Top Bottom