• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Gabo2oo

Reaction score
Dogasu said:
The movie will have a joke or two that parents in the U.S. will complain about for being too "adult."
Well we only have the trailer for reference yet they already straight-up said a couple of swear words in the the Spanish dub, at the very least.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Congratulations! I liked Translation Tuesdays more than I expected and I'm looking forward to more. Your M21 write-ups were great too.

-There's just no way Let's Go Johto will get announced 3 weeks after Gen 8's release and one year ahead of schedule. Gen 8's supposed to be a bigger game than LG.
-I'd actually love for Passimian to come back and join Ash's team. He's strong and would add type diversity.
-I'd love another OVA too, but after 2017 only had the Planetarium one and 2018 had zero I'm not expecting anything.
-A wide release of the M22 doesn't depend on TPCi, it depends on Warner/Disney/Universal or whatever studio wants to distribute it. Like I say in the Detective Pikachu thread, Warner could agree to distribute it if DP does well.
-I can see people complaining about DP being "more adult than what they expected" or "more childish than what they expected".

Insanish Danish

grass princess
Reaction score
I honestly and truly don't see Team Rocket being written out - I really, REALLY don't want to be proven wrong here, because I still love them and I think the SM anime has them at their most enjoyable in years despite their low episode count (can't speak for the dub here since I gave up on the dub back during Best Wishes), but I also just can't imagine the show would get rid of them after all these years. I can see their appearances remaining more limited than they used to be, but I can't see them disappearing entirely. Of course I could be totally wrong and this really is the last series for them, but eh. We'll see.

I'm going to be heartbroken if I'm wrong ;__;

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
A part of me wouldn't be surprised if they do create some new form for Mewtwo. It would be a quick way to promote the upcoming new games and the Year of Mewtwo is pretty significant too. I don't think that they'll announce Let's Go Johto games that soon at least. It would be a nice way to celebrate G/S's 20th anniversary, but it would probably be too early for them to have another pair of games ready, especially when the new generation games will overshadow them. I'm still not sure if they would make more Let's Go games. I'd be happy if they did, especially since seeing Johto with updated graphics would be amazing for me, but it just seems too early for that to happen. Not to mention I'm not sure if any other Let's Go games set in other regions would attract as much attention compared to a Yellow remake did. Plus, I imagine that they'd want to do a traditional D/P remake first.

As for Team Rocket, I'm still pretty sure that they'll stick around. Despite their more minimal appearances, they're still pretty popular characters and I can't imagine how they'd be written out after being in the cast for so long. I suppose that it isn't impossible, but it just seems unlikely to me.

ii kanji

What's a motto with you?
Reaction score
Stop being so bloody negative Dogasu!!

#RDYEN #I'm #Not #Ready

SammyW27

Professor Oak's Long Lost Ex
Reaction score
Also...I feel like you'll be dead wrong about what happens on the Show like you were last year. Though your prediction sounds SO much better than what we're likely to get...

kantoskies

Prepare for over-used stock animation!
Reaction score
You know, I obviously don't want the Rocket trio being written out, but I don't doubt the Sun&Moon series would do their hypothetical sendoff total justice.

I could totally see them becoming recurring characters in the next series (though are they even considered main characters any more?)

Rockapheller

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Also...I feel like you'll be dead wrong about what happens on the Show like you were last year. Though your prediction sounds SO much better than what we're likely to get...
Where can I find the predictions for the last year and this year? I've been checking the blog but I can't find it.

Antiyonder

Reaction score
My two cents on the reason for the banning of the third Pikachu short that I wanted to get off my chest:

I personally think the whole thing is ridiculous and wish the Pokemon people would just get over it already, but I'm also an American born and raised in the U.S. And while I might look at Japan's reaction to Sakai Noriko, or Chage & Aska, or Takabe Ai, or anyone else convicted of a drug crime in Japan, at the end of the day it's not our place to tell Japan what they should and should not do. If they want to make examples of celebrities who do drugs, and if they want to treat meth users the same way we treat pedophiles, then that's their prerogative. we think they overreact while they, on the other hand, probably look at the U.S. and think that we underreact. It's all a matter of perspective.
In fairness the US has it's own problem to a point, but I suppose I find the reaction to drug use iffy when at most the issue is arguably self harm when as pointed out here by Dogasu they seem to be lenient on people who harm others (not just pedos, but sexual predators in general or how by looking at something like Shinkenger which while good for the most part treats bullies as non-problematic while bully victims are just crybabies who need to buck up). Especially as I joked in another post how the anime is a okay with sexualizing underage girls or especially more so in the last decade.

It's the kind of thing that prompts me to think that US or Japan that the uptight individuals are more concerned with looking good than doing good and really need to get a reality check.

Yami-no-Game

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound abrasive or ungrateful but since I saw that this thread got revived, I wanted to get something off my chest that I've felt for years regarding the Dogasu's Backpack site. While I really appreciate all the hard work that must go towards translating material and such, I have to admit that I don't feel compelled to visit the site anymore from around January through July of each year because of one thing: the overwhelming amount of focus on the movies.

It seems like every year from the moment that the first new movie trailer is released up until the new movie actually debuts, all that the site really focuses on about 90% of the time is translating movie promo material and it's frustrating (it was especially aggravating this year because we got two movies instead of one). It's particularly bothersome because most of the movie material that is covered on DB is already translated days before it's posted there by other people like Adamant or people on Reddit and Twitter anyway, so it makes the movie updates on DB seem redundant. I just wish that episode comparisons, manga summaries, and other material wouldn't be pushed into the backlog during those first seven months of each year.