• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Reaction score
Phew, I was getting worried that you may had taken that movie coverage comment too seriously.

It's jarring that the movie is filled up with padding. If they were contractually forced to use the same script or something like that then they should have at least done a Pikachu short with Yamper or something similar.

I also have some questions about the movie and I'm too lazy to open Twitter...

-Is the "funny background event" of Pikachu taking care of Togepi in the beginning kept?
-Is the scene of Jessie showing her pan kept?
-What exactly are the contents of the ending credits? Are them animated or just stills?
- Do you think the CGI benefited the movie's atmosphere? Or is it as effective as the original or not as good as the original?

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
Just as I feared, it made a LOT of money thanks to nostalgia...:(

CGI remakes of other early PokeMovies?:unsure:

Pretense
Reaction score
The movies have lacked creativity for a long time. I don't see any recent loss, especially as last year's was an exception (but it absolutely shouldn't lead to a new feel-good formula).

Next year's movie won't be a CGI remake, so it will probably only have references at best. The logo and Pikachu's animation imply goofiness. Enjoy, I guess.

Reaction score
The movies have lacked creativity for a long time. I don't see any recent loss, especially as last year's was an exception (but it absolutely shouldn't lead to a new feel-good formula).

Next year's movie won't be a CGI remake, so it will probably only have references at best. The logo and Pikachu's animation imply goofiness. Enjoy, I guess.
Can you provide the animation/footage of Pikachu and a vine (?) that presumably belongs to M23? I don't find it anywhere.

Reaction score
It's just a hearsay from someone watched it, there is no online footage.
Ohh well, I read on twitter than the animation is similar to Sun & Moon but guess we'll have to wait for footage to confirm.

I found the source! 'Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution' Impressions, Changes, and Sequels! - PokéBeach / Pokémon TCG, games, and anime news!

"At the end of the film, the preview for next year’s Pokemon movie revealed it would be back to hand-drawn animation. The teaser featured Pikachu dropping onto a “Pokemon 2020” logo in his Sun & Moon art style."

Maybe the Galar anime will have similar animation to Sun & Moon but more refined/polished I guess.

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
Maybe the Galar anime will have similar animation to Sun & Moon but more refined/polished I guess.
A better artstyle/design is what we need.

SM's animation is actually great...but the ugly character designs and meme faces often undermine it :cry:

SS is sure to have good animation--hell, it gets better each saga--but better designs (and less funny faces) are what's truly needed.

A deeper shade of blue
Reaction score
It's a big shame that the subtitled release has dub lines in it, especially if the sub tract will be on the home release. It would clear up a lot of long-standing misconceptions about the Mewtwo movie since the vast majority of the people who watching it in their childhood haven't seen it in its original language. Especially the part where Meowth gave that cheese-tastic line about strength comes from the heart, there's still so many people who think Japan!Mew wanted all the clones to die because they're inferior or something.

Reaction score
I don't think it's likely that we'll see these subs again. It's probably much cheaper to make new ones than to negotiate with the many companies involved with the LA event.