• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

SammyW27 said:
No one in Japan wanted to see Hiun/Castelia trashed by seismic waves (even though no one died) then and they certainly won't want to anytime soon. Heck, even just releasing these eps on DVD is too risky because it's "too soon". And it always will be

Japan is OK with airing disaster movies. And, as I mentioned on the site, TV-Tokyo aired the Zorro'ark movie, destruction and all.

I think the episodes' continued postponement is due to either a) they don't know when and where to insert them, or b) they've given up on them and haven't bothered to tell us. I don't think the "it's too soon" reason really works anymore.

Oh. Okay then. I'll go with B (sounds like them)

However, I beg to differ about what you said about airing them with a disclaimer. You said "TV never does this", when I can think of about a dozen examples.

Name one example of a network airing a serialized TV show out of order and then putting up a disclaimer admitting as much. Just one.

I distinctly remember with Season 3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where the season finale and another episode were delayed because of the Columbine shootings. They gave disclaimers the nights each episode was to air on why they didn't, then explained as much when the episodes finally aired, along with "veiwer discretion is advised" to be on the safe side.

There were similar incidents with the X Files, Family Guy (Thrice. Including an episode that had to be released on DVD without airing), and Drawn Together. Maybe more, but I'm not sure.

One more thing. In the timeline section of the write up, you finished with "Here's hoping common sense prevails and they actually air these things one day."

Thing is, since when has common sense ever had anything to do with the Pokemon Anime? :uhoh:

Last edited:
Also, I think the Plasma-Dan was probably disbanded at the end of the two-parter, for reasons I've stated on the site. I don't think there was ever supposed to be this huge, series-wide rivalry between the Rocket-Dan and the Plasma-Dan.

I've thought of that too, but I just have a really hard time believing that the main villains of the generation only got two measly episodes. No matter what the reasoning behind the Rocket-Dan getting a larger role in BW, it still doesn't make sense why Plasma would get shortchanged THIS badly.

Edit: Just noticed a small error on this page. Clicking next episode just keeps you on the same page instead of taking you to the BW039 comparison.

Last edited:
SammyW27 said:
I distinctly remember with Season 3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where the season finale and another episode were delayed because of the Columbine shootings. They gave disclaimers the nights each episode was to air on why they didn't, then explained as much when the episodes finally aired, along with "veiwer discretion is advised" to be on the safe side.

There were similar incidents with the X Files, Family Guy (Thrice. Including an episode that had to be released on DVD without airing), and Drawn Together. Maybe more, but I'm not sure.

Neither Family Guy nor Drawn Together are serialized TV shows. They have a sense of continuity, yes, but nobody would claim that they have a larger, ongoing story the way Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! does.

As for your Buffy example, I'll take your word on the disclaimer airing. But, that was like thirteen years ago and was done for a show that wasn't meant for five year olds. And since the Buffy episode in question was the season finale, postponing it two months didn't alter the intended order of the episodes the way "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan" being skipped did. Zero new episodes premiered between "Graduation Day (Part One)" and "Graduation Day (Part Two)" while approximately 60 episodes (and counting) have debuted since "Hiun City! The Fushide Panic!!" The situations are kind of completely different.

Musashi said:
I've thought of that too, but I just have a really hard time believing that the main villains of the generation only got two measly episodes. No matter what the reasoning behind the Rocket-Dan getting a larger role in BW, it still doesn't make sense why Plasma would get shortchanged THIS badly.

Well, I dunno, maybe the writers thought the whole "liberate pokemon!" thing the Plasma-Dan's all about was a bit too complicated for the show's target audience? The cartoon does tend to skew a bit younger than the video games, after all.

And I didn't put this in the write-up because I just thought of it, but in addition to everything I posted here about the show skipping all the Plamsa appearances from the games, another thing that supports the theory that the organization was just going to be a "villain-of-the-day" is the fact that no named members of the Plasma-Dan were advertised as being in the two-parter. No N, no G'Cis, no Seven Sages, no Dark Trinity (I'm fully convinced that this is true, so Dent traveling with Satoshi and Iris kind of prevents that from happening) - nobody but a bunch of no-name grunts. And it's not like this show to keep something like that a secret, either; the only secret I can remember the writers being able to keep from us recently is the fact that Takuto had a Latios.

Edit: Just noticed a small error on this page. Clicking next episode just keeps you on the same page instead of taking you to the BW039 comparison.

Thanks! Should be fixed now.

Last edited:
If you want another cartoon example, there was an episode of the 4kids TMNT cartoon, "Insane in the Membrane" that didn't air on TV because it pushed Saturday morning standards. It was later released on DVD and streamed on 4kids' website for a while, but to my knowledge it never aired on their Saturday morning block.

It was skipped in its original airing and caused some confusion...this was back in 2005.

There's a chance that the TR VS TP plot could happen again.

tpvstr.png

After the Team Rocket plot getting the Sacred Beast Forme of Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus, they could bring back the plot again. Giovanni can then start getting Team Rocket to help him with the metionite. The explosion could attract the attention of Cynthia and the gang, making them get involved.

There's a chance that the TR VS TP plot could happen again.

tpvstr.png

After the Team Rocket plot getting the Sacred Beast Forme of Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus, they could bring back the plot again. Giovanni can then start getting Team Rocket to help him with the metionite. The explosion could attract the attention of Cynthia and the gang, making them get involved.
.......Or that they rewrite the meteorite episodes to match that of BW2 plot, it turns out that said meteorite frozen the eastern part of Unova.

Also, what do you think that ShoPro would do with Genosect since the in-game Pokédex outright told us that it was made by Team Plasma.

Also, what do you think that ShoPro would do with Genosect since the in-game Pokédex outright told us that it was made by Team Plasma.

They'll probably have it created by som mad scientist or even stoop so low as to say Team Rocket made it. The fact it'll likely star in the next movie is a problem if just because the movies are they're own self-contained, one-shot stories that have almost nothing to do with the show.

And heck, since when has Shopro ever bothered to match what happens in the games with the Anime in the first place?

Gliscor'd said:
If you want another cartoon example, there was an episode of the 4kids TMNT cartoon, "Insane in the Membrane" that didn't air on TV because it pushed Saturday morning standards. It was later released on DVD and streamed on 4kids' website for a while, but to my knowledge it never aired on their Saturday morning block.

It was skipped in its original airing and caused some confusion...this was back in 2005.

Yeah, that's not what I asked for at all.

Networks skipping / banning episodes is fairly common. Re-inserting said episodes into a later part in the series and then explaining why they were skipped (natural disaster, national tragedy, etc.) is not.

Awesome job with the Team Rocket Vs. Team Plasma write-up.

There seems to be a rumor going on now that Team Plasma might appear in Best Wishes 2, but this whole disaster thing really sullied things, no matter how big or small they were going to be.

After all, it's just a couple episodes of a TV show. In the grand scheme of things, that's not so bad.

For the most part, I actually forgot all about this two-parter when all the Pokémon Black and White 2/Best Wishes 2/Conquest talk started.

I am quite content with the way Best Wishes is being handled. I even started my own habit of watching raw episodes, then subtitled, then dubbed to see what got in and what didn't because of your page.

Sorry Dogasu, I'm continuing my Sinnoh League Victors watching, and I have to call you out on this:

You on your "Togekiss! A Magnificent Battle Review page on your website said:
I hated having to watch this episode because it was so dull, and the idea that there are people out there who actually like this snoozefest of an episode baffles me.

You in the Togekiss! A Magnificent Battle Review Thread on Bulbagarden said:
I liked it. The Rocket-Dan realizing that there's nowhere to hide in that wide field was great, and the battle toward the end of the episode was fun, too. This was also an important episode for Hikari; she figured out that she needs to work around Togekiss' strengths instead of the other way around.

This episode also had some really fun animation.

Also, hooray for that second verse of "Dotchi ~ Nyo?"

:0

But I agree, I'm looking through that thread and everyone likes Togekiss. It sucks. :/

Last edited:
Has anyone ever bothered to send an e-mail to TV Tokyo asking if they have any idea of the fate of those two episodes? I mean, in my country TV stations have specific e-mail addresses for answering their public's questions, and most of the time they answer. I suppose TV Tokyo also has an e-mail address of the same kind. I'd send an e-mail to them, asking if they know anything about these postponed episodes, but I can't because I have no clue of how to read Japanese.

Has anyone ever bothered to send an e-mail to TV Tokyo asking if they have any idea of the fate of those two episodes? I mean, in my country TV stations have specific e-mail addresses for answering their public's questions, and most of the time they answer. I suppose TV Tokyo also has an e-mail address of the same kind. I'd send an e-mail to them, asking if they know anything about these postponed episodes, but I can't because I have no clue of how to read Japanese.

Someone put it (or another way to contact them) up on the "Regarding Team Plasma's Apperance in the Anime" thread, but I don't think many people have used it and I highly doubt it'll do any good.

Plus they'll likely give a non-definitive answer. "We do not know at this time."

Someone should send them an e-mail and post the answer here ( if they answer) so we could see what they respond who knows maybe they say yes or no ending this speculation about how they might respond

I'm sure a lot of people did that already, and if there was a definitive answer given, then we would have confirmation if the episodes will/will not play much earlier.

Interesting point you bring up in your update on the CDs.
Will Black 2 and White 2 have enough new music in them to fill three whole discs? Or will a lot of the tracks on this release be repeats of the ones present on the original Black & White soundtrack?

I don't think it's going to necessarily be new music, but if this trailer's anything to go by, the music's going to be remixed with new instruments, because that's not the same version of Victory is Right Before Your Eyes! as Black and White versions.

Dogasu said:
Newtype Issue (February 21st, 2011?)

The first episode title, "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan! (Part One)," is announced. Unfortunately, I didn't buy the issue of Newtype at the time and therefore can't confirm the exact issue in which this announcement was made, but I can at least deduce that it came out sometime in late February.
I can't say what magazine it was that first revealed the episode titles, but I can say for sure that it wasn't in Newtype. Newtype always releases on or around the 10th, and the February 10th issue covers up to BW22. The March 10th issue does list them, but by that time they were already known.

Back
Top Bottom