• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Ok, thank you. Someone on Serebii recently told me that it wasn't in the original so I just wanted to make sure :).

Yeah, I recall seeing that too, but couldn't find the post.

Either way, the line in the original is "用事を済ませたらすぐに帰てくるから" - "We'll come right back once we've finished our errand". The dub words it a bit differently, but the overall meaning is the same.

So Ash is a jerk in both versions lol good

Producers: Screw that, we must use birds from the newer generations for promotion!

I guess you could say Pidgeot was given the bird in favor of new birds.

They could of still gone back for her, she could of just been oaked like everybody else.

Am I too big of a Dogasu fan to notice the Koffing's "unhappy face" on the "Episode Comparisons" page is the same on from AG103, "A Cacturne for the Worse", which was only used on the "Kids' WB" airing?

@Dogasu, I also wanted to ask. At the end of DP191 on the rental DVD, did they have a BW or DP style thirty second episode preview for BW001?

Last edited:
I haven't read the BW Saga of Pokémon Adventures, yet I already KNOW it's take on the Isshu League is WAAAYY better the Anime's. Plus, I like that the Manga guys are actually TYING the Gen 5 stories together instead of (stupidly) throwing elements out to (clumsily) bring in new ones.

And does anyone else kinda think the BW Kid is making the "dat ass" face at Skyla? (Not that you can blame 'im!)

I recently read your comparison on Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! and it was an interesting read, regarding this:

, Mijumaru is a boy other than being able to boast that SEE, I TOLD YOU THERE'S NO WAY MIJUMARU COULD BE A GIRL, IT WAS SOOOOOO OBVIOUS!!!!

True, learning the genders of each Pokemon is pretty trivial and doesn't really impact anything in the story heavily, but I actually really like knowing their genders. It makes them feel more like actual characters and more than just Pokemon. It's good to get these genders confirmed outside of love episodes. I would have never guessed Mamepato to be a girl after seeing that muscle-flexing scene in the Fushide infestation episode for example.

What do you think?
I actually wouldn't be surprised. This anime has referenced other popular movies and/or shows before. The "Rocky" scene in the brother's battle episode or the Kamen Rider, Charles episode. I don't think it's out of the spectrum of belief to believe Tsutarja is a thinly-veiled reference to Boa Hancock. That gives me more of a reason to like Tsutarja. She just needs to fall in love with Yanappu and try to get a peek at his golden Seed Machine Gun to complete the reference. ;p

Oh yeah, I remember posting something about Tsutarja being a possible reference to Adam and Eve. Satoshi caught a Tsutarja in the 666th episode. Funny since she's a girl and uses Mero-Mero to subduce her opponents. Because 666 is the number of 'the devil' the snake is an iconic biblical figure of influence (Mero-Mero) and a woman influencing (attracting) men much in the manner the snake or Satan influenced Eve who attracted Adam. Maybe I'm thinking too much into the matter but it's coincidental still.

PokeSpe summary so quickly after the release of the latest chapter? What is this? I don't even. That just rocks.

Last edited:
Very glad you had a lot of fun at The Rocket-dan's Secret Live event Dogasu! :) You got to meet Megumi friggin' Hayashibara! That's amazing!

The Secret Live report is now up!!

Fennekin said:
At the end of DP191 on the rental DVD, did they have a BW or DP style thirty second episode preview for BW001?

I'll try to remember to pick that up to check for you.

gotpika said:
Oh yeah, I remember posting something about Tsutarja being a possible reference to Adam and Eve. Satoshi caught a Tsutarja in the 666th episode. Funny since she's a girl and uses Mero-Mero to subduce her opponents. Because 666 is the number of 'the devil' the snake is an iconic biblical figure of influence (Mero-Mero) and a woman influencing (attracting) men much in the manner the snake or Satan influenced Eve who attracted Adam. Maybe I'm thinking too much into the matter but it's coincidental still.

The chances of that being what they were going for are pretty much zero. For one thing, I haven't seen anyone in Japan refer to the episode as anything other than "BW 007"...this whole "let's treat everything as part of one long series instead of resetting the numbering at the start of each new series" thing is a Western mindset.

Also, I would be pretty surprised if there was anyone working on the TV series who would actually know that reference enough to make it.

I always wondered if Black2/White2 did'nt exist, the now dead team plasma 2 parters would've aired instead becasue the show did seem to start rushing the gym battles around the time period the games where released. although if I recall correctly I think I had read (maybe on your site) episodes are planned ahead months in advance, if that was the case team plasma would'nt have appeared for a while afterward. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise because the Team Plasma episode N Arc with them I think is better a bit due to N and ghetis appearing in them.

Another pointout in the timeline page. BW119 is not called "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma! Nyarth vs. Achroma!!", it's called "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma! Nyarth and Achroma!!". Can you change the "vs." to "and", please? Thanks.

So I guess this is confirmation that the Myuutwo in this movie isn't the same Myuutwo from the first movie, as much as that goes against the established continuity as it does?

Pfft! Since when have the producers really cared about continuity (unless it suits them)?

Honestly can't wait for the comparison. It'll definitely be a lot more detailed than the old one you have there.

So apparently Miyamoto's still alive then, huh? Were the voices for Fushigidanetwo, Hitokagetwo, and Zenigametwo in the drama the same as the TV series?

Rocket-Dan Woman Boss
(ロケット団女ボス)
Tsuru Hiromi
鶴 ひろみ

...I did not know this. That is very cool.

I need to relisten to this thing.

Ai
(アイ)

It's actualy suppoed to be "I". She's named after the English first person pronoun.

From Shudo: http://www.style.fm/as/05_column/shudo211.shtml
Code:
 『ミューツーの逆襲』の前編にあたるラジオドラマ(CDになっている)「ミューツーの誕生」の中で出てきたクローンの女の子・アイの時に思いついたアイデアだった。
  「ミューツーの誕生」のプロット段階では、アイの名はミーだった。
  しかし、脚本上で、ミーをアイに変えた。
  もちろん語源は「私」のI・MY・MEだが、ミーはアイより語感的に自己主張が強い感じがしたのだ。
  はかないクローンの女の子には、ミーよりアイのほうが似合っているような気がして変えた(...)

Last edited:
MizuTaipu said:
So apparently Miyamoto's still alive then, huh?

Yeah, it's amazing how much more more of this you understand when you actually know Japanese :p

I think the last time I listened to the radio drama prior to making this site update was...ten years ago?

Were the voices for Fushigidanetwo, Hitokagetwo, and Zenigametwo in the drama the same as the TV series?

No credit is given for their voices in the radio drama, but they sound the same to me.

Adamant said:
It's actualy suppoed to be "I". She's named after the English first person pronoun.

I addressed that under the "Notes" section.

Back
Top Bottom