• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I think it was Dogasu himself who pointed out that based on how the production of this show works the staff had already planned up to about the subway 2-parter when these episodes were postponed. There *could* have been something planned, maybe small scenes that were cut early on so they didn't disrupt the flow of their respective episodes, but nothing big.

Maybe those possible small scenes were leading to something after the subway episodes but it's impossible to say one way or another.

Now I am surprised. Though it's impossible to know for sure if those summaries aren't fake, they are fairly coherent, enough to have me believe them.
Maybe before those episodes were banned some foreign dubs received them, even if only the script. I have no doubt that some dubs start working on the script of the episodes even before they air in Japan, so maybe whoever wrote those summaries was lucky enough to have gotten the script of the episode.
All I can say is that now I have some sense of closure regarding this dark aspect of the Pokémon history. Whether this is true or not, it will be true in my headcanon, so that I can finally move on from this. What a relief :p
(I am obviously exaggerating now, I fully understand and support the reasons why they were banned, but I remember being so excited for the episodes and then being so sad after they were banned that this now feels like healing)

Congratulations! I'm glad that you accomplished the goal you set for last year, the comparisons were very fun to read.

That Switch prediction was...wild. I don't believe the Stars rumour anymore after seeing the bull*** Eurogamer pulled for not being totally right, and it would be a bad move financially, as Switch owners who didn't own a 3DS aren't in a rush to get a Gen 7 game anymore. Also, you described it as a game easy to produce, why would they say "2018 or later" if it was that way? They'd better use their resources for a new generation.

I agree with the anime's pacing, but concerning the TRio thing I think it's better to wait. There's a lot of people inside the crew that still love them.

The movie being delayed...I don't understand, everything seems to be okay. There's Avengers 4, but I'm sure that they are already aware about it. I agree with the Switch port.

You didn't say anything about other spin-offs. I think we will see a global release of PokeLand in May-June, and something for the Switch in September-October (nothing too innovative, maybe even Picross).

Dude, why you gotta make such depressing predictions? :cry:
I can expect to live a good 50-60 years after SM finishes, what will I fill my life with if the TRio are gone?!

What makes you say that SM will be the last series with the Rockets? :( Them being absent on Akala?

I think maybe you could start on Orange Islands comparisons but not on a weekly basis? Don't let all your free time be based on this site. :/ Revamping the rest of the first series movies would be great to see as well.

What makes you say that SM will be the last series with the Rockets? :( Them being absent on Akala?

Not to mention being absent in Mele-Mele part of the time.

Though I find that laughable. Saying the TRio will leave is like saying Ash and Pikachu will leave. Hell, they TRIED to get rid of them in BW and look how that turned out.

Though I'm holding out hope for a variation of Rainbow Rocket until the series is over. They'll have to so SOMETHING to kill time until the League, or after it. I'm especially intrigued about your prediction about the League. While December sounds like a good time, what will happen afterwards? Another filler arc like the Orange Islands, the Battle Frontier, or Decalore Archipelago (Arceus help us)?

Also, what makes you think they'll push the Detective Pikachu Movie to a later date? o_O

Last edited:
I am glad Dawn isn't a constant of a never-ending show, because she would have grown stale and lost her character. I am a big Brock fan and I was happy he left after DP because of staleness.

Why does he think Trio is leaving? I'm not watching SM, so I don't know what's happening, but after 20 years on the show they're leaving? Especially after BW, the series that seemed the most the Rockets were being written out.

In my opinion if you skip Orange Islands I wouldn't mind xD

(That funny Dogas plush with a cigarette on its mouth made my day xDDDD)

I really can't see another Alola game for the Switch. I know that there are a lot of ports of Wii U game for the Switch, but I thought that was because the console wasn't particularly successful and they wanted to bring over popular games over to a system that is successful. The 3DS was pretty successful, so I don't see why they'd want to port over a Pokemon game over to the Switch. Not to mention I can't see the Switch's first main series Pokemon title being another return trip to Alola. It would make much more sense for the system's first main series title to be the start of a new generation. It would attract a lot more attention and be more profitable. I agree that the next generation won't come out this year, but I don't see the advantage of putting out another third version title on the Switch. It makes more sense for them to skip the year in terms of a main series title and focus on the Switch game.

I also don't know how SM could be Team Rocket's last series. Aside from hardly being present in the Akala Island arc, their presence hasn't gotten noticeably weaker, at least as far as I can tell. Plus, given how things turned out in BW, I have a hard time picturing the writers getting rid of Team Rocket. The League starting in December is possible, but I think that there's a decent chance that they could do a Team Rainbow Rocket arc. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, especially when they don't tend to cover post-storyline content too often, but it would give them something more to do before going into the next generation.

I can definitely see why you would believe the Rockets will be written out after this series but I'm not sure I'm quite there yet. But who knows, 6 months from now could be an entirely different story

After that "Rocket-dan's final battle" propaganda turning out to be a big lie, I can't see Trio leaving anytime soon, if ever (unless the writers rework Rainbow Rocket to be the average Rockets, and give a closure to the team as a whole).

I wonder if there's any chance GF's gonna kickstart the Switch Pokemon saga with remakes of DP. I mean, lots of people expected that and got disappointed when USUM was announced, and looking through TCP's reaction then (promising a new one to the home console) I wouldn't be surprised we get a DP remake before Gen 8 becomes a thing.

Actually I like the idea of Rainbow Rocket being re-worked to be a sendoff for the trio. Especially because Musashi and Kojiro are both gay as hell

---

I would be SO MAD if the first Switch games were remakes of the worst generation

But that's a rant for another day :p

As much as people wanted D/P remakes, I can't see those being the first games on the Switch either. It's more likely than another game set in Alola, but it still wouldn't attract the same kind of attention as a new generation would. I also can't see them announcing a Switch title in development only for it to turn out to be a remake. We'll get a D/P remake for the Switch eventually, but I doubt it would be before the next generation happens.

As much as people wanted D/P remakes, I can't see those being the first games on the Switch either. It's more likely than another game set in Alola, but it still wouldn't attract the same kind of attention as a new generation would. I also can't see them announcing a Switch title in development only for it to turn out to be a remake. We'll get a D/P remake for the Switch eventually, but I doubt it would be before the next generation happens.

I am a Sinnoh fan but I wouldn't buy a Switch for a remake.
Also, I already have Platinum on my 3DS.

Do they really keep them to avoid fan backlash? I mean, fan backlash didn't stop them from writing out Misty and Serena.

Well,
1. Fan backlash only counts if they're in the target temo. And in this case, the majority of the target demo for Advance and SM clearly didn't have any serious objections to said cast members. Sure old timers like us :)-)) might get the occasional bone, but it's important to remember that those who give the heavy backlash isn't in the age range of interest.

2. Since the Raikou special there of course has been material focusing on new characters, departing characters or reoccurring cast members. I'm guessing they do okay as they've done a special after each season to focus on a departing cast member and the relatively recent Mega Evolution episodes, but maybe not bringing in the same amount of money and ratings of the main anime.

Last edited:
Fan backlash aside, I honestly believe there may be some internal conflict about wether keeping the TRio or not. Unlike most other characters, I doubt abandoning them at the end of a series would be an easy, unanimous agreement between whoever are in charge of that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom