• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Doki Doki Battling Club - Halloween 2023 Event Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there are many theories presented in this thread as to where and when. As I hold the self-declared role of Certified Nemona Scholar (tm) (Yes, I'm still doing this even though my degree is definitely not accredited), I will take on the task of rounding them up.

We have:
  • The NK incident
  • The faked justification of "Nemona's existence", as per the threadmark from just after her "death"
That's it? Huh. I thought there would have been more.

Also, something interesting has happened before the announcement of that thing, thus taking away the surprise for all involved.
The Nemona badges have been updated, replacing the original downscaled Nemona art with pixel art more reminiscent of regular badges. Which... breaks the storytelling of the event because these are now bespoke specialized assets rather than something "Nemona" cobbled together from existing parts. What was the point of barring people from deleting posts and therefore modifying the story out of spite if the story was going to be modified in the first place? And no, I'm not using them, no matter how fancy they look. I locked my Nemona badges away in the depths of my profile for a reason, and shiny baubles are not changing my opinion of this.

There's still a question that should be answered before that!

Quasar_Catfish:
If Nemona didn't have the powers to do so, and supposedly base level Mods don't have the power either, I'm curious as to who changed my Custom Title and profile. (Not that I'm upset about it as I explicitly asked for it).

Also, the announcement about the change that I spoiled probably needs to be made.

Also, should there be a banner announcement directing people to the post-mortem if they are wondering about what happened to "Nemona"? (In the small but possible scenario of being here during October 22-28, and then didn't show up at any point to read the post-mortem and learn of the deception?) I have a hunch that sliding into a "Nemona" discussion with my usual "I have a Threadmark" antics isn't a good idea.

I've locked replies on this thread, and it will be archived in approximately 24 hours. We do appreciate the feedback, but it has gotten repetitive to the point where we don't feel like we still need this thread dedicated to it anymore. If you have any further feedback or questions, you are welcome to use the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page or PM me. If I don't know the answer to your question immediately I will try to find out for you.

Quasar_Catfish said:
If Nemona didn't have the powers to do so, and supposedly base level Mods don't have the power either, I'm curious as to who changed my Custom Title and profile. (Not that I'm upset about it as I explicitly asked for it).
Since this was flagged as something that needed to be answered, here's my quick answer. Anyone with super mod or admin-level powers has the ability to change user titles and other profile elements. I'm not sure who exactly was responsible for this particular change; I have thoughts on who it might have been but really it could have been a variety of staff members. Quasar, feel free to reach out if for some reason you need to know exactly who it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom