• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Dokimeki Diary

Reaction score
The trailer for the new series that was released today revealed that "Dokimeki Diary" will be the opening theme for the new series (at 0:17).

The singer, asmi, is best known for her songs "PAKU" and "Yowanehaki", which trended on TikTok and YouTube:
Anime, games, stuffed animals. When I think back to when I dreamed of a world where Pokémon existed back in grade school, there's no better future than this.
At the beginning, when it was decided that I would sing the theme song, I harboured some anxiety, but I am becoming more confident day by day. Now, I have the confidence to that the only one who can sing this song is myself as I am now, continuing to walk forward despite this anxiety that I have. From the bottom of my heart, I'm very happy to be able to join you with this new Pokémon anime story.
I sang with all my strength, so that this song would encourage you with an "It's okay! Take care!" when you freeze up with fear.
Being sensitive to the fast beating of your heart with excitement, I want you to believe in yourself, and embark on your journey in high spirits. May the exciting diary ("Dokimeki Diary") always continue to resound in your heart.

The producer, Chinozo, is a Vocaloid producer best known for his song "Goodbye Sengen":
Nice to meet you.
I'm known as Chinozo, and I had the honour of producing the opening for the new Pokémon anime. In my own way, I put my fullest feelings into writing this song, "Dokimeki Diary."
I've loved Pokémon ever since I was a child, and it still feels like I'm in a dream having been asked to write the theme song.
I really love all of the Pokémon theme songs, and I can't count how many lives they've helped. With these sorts of feelings, I am truly honoured to be involved in this sort of project.
Please look forward to the new Pokémon anime series!

asmi will be performing the full version of the song as part of the Pocket Monsters Music Festival next Friday on March 31, with Chinozo making a guest appearance.

The title has a nice ring to it but what I can hear of the actual song sounds kinda generic. Although a bit catchy too, I'll admit.

Yeah, TPCI would never pay anyone any royalties, if they had power to do so.

Here's the lyrics:
JapaneseRomaji
ドッキドキメキ気流に私は乗っている
きっとね

なんか言葉にできないこと
ちょっと心の臓騒がすこと
なんとなく今日を照らすこと
ちょっと好みの花 見つけた!

白い霧ばかりエブリデイ
探したいもとさえ探せないよ uh
わくわくしたそうなダイアリ
知らんぷりして放り出すなんて
ライヤイヤイヤイヤ…

やるせなかったハート
WOWOW
「でも、だけど」→「きっと、可能性あり」
気持ちいい風に浮遊して
うんとすっとちょっともっといつかは
飛べたらいいな!

ドッキドキメキ気流に私は乗っている!
きっとね イエイエイ
分からない物語にビビらないで
キラキラ空想に世界が踊る!
笑って イエイエイ
縮こまってる時間はないな
私を知りたい!
何もかもがまだ分からないないないない
私を見つけたい!
いってきますを声にできたなら
ちょっとだけ大人になったかもね

ちゃっちゃかちゃか深呼吸
優しくあるたびに失速
つまんない筆跡は夢がない
ちょっと嫌いな自分 見つけた

黒い霧覆うエブリデイ
雨に打たれて帰りたくなるの oh
わくわくしたそうなダイアリ
少し浮かれて走り出すなんて
まぁいいやいいやいいやいいや

シャカリキでいくハート
WOWOW お気にのアクセは無くしたくないの
WOWOW まだ何もわかっちゃいないんだ
WOWOW 好きって気持ちに向かいたい
あの星のように輝きたい ah

ドッキドキメキ気流に私は酔っている!
やっぱね イエイエイ
答えのない世界で生きてるせいです
未来は優秀にあっても変わんないし
叫んで イエイエイ
私らしく体現!
ドッキドキメキ気流を乗り越えた先には
イエイエイ
分からない物語が待っている
小さな勇気で何かを変えよう!

ねえ、大切な話があるんだ
此処にない探しものがあるんだ
だから旅に出ます
そのうち帰ります

ちょっとだけ大人になったかもね
Dokkidokimeki kiryuu ni watashi wa notteiru
Kitto ne

Nanka kotoba ni dekinai koto
Chotto shinnozou sawagasu koto
Nantonaku kyou o terasu koto
Chotto konomi no hana mitsuketa!

Shiroi kiri bakari eburidei
Sagashitai moto sae sagasenai yo uh
Wakuwaku shita sou na daiari
Shiranpuri shite houridasu nante
Raiyaiyaiyaiya…

Yarusenakatta haato
WOWOW
"Demo, dakedo" → "Kitto, kanousei ari"
Kimochi ii kaze ni fuyuu shite
Unto sutto chotto motto itsuka wa
Tobetara ii na!

Dokkidokimeki kiryuu ni watashi wa notteiru!
Kitto ne ieiei
Wakaranai monogatari ni bibiranai de
Kirakira kuusou ni sekai ga odoru!
Waratte ieiei
Chijikomatteru jikan wa nai na
Watashi o shiritai!
Nanimokamo ga mada wakaranai nai nai nai
Watashi o mitsuketai!
Ittekimasu o koe ni dekita nara
Chotto dake otona ni natta kamo ne

Chatchakachaka shinkokyuu
Yasashiku aru tabi ni shissoku
Tsumannai hisseki wa yume ga nai
Chotto kirai na jibun mitsuketa

Kuroi kiri oou eburidei
Ame ni utarete kaeritaku naru no oh
Wakuwaku shita sou na daiari
Sukoshi ukarete hashiridasu nante
Maa iiya iiya iiya iiya

Shakariki de iku haato
WOWOW Okini no akuse wa nakushitakunai no
WOWOW Mada nanimo wakatcha inainda
WOWOW Sukitte kimochi ni mukaitai
Ano hoshi no you ni kagayakitai ah

Dokkidokimeki kiryuu ni watashi wa yotteiru!
Yappa ne ieiei
Kotae no nai sekai de ikiteru sei desu
Mirai wa yuushuu ni atte mo kawannai shi
Sakende ieiei
Watashi rashiku taigen!
Dokkidokimeki kiryuu o norikoeta saki ni wa
Ieiei
Wakaranai monogatari ga matteiru
Chiisana yuuki de nanika o kaeyou!

Nee, taisetsu na hanashi ga arunda
Koko ni nai sagashimono ga arunda
Dakara tabi ni demasu
Sono uchi kaerimasu

Chotto dake otona ni natta kamo ne

Last edited:
The song is cool and fits the series, but the visuals were missing something. The only surprises were a Quaxly being on the ship (which was shown earlier in episode 2) the split second debuts of Wattrel and Paldean Wooper. Also, some scenes like the "wowowo" or the one where Rod looks at the sky could have shown more Pokemon. At least it seems it will only cover the first arc so there's hope it will be changed soon.

The song is cool and fits the series, but the visuals were missing something. The only surprises were a Quaxly being on the ship (which was shown earlier in episode 2) the split second debuts of Wattrel and Paldean Wooper. Also, some scenes like the "wowowo" or the one where Rod looks at the sky could have shown more Pokemon. At least it seems it will only cover the first arc so there's hope it will be changed soon.

It's a first opening. They never tell us much beyond the basic premise of the story.

Later ones will be juicier.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom