• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dolce's Sweet Sketches

Dolce

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
Drawing is very soothing for me, so I draw when I can. But I really don't draw nearly as much as I used to.

As for a little bit of information about myself as an artist, as of now I purely do traditional work. While I know a few things here and there with art programs and the like, I do not consider myself a graphic artist at all.

For the sake of improvement though, I do appreciate any and all critiques. Really don't hold back, be critical. I could always use the advice for future pieces!

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿​

I guess I'll start with the oldest work and work my way up to the newer stuff. So this first post will be part 1 with all the old stuff.

First up is this random Caterpie! I wanted to draw, and color the most perfect Caterpie ever, but I murdered it cause I had absolutely no idea what to do for the background and pressed down too hard. Oh well. xD

Caterpie_zps38f55d5f.jpg

Next up is something I did for an English project in high school. And iirc we had to pick out a character(s) from Macbeth and write 10 dairy entries as them, and create a diary cover as well. So I went with the 3 witches. And since they had no names I named them Wisteria, Nemorosa, and Jessamine. I forget why.

WisteriaJessamineNemorosa_zps5fc2a392.jpg

Now this lady has no intriguing back story whatsoever. :D Cause I drew her when I had a detention because I was late to class. Seriously my high school was stingy with that but whatever. xD

YukataLady_zps2415305d.jpg

This ones just a random drawing of a character from Shugo Chara named Kusukusu.

Kusukusu_zps8dba2f94.jpg

And when I was in high school....no lie I had a weird "pen only" phrase where I drew in nothing but pen. So the following drawings are a result of that.

This is a drawing of my favorite Touhou character Eirin Yagokoro done in pen. It's plain and simple with no background but it's still one of my favorites till this day mainly cause I love Eirin, and the whole Imperishable Night game from Touhou. ♥

EirinYagokoro_zpsbfdae4d9.jpg

The next one is another Touhou character named Parsee Mizuhashi.

ParseeMizuhashi_zps8bfc0b41.jpg

This drawing is just a simple head sketch of Nel from Bleach. Nothing much other than I love how adorable Nel can be so I wanted to draw her. xD

Nel_zpsb5a1a306.jpg

The following drawings are some characters from Negima!? drawn in their suka forms. Which are basically animal like Chibis. :p

This trio would be Nodoka Miyazaki, Haruna Saotome, and Yue Ayase. The library trio. With Haruna in the middle cause she's awesome. :>

HarunaYueNodakaSukas_zpse4ca7b17.jpg

This one is a drawing of Asuna Kagurazaka, and Ayaka Yukihiro bickering. Just cause I love how close these two are. ♥

AsunaAyakaSukas_zps56f562ec.jpg

Next up are Ku Fei, and Satomi Hakase. Both too cute to resist imo. ;D

KuFeiSuka_zpsd6e33eeb.jpg
SatomiSuka_zpsc0dee14a.jpg

And I believe this drawing is the last of my weird pen phase, but anyways this is Haku Yowane a Vocaloid. I ended up drawing her because a friend and I were having a contest to see who drew more like the other. And what's too bad for her was that I can't be beat. :p

HakuYowane_zps08efac56.jpg

This drawing was from a shop project where we had to draw three different animals with 3 different kinds of materials. And this one of a Wagtail was the only one I ever finished for that project. And it's done in pencil ofc. :p

Wagtail_zps4dd516f7.jpg

Another shop project was making a children's book. So a friend and I decided on a counting book. And this is the first page from it. It's a character from an American Tail named Tiger.

Tiger_zpsa876da9c.jpg

This is some random scenery done with acrylic paints.

SceneryArcylic_zps986edc76.jpg

Some work that was done in charcoal, and chalk which looks horrible imo...but oh well.

StillLifeCharcoal_zpsadf279e8.jpg

Last edited:
Next up is my OC, who I named Erin Vine. She's a Professor in training, and Professor Ivy's niece.

raHMh.png

This image is of Meenah Peixes from Homestuck all colored, and whatnot.

MeenahPeixes_zpsce8b2e8b.png

And these next three is an OC of mine dressed up in some Pokemon costumes. The first being a witch-like Mismagius, a nurse Blissey, and a maid Glameow.

Mismagius_zps84de4cab.jpg
Blissey_zps4749f3c1.jpg

Glameow_zps490ff994.jpg

And now the last of the drawings! Which is a mummified Meowth.

MummifiedMeowth_zps92d0f070.png

Last edited:
Re: Erin's Random Sketches

I must applaud you. Your arts be fabulous :D lol. Im especially loving that first one. the caterpie :D All are amazing but that ones "The most perfect Caterpie ever" :D

I must applaud you. Your arts be fabulous :D lol. Im especially loving that first one. the caterpie :D All are amazing but that ones "The most perfect Caterpie ever" :D

Thanks Ebony. xD Hope you like part 2 which I just edited in now. :p

Other than that I can believe I forgot to add my entry to the art contest. *faceplants* Well anyways here it is again. These 3 are also OC's of mine.

dRoV7.jpg

Last edited:

They look great :D I noticed u draw mostly girls though. I kinda do the same thing but guys instead. tis hard to get girls right for me.

They look great :D I noticed u draw mostly girls though. I kinda do the same thing but guys instead. tis hard to get girls right for me.

Ohhh good eye. :3c And yes that's true. Though I have drawn some guys before, I'm still not good at drawing them. Cause anatomy can be a pain at times imo. But you know what they say "practice makes perfect". So I have no intentions on giving up even though I don't draw as much nowadays. x)

.-. These are good, what are you talking about? I can't even draw...

See I told you that your art was awesome :p it looks great nina, and now I really do want you to do art for my fic :p

Only if I get paid. >:| Kidding. xD If I feel nice I'll do you a favor cause you praised me and your a good friend ofc. :p

.-. These are good, what are you talking about? I can't even draw...

Thank you for the compliment. :)

Cool beans. Your anatomy is awesome. And I love the plushies. xD

Thanks for sharing all your stuff. :D

Wow. The anime is much better than I could ever do. It's amazing.

I meant to bump this ages ago (maybe like 2 years ago even), but I've got a lot of new art to share because of the almost two year gap that's passed by. Plus it's always nice to see the old work when compared to the new work. It shows how much a person's art has changed. And I do feel like I improved over the years, so I hope it shows!

Okay first up is a bunch of skulls, and bones. Apparently learning how the human skeletal and muscular system work helps with an understanding of anatomy according to the class I took, and I guess it's true even if I myself don't see it.

Skulls (approx. 4 1/2 hours per sketch):
Skull-Front_zps1cc05b97.jpg

Skull-Side_zps58ad8796.jpg

Ribcage (approx. 5 hours):
Image_000012_zps121d9dc5.jpg

Arm and Leg Skeletal/Muscular Anatomy (approx. 2-3 hour per sketch):
W3A2_BestDrawing_zps175cbaf2.jpg

Image_00001_zpsd611a0cc.jpg

Hand bones (approx. 2 1/2 hours):
Hand-Bone_zps74368211.jpg

Foot bones (approx. 2 1/2 hours):
Foot-Bone_zps41095087.jpg

The following are some shading exercises I did in my basic drawing class:

Circle (approx. 45 mins):
Circle_zps0cdbec22.jpg

Eggs (approx. 2 hours):
Eggs_zps47107d60.jpg

And the following drawing is a gesture drawing that only took me 15 minutes to do, but it looks pretty neat though. In my opinion anyways.
W1A2-Revision_zpsa95eabfd.jpg

Next time I'll try to post and something cuter hopefully, but maybe you all will find the bones cool. xD

Ooh, you're pretty good, Dolce! You certainly draw anime-style characters really well. ^^ And I wish I was as good with facial expressions as you are. Sometimes I just can't get my characters to show emotion even though I'm told I create good characters. xP

I took drawing classes in school as well, btw, but my assignments never looked as good as yours. So lucky. Though, I do recall that I had done so well in perspective drawing that my teacher used my picture as an example for the class, and she was a professional artist herself!

Thanks for the kind words Kelleo! And honestly my assignments take me hours on hours sometimes, getting something right in general is always a challenge really. Especially if you can't pinpoint how to draw certain expressions and whatnot. :p

Don't worry, I know how you feel. Some of my artworks take hours upon hours to do as well because I keep correcting errors and messing up in trying to get something to look right. xP

Your drawings are really cool, well done. For Professor Erin and the pixie, did you use MSPaint or what?

Nope I used Paint Tool Sai. And thank you. <3

I haven't posted anything in forever... so here are some renders of a scene I'm developing in autodesk maya for my 3d modeling class.

OCroYla.jpg

m4aPh36.jpg

It's supposed to be a studio like apartment in the works. But I'm a totally clueless when using maya so it's not that great. :p

Awesome! I love the Pencil test! (Also I applaud you for figuring out Maya to any degree since I basically scroll around trying to figure out how to make a sphere)

Very nice Dolce! How is Maya by the way? I've been thinking of learning how to use it and such XD

Back
Top Bottom