• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DonTacosKun's Art Thread

DonTacosKun

Reaction score
Hello everyone, you could say i'm new.
I've had this account for a very long time, and finally decided to try to be share some art.
So to begin with this i would like to share with the community some artwork based on fan made content from the Pokémon franchise that i like or have nostalgic value (Fanfics, hackroms, etc.) i always tought it would be great to see artwork made for those projects or do my own interpretation.

POKÉMON QUARTZ
Pokémon Quartz was like the first hackrom made for Pokémon Ruby made by Baro in the early 00's, the fakémon design its...well, particular. But it was the first one to be fully completed. the amout of nostalgia that i have for that game is immeasurable.

RAN KABUCHI
The female trainer of the hackrom, i tried to do the colors like in the official Pokémon artwork, but i think it could be better.

190 - Pokemon Quartz Ran.jpg

POKÉMON THE KEN SERIES FANFIC
Originally known as "Pokémon la serie de Ken" (it's a spanish fanfic) made by mew2. I really have very few memories of it and remembered it recently, so i gave it a shot. It's interesting to see how the generation of the first Pokémania grew in the first years of the 00's and wanted a more edgy content and this fanfic was made in response. The main characters are Ken, a trainer that doesn't care about the colateral damage and Natasha an Ash Ketchum fan trying to follow his steps.

KEN
For this design i tried to homologate everything from the fanarts i found from its time and do something consistent. Call it a tribute for those fanarts.
Ken.jpg

NATASHA
I took the only artwork that said it was the "original character design" and just did it on a style similar to the franchise art.
Natasha 1.jpg

The interesting thing that i read is that seems to be a division of what Natasha looks like, and i took the other designs i found and just changed the color and tried to gave her a style that homologates the artworks that depicted her as a blonde girl. which side are you?
Natasha 2.jpg

POKÉMON CORAL
Recently i played a hackrom called "Pokémon Coral" based on Pokémon Crystal, so the inspiration came and i had to do a interpretation of how the trainers would look like if it was a main series game. Took a lot of research and observation from the original artwork to gave it a good feeling to the color.
Pokemon Coral Trainer.png

POKÉMON TCG
I just love Pokémon TCG for GBC, so i always dreamed about a remake with more polished artwork. so this is concept of how could it be if the designs would follow the actual art style, but using the original designs (took from the official artwork of the TCG games).

Mark, the protagonist.
Mark

Mint, the second protagonist from TCG2
Mint

Ronald the rival from the game
Ronald

ORIGINAL CONTENT
idk, just wanted to share

Flying Type Girl Trainer Concept
I found some comics that i drew on junior high school, and found this character design, so i tried to do a redesign with my actual skills.
I think is a good design, and apparently i drew her to be gym leader Winona's little sister. (i don't remember to much details, like the name).
197 - Flying Type Girl Trainer Concept Character Sheet.jpg

If i do more things i would be updating the thread.

Edit:

Router 111 desert R/S

Illustration2 FINAL.jpg

Last edited:
Hello there, and welcome (formally) to Bulbagarden! I’ve got some comments for you below:

RAN KABUCHI
The female trainer of the hackrom, i tried to do the colors like in the official Pokémon artwork, but i think it could be better.
I definitely didn’t expect to see her here, or anywhere, haha! It’s nice to see that people still remember that absolutely crazy hack. There were some genuinely good things about it, including the protagonists’ designs, Ran included. Some says that she resembles Serena from canon, which I don’t particularly buy… but I digress. Anyways, this is a pretty nice representation of her!

KEN
For this design i tried to homologate everything from the fanarts i found from its time and do something consistent. Call it a tribute for those fanarts.
If we’re going to do “plain” trainer designs à la Hilbert, Calem, and OG!Sun, let them be like this, haha. Simple but not boring.

NATASHA
I took the only artwork that said it was the "original character design" and just did it on a style similar to the franchise art.

The interesting thing that i read is that seems to be a division of what Natasha looks like, and i took the other designs i found and just changed the color and tried to gave her a style that homologates the artworks that depicted her as a blonde girl. which side are you?
The latter would make for a fine winter outfit, but overall I think I’m Team Brunette! Seems like a more natural outfit to wear in a more weather-neutral season (like spring or autumn).

POKÉMON CORAL
Recently i played a hackrom called "Pokémon Coral" based on Pokémon Crystal, so the inspiration came and i had to do a interpretation of how the trainers would look like if it was a main series game. Took a lot of research and observation from the original artwork to gave it a good feeling to the color.
It’s scary how close these look to official artwork. Only the line work gives it away a little bit, I think (particularly with the faces more than anything else). But again, it’s close!

Flying Type Girl Trainer Concept
I found some comics that i drew on junior high school, and found this character design, so i tried to do a redesign with my actual skills.
I think is a good design, and apparently i drew her to be gym leader Winona's little sister. (i don't remember to much details, like the name).
The main observation I have here is that, contrary to what you might’ve intended, this trainer actually looks like they could easily be an Elite Four member or something. Perhaps because the eye design makes them look a bit older in my opinion, and the clothing seems eccentric and wild enough to me that it doesn’t look like it would belong to just any old trainer, you know? Sure, there are plenty of strange regular trainer designs out there, but you really have to earn the right to get away with something like this, haha.

Where on Earth have you been all this time with all of this talent? Welcome (again) to Bulbagarden, haha, and please, feel free to post more!

Hi, thank you people!
Came for the art style, stayed for the Winona sister.
Hi, thank you. something on my younger self it's really happy to read that. :bulbaLove:

Hello there, and welcome (formally) to Bulbagarden! I’ve got some comments for you below:
Thank you so much for your comments, it was very nice to read all your thoughts.
Pokémon Quartz came with a ton of refreshing ideas from its time, and is pretty wild to me to this day not to see more recognition for it (fanart, threads, videos), seems like it's getting little by little lost in the time.

About the designs for Ken and Natasha i tried to keep the concept "these guys are like gen 2 trainers, so keep it simple and functional" (the design of the shoes gives me away)

For the Pokémon Coral trainers thanks for pointing it out, i would have it in consideration on the next time and try to have even more a look-a-like style.

And finally the design of the flying girl trainer, when i saw the original drawing it had potential to me, but i didn't tough anything more, you have a point right there. hahaha.
Gonna left this here just if anyone has curiosity about the original drawing.

197 - Flying Type Girl Trainer Concept Character original.jpg

Long time didn't post anything. but i would like to share this drawing i did recently.

Router 111 desert
I'm not very good with backgrounds, so i tried to challenge myself with a "easy" one. The sandstorm in the background was a last minute addition, but i think it turned out good.
Illustration2 FINAL.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom