• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dora the Explorer dolls get controversial new look

Do you like Dora's new 'Teenage' look?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell happened to boots then? He's probaly turned into something totally different. Like a walrus.LOLZ. I guess they'll turn the show into an anime. Episode 25-Dora and the Hungry Alligator-Part Three

explanation.jpg

I completely agree.

(yay, my 100th post)

I wonder if her eyes will still be creepy?

I don't mind it but I don't like it as much.
I'm sure my Dora obsessed friend will have something to say about this.

Will Map become Globe?

When there's a place you wanna go/I'm the one you need to know/I'm the App etc

OMG, lol!

Anyways, my little sister absolutely adores this show, I wonder if little kids are even gonna notice...

I have to say one thing: what about the current and new-to-the-show preschoolers? Why should Dora have to change for them?

I have to say one thing: what about the current and new-to-the-show preschoolers? Why should Dora have to change for them?
My random idea is that there will now be two Dora the Explorer shows: the current one on Nick Jr. (is it... still going on? I don't know any preschoolers, so I have no idea) and a new show starring Tween Dora.

Although maybe I'm not something, but I don't see anything about this new toy brand affecting the cartoon. Not that big a deal.

Is it just a new toy brand? They gave an awful lot of backstory for this to just be a new line of dolls. Sounds like there'll be a show to go with this to me.

Dora's Sexy Teenage Adventures! Boots is now her hunky and vapid human boyfriend. Everything in the original series was a dream.

Voici les grandes personnes, tout le monde!
No, seriously, I think this is a mistake.
Something bad is bound to happen to everyone involved.
For Christ sake, why are they ditching her old look for... THAT!? Those FOOLS!
That is all.

Voici les grandes personnes, tout le monde!
No, seriously, I think this is a mistake.
Something bad is bound to happen to everyone involved.
For Christ sake, why are they ditching her old look for... THAT!? Those FOOLS!
That is all.

i agree it's a mistake and they need to keep her the way she is for the preschoolers and kindergadeners. (note: my baby sis like Dora and she is in the first grade)

The problem with this is little girls need role models, positive girls who don't dress slutty, and Dora was one of those. They're pretty much killing that with this redesign.

Usually I don't side with "concerned parents", but this is one of those times. I thought Dora was the only thing immune to being turned into a Bratz lookalike. I was wrong.

Because I highly doubt she'll be doing any 'exploring' in a short skirt and ballerina pumps of all things.
Highly ironic coming from a fan of a game series that includes two female characters who wear much shorter skirts while exploring caves, mountains, marshes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom