• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 World

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 World Championships

The official Japanese website for Pokémon Black and White Versions 2 has announced that there will be a special tournament download for the Pokémon World Tournament in Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, starting June 29, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 Wo

That's pretty cool to give gym leaders teams that were used at the championships IRL.

A better use for wifi than the rumors about certain gym leaders themselves being DLC after that Corocoro issue came out.

Re: Download for Pokémon World Tournament revealed: Tournament to be based on 2012 Wo

I want real world champions of world tournaments to get in-game sprites and real teams for battle!

That's pretty cool to give gym leaders teams that were used at the championships IRL.

A better use for wifi than the rumors about certain gym leaders themselves being DLC after that Corocoro issue came out.

The teams won't be given to Gym Leaders; a batch of new Trainers will be given them. The Gym Leaders have their own teams.

This has actually been done before, in Pokemon Stadium.

That has been confirmed to happen as shown in an IGN article called Special Prize Announced for Pokémon World Championship and I've added this information to the Bulbanews article in an update.

So my guess was right about Game Freak being able to put new sprites in the games...though I had assumed Gym Leaders were being held off and we were going to get redesigns, but this is fine too.

I'm not sure about that. The press release says nothing about putting the actual winners as downloads, only the Pokemon teams they used.

Press release: Crunchyroll - America's Elite Pokémon Players Take On The World In Hawaii

There's probably a way to clarify this, has anyone downloaded what they are distributing for the Japanese games and see if they use new sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom