• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

DP 164 Pochama!

WindBlast

Purgatorio
Reaction score
Episode 164 is revealed XD
From Dengeki
http://imepita.jp/20100119/667130
Apparently,Pochama will be lost due to being beaten up by fukamaru's Draco Meteor.
eh,hopefully he learns a new move!

(All credits are for Slowkingsley from Serebi forums).

V Faction

Froakin' Hilarious.
Reaction score
Doubtful. Sounds like Draco Meteor backfires again and this time it's a doozy, so much so that it sends Piplup off into the wild blue yonder, lost and hopeless.

WindBlast

Purgatorio
Reaction score
Wait so Gible and Piplup are gonna battle? I'm confused.
Oh,i'm sorry if i confused you,i meant that Pochama will be beaten by Fukamaru's "non perfected" draco meteor again, and that would set him away from the group.
Sorry for the confusion^^

Magmaster12

Reaction score
Piplup lost again!

I'm really getting sick of these episodes Dawn should either put a leash on piplup or keep it in it's pokeball.

dman_dustin

Reaction score
Copy/Paste

I think the only redeeming factor is that Piplup might learn a new move something to counter Draco Meteor. Otherwise its just another lost episode, and I agree with whoever says it should be Dawn's other Pokemon that gets lost. But this episode just reinforces the idea that they're not speeding up at all.

And really draco meteor may be responsible but it's neither Ash's nor Gible's fault, it's not like they can control it where it goes when it lands.

That said if this is the last episode where draco meteor hits Piplup, I give props to the writers for making it a gag with a culminating episode such as this. Of course that doesn't change the fact that's another "Piplup" and "Lost" episode.

Sure it could be funny but they'd have to lay off the draco meteor gag for the next few weeks.

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
Yay! Pip gets another ep! ^_^ and Gible is involved too!
I hope it'll learn a new attack like some speculate... can Pip learn Drill Peck without evolving? if it can, this should replace Peck

Trainer Yusuf

Leopard Owner
Reaction score
Yay! Pip gets another ep! ^_^ and Gible is involved too!
I hope it'll learn a new attack like some speculate... can Pip learn Drill Peck without evolving? if it can, this should replace Peck
According to Bulbapedia, yes, they can learn it without evolving.

Snake Bandage

The Pumpkin King
Reaction score
These are two Pokemon that should be kept in their Pokeballs. Seriously, the stupid dragon is a walking hazard and I'm not surprised the penguin gets the damage.

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score

Picture sums up my initial thoughts on this when I saw the title.

Another freaking Piplup episode is the last thing I want right now. Damnit.

Plumeria

Cool cat
Reaction score
Yawn. I like Pochama, but a whole episode about it sounds rather dull. Reminds me of that PikaPocha Chronicle episode.

Ampharos King

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
So the Piplup being hit by Draco Meteor gag turned into the plot of an episode? Another Piplup separation/focused episode? Well, beggers can't be choosers...

jinglejoe

Reaction score
Piplup should just go to hell along with Dawn and all of her other weak cheesy/whimpy Pokemon!

Grave-E

Load of Belloni
Reaction score
beaten up by fukamaru's Draco Meteor.
I love the wording of that. Makes me think the Draco Meteor will stop a few inches from the ground, spotaniously sprout arms and legs and dish out some marquess of Queensberry on Piplup.

As for new moves, Substitute would be nice. Suddenly vanish during battle and leave a plush toy in it's place. A very collectable plush toy. The kids'll love it.

swampertuska

Reaction score
Another episode with that stupid pokemon. It sucks. Nothing new. It would be better if they show an episode including Buneary or another pokemon in her team.

Clod

Diglett Thief
Reaction score
I agree with that also... the writers should have used Cyndaquil for this running gag instead of Piplup to give it some screen time, or something.

Trainer Yusuf

Leopard Owner
Reaction score
I agree with that also... the writers should have used Cyndaquil for this running gag instead of Piplup to give it some screen time, or something.
Piplup is a running gag because it has a hatedom despite being a mascot and shown in EVERY FREAKIN EPISODE and hasn't done anything worth to mention(like learning an attack) for episodes. Cyndaquil is just the DEM baby. Also, like said on Serebii, Piplup is currently being done like Kantosaga!Pikachu, providing some slapstick humor, which was something DP Saga kinda lacked and needed.

Last edited:

Leonardo10

Leonardo the Great
Reaction score
Piplup is a running gag because it has a hatedom despite being a mascot and shown in EVERY FREAKIN EPISODE and hasn't done anything worth to mention(like learning an attack) for episodes. Cyndaquil is just the DEM baby. Also, like said on Serebii, Piplup is currently being done like Kantosaga!Pikachu, providing some slapstick humor, which was something DP Saga kinda lacked and needed.
I wonder why people hate Piplup? Maybe because he's so selfish and unbelieveably arrogant. Or myabe it's because he has done nothing of real significance.