• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 164 Pochama!

WindBlast

Purgatorio
Reaction score
Episode 164 is revealed XD
From Dengeki
http://imepita.jp/20100119/667130
Apparently,Pochama will be lost due to being beaten up by fukamaru's Draco Meteor.
eh,hopefully he learns a new move!

(All credits are for Slowkingsley from Serebi forums).

Doubtful. Sounds like Draco Meteor backfires again and this time it's a doozy, so much so that it sends Piplup off into the wild blue yonder, lost and hopeless.

Wait so Gible and Piplup are gonna battle? I'm confused.
Oh,i'm sorry if i confused you,i meant that Pochama will be beaten by Fukamaru's "non perfected" draco meteor again, and that would set him away from the group.
Sorry for the confusion^^

Piplup lost again!

I'm really getting sick of these episodes Dawn should either put a leash on piplup or keep it in it's pokeball.

Copy/Paste

I think the only redeeming factor is that Piplup might learn a new move something to counter Draco Meteor. Otherwise its just another lost episode, and I agree with whoever says it should be Dawn's other Pokemon that gets lost. But this episode just reinforces the idea that they're not speeding up at all.

And really draco meteor may be responsible but it's neither Ash's nor Gible's fault, it's not like they can control it where it goes when it lands.

That said if this is the last episode where draco meteor hits Piplup, I give props to the writers for making it a gag with a culminating episode such as this. Of course that doesn't change the fact that's another "Piplup" and "Lost" episode.

Sure it could be funny but they'd have to lay off the draco meteor gag for the next few weeks.

Yay! Pip gets another ep! ^_^ and Gible is involved too!
I hope it'll learn a new attack like some speculate... can Pip learn Drill Peck without evolving? if it can, this should replace Peck

Yay! Pip gets another ep! ^_^ and Gible is involved too!
I hope it'll learn a new attack like some speculate... can Pip learn Drill Peck without evolving? if it can, this should replace Peck

According to Bulbapedia, yes, they can learn it without evolving.

These are two Pokemon that should be kept in their Pokeballs. Seriously, the stupid dragon is a walking hazard and I'm not surprised the penguin gets the damage.

80360049.png

Picture sums up my initial thoughts on this when I saw the title.

Another freaking Piplup episode is the last thing I want right now. Damnit.

Yawn. I like Pochama, but a whole episode about it sounds rather dull. Reminds me of that PikaPocha Chronicle episode.

So the Piplup being hit by Draco Meteor gag turned into the plot of an episode? Another Piplup separation/focused episode? Well, beggers can't be choosers...

Piplup should just go to hell along with Dawn and all of her other weak cheesy/whimpy Pokemon!

beaten up by fukamaru's Draco Meteor.
I love the wording of that. Makes me think the Draco Meteor will stop a few inches from the ground, spotaniously sprout arms and legs and dish out some marquess of Queensberry on Piplup.

As for new moves, Substitute would be nice. Suddenly vanish during battle and leave a plush toy in it's place. A very collectable plush toy. The kids'll love it.

Another episode with that stupid pokemon. It sucks. Nothing new. It would be better if they show an episode including Buneary or another pokemon in her team.

I agree with that also... the writers should have used Cyndaquil for this running gag instead of Piplup to give it some screen time, or something.

I agree with that also... the writers should have used Cyndaquil for this running gag instead of Piplup to give it some screen time, or something.

Piplup is a running gag because it has a hatedom despite being a mascot and shown in EVERY FREAKIN EPISODE and hasn't done anything worth to mention(like learning an attack) for episodes. Cyndaquil is just the DEM baby. Also, like said on Serebii, Piplup is currently being done like Kantosaga!Pikachu, providing some slapstick humor, which was something DP Saga kinda lacked and needed.

Last edited:
Piplup is a running gag because it has a hatedom despite being a mascot and shown in EVERY FREAKIN EPISODE and hasn't done anything worth to mention(like learning an attack) for episodes. Cyndaquil is just the DEM baby. Also, like said on Serebii, Piplup is currently being done like Kantosaga!Pikachu, providing some slapstick humor, which was something DP Saga kinda lacked and needed.

I wonder why people hate Piplup? Maybe because he's so selfish and unbelieveably arrogant. Or myabe it's because he has done nothing of real significance.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom