• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 173-174 Ditto & GF start

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
Apparently the last two eps of April will be one about Ditto and one about Dawn making a new combination with Pip/Cynda - probably using a similar combination to the fire and water fusion she learned from May
It'll be interesting to see a Ditto again (I hope for a crazy funny ep with it) and of course it's great they're finally following on the Pip/Cynda rivalry - they'll have to overcome their problems and work together as friends for this combination to be successful

EDIT:
It turns out there are two Ditto and one of them is shining
Also, the second ep won't be about Pip/Cynda like we initially thought - the title is "Art of fire and ice" (and not fire/water like we thought) referring to Dawn's first performance of the GF - she uses Bunny and Cynda

Last edited:
Last edited:
Re: DP 173-174 Ditto & Pip/Cynda

3-I hope they reference DP076 and of course Haruka. This is more of wishful thinking though.

They did mention May when they heard about Uxie, so I hope they'll mention May again now too
I'll copy-paste my idea (well, not so original idea XD ) for the combination:

the only fire attack Cynda can do currently is Flame Wheel - anyone thinks the combinations might be a fire ball (Cyna using Flame Wheel) with bubbles that circle it (Pip's BubbleBeam) and if it's used for battles, Cynda could run with its Flame Wheel together with Pip's bubbles and smash the opponent
I think I already loves this combination!

If I may re-iritate;

+ Cyndaquil possibly doing something that actually gives it a shread of personallity.
+ Interaction with Piplup has the potential to be funny if they play their cards right. 2 water energy.

- More wake-me-when-it's-over contest training fluff.
- More Piplup? Guffaw!

How many contest training eps have there been in DP? I feel like we've sat through about 20 different episodes with Dawn practicing appeals.

- More wake-me-when-it's-over contest training fluff.

Zzz... I really dislike how they dedicate so many episodes for contest training. I would've really liked them to do it like how they did in AG, skip the tedious contest training episodes and have the coordinator be more impulsive during the contests. Now we already know which combinations Dawn will pull and it will make the battles less interesting than what they could be. I probably won't be on the edge of my seat when watching the contest battles this time (I'll never forget how damn good the Kanto GF battles were).

Bring on the Ditto episode though. That fella never fails to deliver.

I'd laugh so hard if the Ditto episode meant the return of Brodie or Duplica, although I doubt we'll see either of them.

So when we don't see the characters train, people complain and when we do see them train, people complain too...
Seriously... what's up? This show IS about TRAINING Pokémon... we SHOULD see them train sometimes - especially now when both heroes are going to participate in the big tournaments we watched them almost 4 years trying to get into...

There's just too many training eps. We just got the previous ep at the Seashore school, then the one before that with Cynda/Mamoswine in the Candice/Zoey ep, the upcoming Togekiss training ep, now this one, let along all the training eps in the past.

That coupled with all of Ash's training eps, and damn, I think most of the "fillers" in DP (although they're not really fillers) are training eps.

Now we already know which combinations Dawn will pull and it will make the battles less interesting than what they could be.

Knowing about Flame Ice didn't make Hikari's 5th ribbon any less interesting. Who's to say she even gets this to work right in this episode, or maybe tries a variation of it later?

I'm glad we're having these training episode. Makes the show show feel more realistic. But I can't say I'm very excited about Metamon yet.

There are not nearly as much training eps as people make it... we had a lot of other eps too: the recent Piplup ep, Evil Togepi, Lyra arc, Galactic arc, Shaymin and Ranger eps...
Also, even in the training eps it's usually NOT 22 minutes of nonstop training - we often get some funny scenes, recurring character, character development, etc...
For example, in the Mamo/Cynda training ep we had:
- Zoey and Candice appear
- Zoey win her last ribbon
- Zoey reveal her two new Pokémon
In the seashore school ep we had:
- Ash, Dawn and Brock each teach the kids something of their speciality
- A good COTD that had funny interactions with Pip
- Said COTD managed to develope by the ep's end (reveal that it actually liked Pip all the time and just didn't know to show it's feelings so it annoyed it instead)
- Dawn started to doubt herself again and her friends cheered her up
- Dawn got an idea from the COTD, trained and eventually made up a new combination
- Jessie won her 4th ribbon
- Dawn got a new dress
As you can see, the trainings eps are great and can provide as many good things any other ep can...

To be honest, I just don't care about contest training. It's nice to see, but I'm not all that interested. I've never really cared for contests training, but hey, it needs to be done so we can get the Grand Festival over with.

Ditto sounds fun though. I really like Ditto.

Yeeeeah, but none of that stuff you listed really interests me, Piplup. To each one's own I suppose, but Zoey yapping on about perfecting combinations or Dawn getting a new dress? That just isn't going to keep me entertained. I suppose I might be interested if they went about it in a different way, but as it stands? Nah. Does nothing for me.

Didn't you at least like the Piplup interactions with the COTD? I think that was really funny...
Oh well, we'll never agree about everything - but that's another good thing about Poké: we get a lot of episodes from many different kinds (funny, crazy, sad, emotional, happy, serious, training, etc) so eventually everyone can get what they like out of this show

Well at the least, after the GF ends there shouldn't be any more contest training for quite some time.

After that its all Ash for 8th Gym and league.

Well at the least, after the GF ends there shouldn't be any more contest training for quite some time.

After that its all Ash for 8th Gym and league.

I see you totally forgot what Kanto gave us after the GF:
- Unofficial Contest Battle of May VS Drew
- Unofficial Contest of May VS Ash

I won't be surprised at all if we'll get both of these things again, with the May/Drew battle and the Ash/Gary battle being merged together for DP with Ash&Dawn VS Paul&Zoey (I'd really like this, emphasize on Ash and Dawn's relationship in a tag battle together rather than battle each other like May)
We could also have an ep before this where Dawn will wonder what to do next and maybe make up a new combination just because she missing her Contest training and realize how important the Contests became for her

So we can still get some Contest stuff and we'll probably get it...

I'm sure Dawn will get a few eps as DP is coming to a close, after all if she's leaving they have to give her and her rivals a sendoff and tell us where they're going. But the "training" eps will be over at least, that's different than the "battling" eps for me.

If you mean something like the Kotone/Khourey tag battle, then yes we'll likely get something like that with Dawn and her rivals as DP closes. But that's battling, not training.

if she's leaving they have to give her and her rivals a sendoff and tell us where they're going.

I think they'll need to do this anyway, even if Dawn stays...
I already said before but wether Dawn stay or leave I'd like this to be the case:
Dawn's rivals (most of them or everyone) decide to go to Johto (or whatever region they want) and Dawn can't decide if she wants to stay with Ash or go after her rivals, but eventually after a talk with both Ash and the rivals (mainly Zoey) she'll decide whatever the writers would want her to do
But yeah, that's off topic...

To get back on topic, does anyone have some original speculation for the Ditto ep? everyone mention Duplica and Brody but seriously, we'll probably never see either of them again
It'd be interesting if Conway will own it like some say, but I also think it'd be awesome if it'll be a crazy Ditto that will mess up with everyone similar to the Evil Togepi

Metamon, Metamon... Maybe this Meteman pulls off a trick like the one pulled in Electric Tale Of Pikachu manga: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ditto_(Pokémon)#In_the_manga

Or, maybe this one transforms into Pochama and we see Pochama's ego issues back in action? If Metamon tries to impersonate Pochama and actually becomes a better Pochama than Pochama himself that would be hilarious.

But yeah I'm open to all ideas.

It'd be awesome if Ditto Transform into one of the group's Poké and switch with it and the twerps find out only in the very end of the ep

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom