• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 173-174 Ditto & GF start

Re: DP 173-174 Ditto & Pip/Cynda

It'd be awesome if Ditto Transform into one of the group's Poké and switch with it and the twerps find out only in the very end of the ep

Absolutely! :D! That would be one of the greatest episodes ever!

Ditto getting an ep now at the tail-end of a region is rather random, its not even a Johto Pokemon.

Ditto getting an ep now at the tail-end of a region is rather random, its not even a Johto Pokemon.

I assume we will see lots of random Johto Pokémon in the Metamon episode. I mean, how long a Metamon stays as a Metamon ;P? They most of time transform into something else, so, not that random :S.

Someone said this on the fake title thread:

"Fire and Water Art"

Which makes me think how on earth this will work, when Hinoarashi only knows Flame Wheel and not any other fire attacks.

So for the art, I think that Bubblebeam will be the "lines" of the art while a newly learned Lave Plume will be the canvas.

/crazy never-going-to-happen prediction which takes "art" way too literally.

And yes, I would prefer this to ripping off Haruka's tactics.
Which were ripped off to begin with.

I hope Ditto transforms into Ho-oh so Ho-oh gets an ep.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm guessing Fire and Water Art will once more call upon the strategy Tucker used in the BF. After all, they've mentioned it a few times after that.

Also, I agree with the opinion on Contest Training episodes. I don't mind the idea behind him, but sometimes I wish they could just discover new combinations on accident instead of spending all episode perfecting it.

I hope Ditto transforms into Ho-oh so Ho-oh gets an ep.

I really wonder how Transform works in the anime... Mew in movie 8 seemed like it could change to any Poké it wants (which also did include Ho-Oh)
But other than that, all Ditto we saw only transformed into Poké they actually saw right near them
So can a Ditto use Transform to become whatever it wants, or does it have to see the Pokémon near it to change into this specific Poké?
I hope they'll explain this too...

I really wonder how Transform works in the anime... Mew in movie 8 seemed like it could change to any Poké it wants (which also did include Ho-Oh)
But other than that, all Ditto we saw only transformed into Poké they actually saw right near them
So can a Ditto use Transform to become whatever it wants, or does it have to see the Pokémon near it to change into this specific Poké?
I hope they'll explain this too...

Pokedex entries are usually not reliable, but I think a few mention that Mew has the genetic DNA of all pokemon (or the root of it, bleh) I'm guessing that is how it can transform without needing to see the pokes themselves.

Pokedex entries are usually not reliable, but I think a few mention that Mew has the genetic DNA of all pokemon (or the root of it, bleh)

Wasn't that also said during the opening segment of Movie 8?

Yes, gonig with Pokédex entries Metamon needs something to base it's new form. They fail when they try to transform from memory.

I hope we see ability Limber in action here.

I guess the DNA thing can be an excuse for Mew... so other than Mew, Ditto have to see a certain Poké to Transform into it
What's about transforming into humans or items? Duplica's first ep showed that Ditto can transform into items (it transformed into a cannon if I remember correct) but I think all later eps only had Ditto change to Poké... and we never saw one change to a human

Pokedex entry again :p

I think either the Gold or Silver one mentioned Metamon turning into a rock when it goes to sleep.

I really hope it can't turn into a human. Illusions =/= Transformation, but regardless looking like Humans is Zoroark's thing.

I wonder if Zorua/Zoroark can use Transform too... at first I thought they can only transform to the beast trio or to humans - but the recent trailer showed Zorua change into Piplup so I don't know...
I hope Transform will stay Ditto's thing, it's enough that Mew stole it
Can a Smeargle learn Transform by using Sketch?

I guess the DNA thing can be an excuse for Mew... so other than Mew, Ditto have to see a certain Poké to Transform into it
What's about transforming into humans or items? Duplica's first ep showed that Ditto can transform into items (it transformed into a cannon if I remember correct) but I think all later eps only had Ditto change to Poké... and we never saw one change to a human

Not in animé, though as I said before one did transform into humans in Electric Tale of Pikachu manga and there was another one who could transform into human in a very different manga and was a ninja. But mangas =/= animé and no, I don't think this Metamon will transform into any human.

I really hope it can't turn into a human. Illusions =/= Transformation, but regardless looking like Humans is Zoroark's thing.
Latias in Movie 5.

Can a Smeargle learn Transform by using Sketch?
Yes.

Why can I never remember anything from the damn movies? :p

I do find it kinda weird that we are getting a Metamon featured while Zoroark is around and about being advertised...

Ditto is Pokemon only. I believe the anime learned that lesson. The transformation replicas the DNA of whatever Pokemon is nearby. It becomes an actual copy of the creature.

Zorua, Zoroark... Theirs is simple illusion. Which extends to anything. Hence why we see Zoroark become Ash in the movie preview. But it isn't really becoming the Pokemon. It isn't using Transform.

As for Piplup and Cyndaquil. The fushion of Fire and Water! Cyndaquil may get another Fire attack to compliment Piplup's Hydro Pump. OR They work around its Flame Wheel. But I figure FW is more Flame Ice's shtick.

Ditto Episode:

1. If Duplica does show up, maybe a double battle with Infernape and Torterra (Ash finally beats Duplica). Mini dit Torterra FTW

2. If Conway shows up, then Gible vs Gible with Ash's Gible winning. Conway confirms his role in the Sinnoh League.

3. Random Pokemon Trainer's Ditto vs Buizel (Buizel get an easy win). Trainer gets upset and the episode revolves around cheering him up, even having a rematch with Ash near the end, while not winning as easily as last time, Ash still wins.

4. Random wild Ditto, I don't care.

Piplup/Cyndaquil Episode.

1. Well if Cyndaquil gets a new move or shows that it has a fourth move then I guess it might be passable but just a training episode especially a contest one, doesn't really make me want to watch it. Oh sure it could rival Piplup's Hydro Pump episode, but even still it still sounds boring. Hopefully there's something more to it than that.

2. Nando should appear more than anyone, I don't really care about Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, but if Nando does show up and confirms he'll be in the GF and Sinnoh League then the episode gets a few points in my book. But if its some "crappy" training episode that revolves around Team Rocket stealing some COTD's Pokemon I'll be very annoyed (sure I'll still watch it but still ~22 minutes is a long time to waste on a boring episode.

3. Jessie winning her 5th ribbon if she hasn't already at this point would also win some points, but they better devote some time to Jessie not like DP167 when they just added her winning her 5th ribbon just for the sake of adding it.

4. Some extra points will be given if Ash does anything important (training wise), such as training Gible with Draco Meteor (I'm still wondering if it'll home in on Piplup since that Piplup episode). In fact since Ash has a fire and water Pokemon, Ash doing fire and water combination to inspire Dawn might be well done.

Ditto is Pokemon only. I believe the anime learned that lesson.

What's wrong with Ditto transforming into a cannon, or a book, or an inanimate object? Seems like a unique way to show off Ditto's Transform in a non limited game wise capacity.

Yeah one of these eps better have Jessie getting her last ribbon.

Seriously, just get us to the damn Grand Festival already.

I'd prefer a full ep for Jessie's last ribbon, which should also be the very last Contest just like how May used to get her last ribbons in the very last Contest

What's wrong with Ditto transforming into a cannon, or a book, or an inanimate object? Seems like a unique way to show off Ditto's Transform in a non limited game wise capacity.
Shouldn't happen because that's not what Transform is about.

A rock? Okay, fine, it's just inanimate enough to work.

A book? A book in an item assembled via different pieces and part. It has multiple pages. No thanks.

A Cannon? An actually working cannon? Not only is it built, but it has chemical reactions and fires projectiles. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

A human? Dear god, I don't even want to go down that path.

ra9qon.jpg

GAH!! TOO LATE!!!

Yay fun transform debate.

Shouldn't happen because that's not what Transform is about.
Transform seems to be Pokemon's answer to shape shifting, a lot of examples have people shapeshifting into objects, such as chairs and other things.

A book? A book in an item assembled via different pieces and part. It has multiple pages. No thanks.
Perhaps an exact copy of a book may seem a little ridiculous but something like a diary or something with blank pages shouldn't be that hard.

A Cannon? An actually working cannon? Not only is it built, but it has chemical reactions and fires projectiles. That doesn't make a lick of sense.
Well the thing is there are many examples in anime as well as real life fictional movies of something as big as a skyscraper shrinking into something much smaller. And we're talking about something that has something like 20 foot iron beams capable of supporting a lot of weight. If a something big like a skyscraper that can shrink to minuscule sizes for whatever reason I'm not seeing the issue of Ditto transforming into a cannon. Even if in Pokemon there is no example of huge items shrinking into small proportions.

I think the issue comes from Ditto's body, can it only transform all at once, or can it transform into segments, I'll discuss this in a moment.

A human? Dear god, I don't even want to go down that path.

Humans should be complex organisms, while Pokemon since they're capable of some scary crap should be even more complex. If Ditto can duplicate Pokemon pretty much exactly being able to perform attacks it normally can't do, then humans should be pretty easy since few have any special powers and even then Pokemon still can perform up to many different Pokemon attacks.

Which goes to my earlier point. Can ditto transform all at once or can it transform in segments (even if it looks like all at once). Being able to transform with DNA still wouldn't be very easy since again humans and Pokemon should be very complex, even so more than human man made objects. There's blood, intestines, brains, lots of physical features. It can't be easy.

While a cannon or some other man made objects is less complex in it's design since its made up of less parts. Sure I'll agree any sort of external stimuli/source to those man made objects should not be duplicated. Such as Ditto should transform into a gun, but Ditto's trainer should have bullets. Or possibly a water powered object. Ditto should be able to transform into the object but the water needs to supplied by the trainer.

I'd prefer a full ep for Jessie's last ribbon, which should also be the very last Contest just like how May used to get her last ribbons in the very last Contest

I'm not sure how likely that is, unless Ash and Co become Team Rocket in normal screen time for the episode (like in the noodle episode). I just don't see how likely it is that Jessie will be given an episode, since I doubt Dawn would care to watch Jessalina earn her 5th ribbon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom