• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 55 Title

Quagbert

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Source: PokéAni

DP055: エイパムとブイゼル!それぞれの道!!
Sushi on SPPf translated this as Aipom and Buizel! Respective Roads!!
The episode airs November 15th, 2007
I predict that [bp=Category:Episodes animated by Izumi Shimura]Izumi Shimura[/bp] will be this episode's animation director.

Already people on SPPf are speculating a trade...

Hrm. Indeed. (Also, please share with us your methods of divining the staff? Is there really a cyclic pattern to it?)

*Slams head on table*

I give up. From now on, anything a n00b says, I will follow with my heart. *Sigh* Now I pray one of them starts an offer for Probopass to go on the main team. I don't care who, I just want Pwnpass on the main side...

Well duh, finally. They've been hitting us over the head with it.

This certainly proves that team changes come in sets. :eek:

Uh, it's so obvious. It's going to be double evolution episode. Flowsel and Etebose.

I would rather want a capture. I just hope that Satoshi is not going to stop catching after his 6th Pokemon. He needs more Pokemon (that's why Houen sucked).

Uh, it's so obvious. It's going to be double evolution episode. Flowsel and Etebose.

It seems much more likely to simply be a trade
They might evolve later but I don't see any reason to think both will evolve now
The episode probably will be rushed anyway to have something happen to make them seriously think about a trade and than have a discussion with their Pokémon until eventually trading and beat TR to prove they can work with their new Pokémon
No need to make them evolve too in this episode (I won't say it has no chance to happen but it doesn't look likely to me)

I'm still shocked how it came exactly when I posted that thread... I hope people won't think I lied X_X

Why is everyone surprised by this? It's only been hinted at practically ever since their respective captures.

Why is everyone surprised by this? It's only been hinted at practically ever since their respective captures.

And now since they afraid to admit they were wrong they pulled that stupid "THE NOOBS WERE RIGHT!!!111"
Those people should simply admit they were wrong in their speculation about Aipom/Buizel...
I also was wrong about Chimchar and I don't call those who believed it "noobs" because of that
The writers are actually building stuff now so we should be happy instead of complaining
They made it obvious there is going to be something with Aipom/Buizel and while it got less hints also Paul/Chimchar... anyone just chose to speculate whatever they thought or wanted - no one is a "noob" because they speculated one thing or the other

Regardless of what this seems like, I wish to know more. That won't happen for a while.

The writers are actually building stuff now so we should be happy instead of complaining
They made it obvious there is going to be something with Aipom/Buizel and while it got less hints also Paul/Chimchar
Good points. We're getting a lot of secondary storylines now, which is awesome.

Good points. We're getting a lot of secondary storylines now, which is awesome.

Thanks
And while it's the least developed when you compare it to Aipom/Buizel and Paul/Chimchar we did get at least a little hint of Gardenia getting James' Cacnea
DP really is going to be the best if we'll keep get so good things...
And some complain about Ash getting the same types- but they should note how it's the first time a rival release a Pokémon and than this Pokémon get caught by a main character and also the first time we get a trade between main characters so at least I don't care anymore about the types if they do it so interesting and new

Well, I feel sad since this obviously means that Aipom leaves after DP. :<
It's weird too, that all these team changes occur in a sort-of chain. XD

I think the only disappointing thing about a trade is that Ash is going to have the same types he has every season. The D/P series, besides giving him a second starter and a trade...has done nothing new for Ash's team and reduces him to the same pattern.

Dawn with Aipom will be fun, I wonder if Aipom will still like Ash?

Well, I feel sad since this obviously means that Aipom leaves after DP. :<
It's weird too, that all these team changes occur in a sort-of chain. XD

I don't like it when people invent things
Dawn might stay for the 5th generation (but please don't turn this into another "will Dawn stay?" discussion)
And even if the trade won't happen and Ash will stay while Dawn will leave it's most likely he won't bring Aipom with him to the 5th generation region like in Hoenn or Sinnoh so it doesn't change much for what will happen to Aipom in the 5th generation

^ You guys should have been by now used to this fandom complaining about ANYTHING. :p

Sad but true
At least there are some people that still have a brain and not complain about everything including good things that we should be happy to see
Not to mention it's so stupid to see people get totally surprised from this title like the possibility never was before... they always knew it was highly possible but chose to want it not to happen without any reason

I think the only disappointing thing about a trade is that Ash is going to have the same types he has every season. The D/P series, besides giving him a second starter and a trade...has done nothing new for Ash's team and reduces him to the same pattern.

Dawn with Aipom will be fun, I wonder if Aipom will still like Ash?

I still can't understand why people bother to complain about that he have the same types like this is more important than all of the building and development Aipom/Buizel and Chimchar/Paul got
Not to mention it's not like we'll see anything THAT different if Ash would have Spiritomb for exmple instead Chimchar... it's simply the fact it is from a different type and thats it... yay... much better than doing new interesting things like Aipom/Buizel and Chimchar/Paul and much better than actually have some building and development in the show -_-

And Aipom doesn't have any reason to stop like Ash... this is another good thing: both Aipom and Buizel will still see their original trainers and more important Chimchar will also see Paul sometimes
That can lead into many nice things and we should thank the writers for how good DP is - much better than anything before

Last edited:
One way to deny this trade as fact:

The trade DOES happen, but Aipom becomes Ambipom, Dawn is uneasy with it and trades it back to Ash! HUZZAH!!!

Eh, regardless, I can't see Dawn with Ambipom, so meh.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom