• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 55 Title

One way to deny this trade as fact:

The trade DOES happen, but Aipom becomes Ambipom, Dawn is uneasy with it and trades it back to Ash! HUZZAH!!!

Eh, regardless, I can't see Dawn with Ambipom, so meh.

And that is desperatly trying to be right and not wanting to admit you was simply wrong at a speculation you did about a cartoon...
Why would Dawn feel "uneasy" with it? -_- why would they trade if that will happen? and what with all the development they got and all the building to this trade?

And that is desperatly trying to be right and not wanting to admit you was simply wrong at a speculation you did about a cartoon...
Why would Dawn feel "uneasy" with it? -_- why would they trade if that will happen? and what with all the development they got and all the building to this trade?

My point is it might be the Raticate/Butterfree trade all over again regardless of whether it evolves or not.

And yes, I'm cheesed off right now. You don't have to rub it in.

My point is it might be the Raticate/Butterfree trade all over again regardless of whether it evolves or not.

And yes, I'm cheesed off right now. You don't have to rub it in.

Sorry but I think people exaggerate with this and that they should be happy
It most likely won't be like the Butterfree/Raticate trade because that trade was stupid for no reason at all and seemed like Pokémon were items that you can trade for the sake of it
This time though it's a trade they bothered to build for more than a year before DP even started and is to make those Pokémon happy
You better be ready for that trade to be permament or otherwise you might take it even worse and also try to see the good things in that trade (like for the first time see main characters trade Pokémon)

It shouldn't be too shocking, there were obvious hints toward this for a long time. People just ignored them and believed what they wanted.

Hrm. Indeed. (Also, please share with us your methods of divining the staff? Is there really a cyclic pattern to it?)

There is, sort of, as far as animation directors (作画監督) go; as you can see on Pokeani's episode list:
  • Izumi Shimura (志村泉) rarely does her episodes more than three apart (ex. DP34, DP37, DP41)
  • Masaaki Iwane (岩根雅明) typically does his episodes about four apart (ex. DP21, DP26, DP31)
  • Yūsaku Takeda (たけだゆうさく) has done his most recent episodes six apart (DP40, DP47, DP54)
  • Until she apparently stopped directing after DP035, Hiromi Funatsu (船津弘美) would do most of her episodes about 4-5 apart. My guess is Toshihito Hirooka (広岡歳仁) will be the same way and do DP60.
  • Since DP17, every episode done by Kazue Kinoshita (木下和栄) has been immediately, or at least shortly, followed by one done by either Kunihiko Natsume (夏目久仁彦) or Makoto Shinjō (新城真)
Using this method I was able to accurately predict the animation directors for several episodes, such as Shimura and Iwane for DP51 and DP52, respectively. It's not perfect, however, since I wasn't expecting Takeda or Hirooka to come back after not doing an episode for over a year. Nor did I expect Iwane's episodes to suddenly show up more frequently and irregularly, as with DP33-52.

I haven't really noticed any sort of pattern for the rest of the staff, except that Atsuhiro Tomioka (冨岡淳広) seems to write a lot of the more important episodes, that all of Iwane's episodes are directed and usually storyboarded by Yūji Asada (浅田裕二), and that Hiroyuki Yamada (山田浩之) directs and storyboards all of Shinjō's and Natsume's episodes.

Now I'd say something to get back on topic, but I don't really have anything that hasn't been mentioned already.

It shouldn't be too shocking, there were obvious hints toward this for a long time. People just ignored them and believed what they wanted.

Exactly
It's so funny to see people act like there was never any possibility while it was so obvious it's going to happen

I'll quote myself from the other thread:
And I'm actually have some little doubts now because of the Aqua Jet + Ice beam that we still didn't see... maybe DP55 will only discuss the problem and have the characters decide to stay with their Pokémon at least a little longer and try to make them like gyms/contests and only if they'll fail to trade?

Exactly
It's so funny to see people act like there was never any possibility while it was so obvious it's going to happen

I'll quote myself from the other thread:
And I'm actually have some little doubts now because of the Aqua Jet + Ice beam that we still didn't see... maybe DP55 will only discuss the problem and have the characters decide to stay with their Pokémon at least a little longer and try to make them like gyms/contests and only if they'll fail to trade?

At least whatever happens this episode will put the matter to rest overall

On the bright side, Buizel and Chimchar both are rather neat and both are somewhat unique compared to previous water and fire types.

A real plot twist now would be Brock giving Croagunk to Jessie. Yeah, remember when Jessie battled with it?

A real plot twist now would be Brock giving Croagunk to Jessie. Yeah, remember when Jessie battled with it?

But unlike Aipom/Buizel Chimchar or Cacnea there isn't any build for this
Croagunk seems happy to be Brock's and during the Ash/Roark battle it made sure TR won't interrupt
Not to mention it's the new "pull Brock away from girls" character and also seems to be Brock's "star" like how Ash/Pikachu and Dawn/Piplup are

Last edited:
Oh lord ! Please let it be evolutions not a trade ! Buizel is a good fit for Dawn beacuse it shows she can catch Pokemon that don't have a cuteness factor. Just beacuse Ash is the main-main character doesn't mean every Pokemon should go to him. That's why they have him travel around with Brock and that female chracter from the region

Oh lord ! Please let it be evolutions not a trade ! Buizel is a good fit for Dawn beacuse it shows she can catch Pokemon that don't have a cuteness factor. Just beacuse Ash is the main-main character doesn't mean every Pokemon should go to him. That's why they have him travel around with Brock and that female chracter from the region

What the hell? How is Ash "getting every Pokemon" when Ash/Dawn have the same Pokemon after this ep?

The only bad thing is Ash's next new member probably won't be for like...awhile.

Atleast he has alot of possible upcoming evolutions.

And you know, besides the attitude, Buizel is a cute Pokemon.

The only bad thing is Ash's next new member probably won't be for like...awhile.

Yeah.

But I really don't understand the writers. Why can't they just make Satoshi catch more Pokemon in Shin'ou instead of walking with his "big six" and never changing his squad. If he caught some more Pokemon in Shin'ou, the show would be better, more interesting and Satoshi would be stronger. But a mysterious force (called stupidity) doesn't allow writers to do so.

Yeah.

But I really don't understand the writers. Why can't they just make Satoshi catch more Pokemon in Shin'ou instead of walking with his "big six" and never changing his squad. If he caught some more Pokemon in Shin'ou, the show would be better, more interesting and Satoshi would be stronger. But a mysterious force (called stupidity) doesn't allow writers to do so.

It's much easier to develop the personalities of each Pokemon if they are kept on the team for long periods of time.

/\ Yes.

I have noticed that with DP a lot more focus has been put on the individual Pokémon. They all have distinct personalities (although Mukubird is debatable), unlike in previous generations. Especially when it comes to increasing the amount of screentime for Hikari and Takeshi's Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom