• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 64-65 Titles

The earliest we could get to Veilstone now is of course February, but even then it will probably be a few eps till he earns the badge. Once we get to Veilstone I expect maybe 2 or so episodes just to explore the city or introduce the Gym leader before Ash actually battles her...and then finally the actual battle.

The writers are obviously having a lot of fun for the time being and with no new games on the horizon they can stretch out Sinnoh as long as they like. I fully expect Sinnoh to go on for longer than Johto and almost the length of the entire AG saga unless things pick up the pace later on.

...GLIGARMAN RETURNS PLEASE.

I find it funny the "Pachirisu in Hippowdon's Mouth!?" episode is right after one featuring the Face Rape Pokémon. That's probably just me, though.

Last edited:
The writers are obviously having a lot of fun for the time being and with no new games on the horizon they can stretch out Sinnoh as long as they like. I fully expect Sinnoh to go on for longer than Johto and almost the length of the entire AG saga unless things pick up the pace later on.
As long as they do interesting stuff in between gyms like tag-battle tournaments, J, and Team Galactic please, it won't be so bad.

No main RPG around the corner, so they can whore Sinnoh for all it's worth. And hopefully it won't puss out near the end.
Hah, of COURSE it's going to puss out at the end. Rushed leagues have become something of a tradition at this point.

I must admit, as anxious as I am to see this episodes, I'm extremely irritated with the amount of (potential) fillers we've been happening before the next gym.

No, not even, the amount of EPISODES. I just want them to get to the 3rd gym. The leader is awesome and has awesome hair.

Yay!

Filler episodes!

Those are always fun. ^_^

And actually, I loved Johto a lot. So I don't mind the writers giving us a huge gap between the 2nd and 3rd gyms. I'm used to these gaps by now. XD

Also, I've always seen the Pokemon anime as being 60% filler, 20% plot, and 20% character development. So the writers having this long gap of episodes until they reach the 3rd gym is no surprise to me. XD

Anyway, I think one of the reasons I like Johto so much is actually, because of the long gaps between gyms. I don't know why, but I really like seeing episodes where Ash and his friends get lost and then something cool, exciting, and funny happens. Those episodes are pure gold for me!! :)

Oh, and I'm not saying gym episodes are bad either. I really enjoy watching gym episodes. And in fact, I have just as much fun watching gym episodes as I have with filler episodes. However, it's true that in some cases, an AWESOME filler episode can actually be better than a gym battle. And that's when you really start to appreciate these gaps.

...GLIGARMAN RETURNS PLEASE.
I agree!

I liked him in "The Superhero Secret! ^^

Yes, Gligarman definitely needs to return, as do many other COTD's from Johto. XD

Last edited:
I get the feeling the Hippowdon one's going to be Bertha-centered. After all, Hippowdon's her strongest Pokémon, right?

After Dawn's newest loss, I have a feeling Dawn was training an appeal with Pachirisu...and that's how it gets stuck in the Hippo's mouth.

There doesn't seem to be much room for training in the other recent eps so an ep staring Pachirisu has to be Dawn centered, right? I hope we see her practicing new appeals in that ep before the hijinks happpen.

Say, if Team Rocket does get a Gligar or Gliscor maybe James will get it! Cause he's one battler short.

I'm hoping for either the return of Morrison or Gligarman. :D

But of course neither is likely to happen. :/

If the swinub in the episode before actually end up being the ones from Johto I could see Gligarman being a distinct possibility. Those fillers gave us a number of decent cotds that were never revisited.

Personally, I think that James should get Gliscor. Maybe Gligar man gives it to him.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom