• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 89-92 Summaries (+New title)

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
Found this on serebii (Sushi's translations) and PokeAni:

DP 89: "Research Presentation 'Legend of the Lake'!"

The topic of the third day of summer school is Pokémon Research. The task is to study the Water Pokémon in the lake nearby and present the results of the research to the teacher.
Ash and his friends head to the lake immediately, but suddenly flashes of blue light emerge from the depths of the lake, and Aoi's Shinx disappears...

DP 90: "It's Ghost Time After School"

On the fifth day of summer school, the students have to learn how to behave around Ghost-type Pokémon correctly. Divided into pairs, their task is to find a so-called "Program Medal" which is hidden in the ruins of a mountain nearby and return to the school grounds with it.
Ash teams up with Aoi, while Dawn and Brock choose other classmates as their partners. Meanwhile, a girl not partaking in the summer school program asks Conway to pair up with her.
And then, Dawn witnesses how Conway is attacked by the "Gripper Pokémon" which is said to drag people into the spiritual world: Dusknoir.

DP 91: "The Final Contest! Pokémon Triathalon!!"

It's time for the last program, the "Pokémon Triathlon". The students have to master the difficult tasks with the help of their Pokémon while adapting everything they had learned during the past week. At first, they have to pick one of the Pokéballs supplied by the school at the starting line and traverse a forest with the Pokémon contained.
Afterwards, the students will pick another Pokéball and cross a lake with the Water Pokémon inside it. Their last task is to reach the goal with the chosen partner Pokémon. Team Red, which is currently second place, hope for a come-from-behind victory against Team Blue...

DP 92(New):"Return to the Basics, Team Rocket!"

Ash and his friends have to take Piplup which has collapsed from training too much. Meanwhile, Team Rocket, who were following the group on a slope, decide to have lunch in a luxury restaurant. But then Jessie notices that Meowth's koban (the gold thing on its forehead) is buried under rolls of flab.
The trio now realizes that, due to them having lead a rich and luxurious life ever since they had earned the money at the summer school, they have become lazy and grown a lot in flesh. Wanting to return to their former "sharp and cool" shapes, they start a harsh training session...

Last edited:
Those summaries sound nice.

That last summary though, it cracks me up. TR get overweight and have to work out? That'll be a unique episode.

Hold the phone. You mean TR wins the summer school thing?

So far this filler arc has gone from DP 86-at least 92. Maybe James will catch a Tangela so it won't be filler.

It looks like TR does win the Summer School thing.

Reminds me of when Meowth lost his charm in the Chansey episode.

TR possibly wins AND they have to lose weight! Wow, I can't wait hehe. Looks like some TR spotlight which is always good to see. I really want to know what TR will do to make themselves "sharp and cool". Seems like another fun episode imo!

As for the other summaries, it's great to see Ash and co. handle two more rental pokemon it seems. I wonder what they're going to get? Also, the Dusknoir episode seems pretty exciting. Especially when Conway is involved in the mix haha. But I do want to know who's that girl that's not in the summer school. Kinda weird for her to show up huh? Possible relation to the ghost pokemon maybe.

Anyway, great summaries...I'm so looking forward to watching them.

I don't know why you guys think Team Rocket wins the summer school thing. I'm sure the money is just from Kojiro and Nyasu working those jobs there.

Glad that the pattern of a Team Rocket episode every 20 or so episodes is holding true. :-D After the last two, it'll be nice to have a goofy episode from them.

The TR training episode sounds very amusing... Hopefully it is.

XD; Interesting topic for the TR episode! Is Pokemon tackling the issue of people being overweight? On another note, I bet the girl Kouhei teams up with IS the ghost, but in human form. Pokemon's done it before, and they can do it again...

Gee, the Red Team has to beat the Blue Team? XD Maybe I look too deeply into these things...

TR has to fight obesity?

Ahahaha, oh god I love this show!

These episodes sound extremely interesting. Nice to see something rather new.

I don't know why you guys think Team Rocket wins the summer school thing. I'm sure the money is just from Kojiro and Nyasu working those jobs there.

Glad that the pattern of a Team Rocket episode every 20 or so episodes is holding true. :-D After the last two, it'll be nice to have a goofy episode from them.

Most likely it is from James and Meowth's jobs but it would be interesting to see Red Team lose imo. Besides I kinda like to see TR victories. But anyway, it still looks like another fun episode and I wonder if TR's training will have any interactions with Ash and co.

Do we know who's animating which eps? I saw somewhere that Iwane is going to animate the triathlon one.

Most likely it is from James and Meowth's jobs but it would be interesting to see Red Team lose imo. Besides I kinda like to see TR victories.

As do I, but the main reason I think it's from the jobs is that the prize of the summer school thing being money doesn't make any sense. Plus, the team would probably have to share it all equally. I can't really see Rowan giving the top student a ton of money.

Do we know who's animating which eps? I saw somewhere that Iwane is going to animate the triathlon one.

DP89: Sadatoshi Matsuzaka
DP90: Izumi Shimura
DP91: Masaaki Iwane
DP92: Ryuu Yokoyama

@RocketGirl
are the directors for 89 and 92 new? I don't remember hearing about them before...

Yeah...is that just a "let's pull a rumor out of our asses" thing, or is there an actual reason for people thinking that he'll capture the thing?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom